Home

Default legend pitching

This is a discussion on Default legend pitching within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2018, 11:48 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Default legend pitching

Does is seem too easy? Barely giving up 2 runs a game using classic default pitching. And always on a homerun. Computer can’t get a rally going at all just seems too easy?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2018, 01:08 AM   #2
Pro

ARoid1313's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Default legend pitching

100% way too easy .. this needs a fix ASAP for hardcore to continue playing. Have you tried any sliders ? Man I hope we find something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2018, 08:26 AM   #3
Pro

No I don’tike messing with sliders cause then I find myself doing it all the time. I guess I’ll have to bump up the power sliders and hard hit slider. Not saying I’m great at this game or anything but I don’t get how people are playing all star level and stuff. I’ve
Never played on legend before and it’s just extremely easy. 1-2-3 inning every time pretty much. No rallies by the cpu
Old 03-29-2018, 08:46 AM   #4
Banned

Agreed. I don’t get the All-Star thing either. How are this many people finding it enjoyable? If it’s this easy to pitch on legend do they not even have to have half innings on All-Star. All star used to be a good difficulty what the heck happened?
Old 03-29-2018, 10:35 AM   #5
Pro

ARoid1313's Arena

OVR: 3

Have you guys seen any difference after the patch this morning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2018, 10:36 AM   #6
Rookie

billyo's Arena

OVR: 4

I am in my 60's and play when I can. All-star mode is too easy for me even! I think franchise mode has been neglected by SDS to the point where it is going to take work to make it enjoyable. They are following the money, to the detriment of the guys who made the Show what it is, the franchise guys! If I play as a national league team, I may make it a DH league like the american league to stay away from the rocket bunts.
Old 03-31-2018, 11:49 AM   #7
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyo
I am in my 60's and play when I can. All-star mode is too easy for me even! I think franchise mode has been neglected by SDS to the point where it is going to take work to make it enjoyable. They are following the money, to the detriment of the guys who made the Show what it is, the franchise guys! If I play as a national league team, I may make it a DH league like the american league to stay away from the rocket bunts.
I do not think making All-Star too easy is the problem, but more that the high levels don't yield better results.

I feel like All-Star Hitting is too easy and Hall of Fame is too hard. While Legend pitching seems easier than All-Star has been in previous versions.

There doesn't seem to be a rhythm for what the proper gap is between levels. It feels like it's a decision made by a person (i.e. this should be X points harder, but this should be only Y points harder), rather than a global increase in difficulty.

Because again using hitting vs pitching comparison. I feel like my timing is just as good, if only just a tad worse, when comparing All-Star hitting to HoF Hitting but the results are night and day.

Mind you, I use Directional Hitting, where timing is the deciding factor in hit quality. So if I am executing good timing on both difficulties, than why are results different? That means contact or solid hits were lowered for HoF but not timing? Why? And if my timing is good, and if that's the determination of good hitting, why am I getting bad results?

It's same argument made against All-Star hitting prior, now it just moved up a level to HoF.

Meanwhile on pitching I feel like I have same command of the strike zone on Legend than I do in other levels, but I will admit the CPU does get more solid hits. Not enough to scare me but enough to note difference. But again, solid hits for CPU was raised, but control and consistency wasn't lowered for human on Legend pitching?

It doesn't make much sense.

Last edited by El_MaYiMbE; 03-31-2018 at 11:55 AM.
Old 03-31-2018, 12:37 PM   #8
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10

Side note: I am working on some sliders to see if I can help both with the hitting and pitching problem.

I think we tend to misdiagnose the problem and adjust the wrong settings and sliders as a result.

Hitting should be harder on the higher levels, not because the hitting itself is harder but because the pitchers pitch better. If I am waiting for my pitch and swinging at only good pitches and timing them perfectly, my results should be EXACTLY the same regardless of the level. However, getting my pitch should be what's harder on the high levels when hitting and my players skills shouldn't be diminished to make the setting harder.

Same with pitching....my timing, control, etc...should all be EXACTLY the same with Kershaw regardless of the difficulty, what should be harder is me getting away with bad pitches against the CPU. So I should be nibbling more at the corners and throwing balls on purpose because I know I cannot just pound the zone.

What I will try to do accomplish with these sliders is make CPU better hitters on Legend pitching (contact, power, solid hits) and make CPU pitchers better pitchers on All-Star (control, consistency, strike frequency). However, I will not try to make the USER worse or better, but rather make the competition (CPU) better on both sides of the ball.

I think the game plays good out of the box, but plays too easy if we're using All-Star as the bench mark. But the desired effects of changing difficulty levels are lacking and tackling the inconsistancies from the opposite angle I think will yield better results.

Just thought I'd share my thoughts and let you guys know I will take a crack at working on a potential solution via sliders.

Last edited by El_MaYiMbE; 03-31-2018 at 12:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »