Home

Too many balls getting by outfielders

This is a discussion on Too many balls getting by outfielders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2018, 05:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Too many balls getting by outfielders

Guys, what is a good slider to alleviate so many balls getting by the outfielders when trying to dive. I am using Mike Lowes sliders. Also, I get a lot of my runs on wild pitches with men on third. Your help to reduce these unrealistic outcomes would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2018, 05:39 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Too many balls getting by outfielders

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman23
Guys, what is a good slider to alleviate so many balls getting by the outfielders when trying to dive. I am using Mike Lowes sliders. Also, I get a lot of my runs on wild pitches with men on third. Your help to reduce these unrealistic outcomes would be appreciated. Thanks.
I've read here before that the Outfield Fielding Errors has an impact on the success rate of dives.

I don't know if that's just for auto/CPU fielding or if it impacts user input.

Wild pitches - in the past, I've read infield fielding error slider has something to do with it. And, supposedly, pitch consistency slider (the one that lowers HBP, WP, and "Far off target" pitches, supposedly).

I don't know how true it was or is now in MLB18. Just throwing out what I remember reading in the past in case you want to give it a try.
Old 04-21-2018, 05:46 PM   #3
Rookie

Thank you for your input on the wild pitches but the ball getting by outfielders is happening way too much. Can anyone else shed some light on that? I play on auto fielding so it has got to be something the CPU is doing to trigger dives instead of safely staying back on balls. Appreciate the feedback.

Old 04-21-2018, 07:26 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 3

when looking at that slide set, the fielder reaction and fielder speed is probably playing a part. CPU power is at default, but the fielder speed and reaction is down at two. I would suggest possibly raising it up a notch (or two), and see if that helps.
Old 04-21-2018, 08:20 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 14

Bump up Fielder Reaction and Fielder Speed. Obvious culprits and those should be left at Default anyway.

For wild pitches, turn up the Consistency slider. It's an unfortunate side effect when lowering it, even though you need to for easier walks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2018, 10:16 PM   #6
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
Bump up Fielder Reaction and Fielder Speed. Obvious culprits and those should be left at Default anyway.

For wild pitches, turn up the Consistency slider. It's an unfortunate side effect when lowering it, even though you need to for easier walks.

Disagree about fielder adjustments. At default fielders are just robots. Far too good. Taking them down to 2 is actually quite realistic.

Fielders diving and making catches all the time isn't realistic and at default that's what you see.
Old 04-21-2018, 10:52 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
Disagree about fielder adjustments. At default fielders are just robots. Far too good. Taking them down to 2 is actually quite realistic.

Fielders diving and making catches all the time isn't realistic and at default that's what you see.
That's not the case for me. Regardless, for the OP this created side effects that he was looking to fix, so I recommended the obvious culprit.

Old 04-21-2018, 11:46 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
That's not the case for me. Regardless, for the OP this created side effects that he was looking to fix, so I recommended the obvious culprit.

Thank you all for your input. I will play around with them. Thanks again. Much appreciated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »