Home

Default Legend

This is a discussion on Default Legend within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2018, 02:30 AM   #1
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

OVR: 0
Default Legend

I’ve been throwing around the idea of using default Legend sliders (other than fielder run speed and all that stuff) for hitting and pitching. Anybody else try this yet? If so, how do you like it? I prefer directional hitting so I’m pretty set on that and meter pitching.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2018, 03:54 AM   #2
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

Re: Default Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
I’ve been throwing around the idea of using default Legend sliders (other than fielder run speed and all that stuff) for hitting and pitching. Anybody else try this yet? If so, how do you like it? I prefer directional hitting so I’m pretty set on that and meter pitching.

That's what I've been trying too, on one of my franchises. Except I am using zone hitting. When I say Default Legend however, I mean only Human hitting sliders and CPU pitching sliders. (Actually I have CPU strike frequency at 4 and CPU consistency at 6 still - for better strike %). Everything else at 5.

I do have fielder speeds low still.

I keep detailed spreadsheets and of all the sets i have tried, this (so far...... ) has produced the most realistic stats across the board. And the base hits look more realistic. The only thing is home runs are still a bit low. I'm hoping that changes. (I just hit 3 in one game so there is hope) But even with that, the games have a ton of variety and I see plenty of bloop hits, which I did not expect given solid hits and timing at 5. It has also produced a realistic amount of line drives (20%, or about 5 per game). So far I'm liking it.

Last edited by NolanRyansSnowmonkey; 05-24-2018 at 03:59 AM.
Old 05-24-2018, 04:44 AM   #3
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanRyansSnowmonkey
That's what I've been trying too, on one of my franchises. Except I am using zone hitting. When I say Default Legend however, I mean only Human hitting sliders and CPU pitching sliders. (Actually I have CPU strike frequency at 4 and CPU consistency at 6 still - for better strike %). Everything else at 5.

I keep detailed spreadsheets and of all the sets i have tried, this (so far...... ) has produced the most realistic stats across the board. And the base hits look more realistic. The only thing is home runs are still a bit low. I'm hoping that changes. (I just hit 3 in one game so there is hope) But even with that, the games have a ton of variety and I see plenty of bloop hits, which I did not expect given solid hits and timing at 5. It has also produced a realistic amount of line drives (20%, or about 5 per game). So far I'm liking it.

That’s actually exactly what I was going to do, your exact set up. That’s hopeful hearing. I’m going to do it when I get home from work!

Old 05-24-2018, 04:48 AM   #4
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:

Also I wonder how raising power to 6 would work out on Legend?

Old 05-24-2018, 09:34 AM   #5
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

I'm currently playing pulse pitching on mostly default except I turned down CPU contact to three and foul frequency to four. To put that in context, I was playing at Hall of Fame before with CPU solid hits at six, foul frequency at four and timing at 4, but legend with CPU contact at 3 is still harder. My ERA and WHIP have both made noteworthy increases across the board since the switch.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2018, 10:08 AM   #6
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
I'm currently playing pulse pitching on mostly default except I turned down CPU contact to three and foul frequency to four. To put that in context, I was playing at Hall of Fame before with CPU solid hits at six, foul frequency at four and timing at 4, but legend with CPU contact at 3 is still harder. My ERA and WHIP have both made noteworthy increases across the board since the switch.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Operation Sports mobile app

Nice! Meter? Also are you doing legend hitting?

Old 05-24-2018, 10:29 AM   #7
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
Also I wonder how raising power to 6 would work out on Legend?

I have raised it to 6 on several different trial sets but never looked great. Actually for some reason when i put both contact and power both on 6, with timing snd solid hits at 3,it was actually pretty decent. Only thing was i had to raise fielder speeds to almost default to compensate. Which meant most fielders had very similar looking speed because they could all chase down gappers and foul balls much easier.

With power at 6 the base hits over the infield seem to be hit right at the outfielders feet for either a short-hop or caught for an out.

Thats is what ive noticed at least. I didnt test a huge sample size.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:32 AM   #8
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:
I have raised it to 6 on several different trial sets but never looked great. Actually for some reason when i put both contact and power both on 6, with timing snd solid hits at 3,it was actually pretty decent. Only thing was i had to raise fielder speeds to almost default to compensate. Which meant most fielders had very similar looking speed because they could all chase down gappers and foul balls much easier.

With power at 6 the base hits over the infield seem to be hit right at the outfielders feet for either a short-hop or caught for an out.

Thats is what ive noticed at least. I didnt test a huge sample size.

I’m just starting to think for my play style atleast an advanced HOF hitting difficulty and Legend pitching would be best for myself. I just cannot get the sliders right for Legend hitting for the life of me. It’s given me slideritis lol. So frustrating not being able to hit HRs

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »