Home

FenwayMac 2018 Legend Sliders

This is a discussion on FenwayMac 2018 Legend Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2018, 02:06 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: FenwayMac 2018 Legend Sliders

Thanks to everybody who has downloaded and given my legend sliders a go. They seem to be pretty well received, which is nice to see that my time spent was not in vain! Keep on testing, rating, and providing me feedback and I will keep working to add your suggestions to future versions.

Patch 1.11 is certainly interesting. I am slumping a bit hitting at the moment, but have noticed a bit more pop to my average hitters like Harrison and Cervelli. I normally could not could on much more than a single from them at any given time.

For the CPU I have mixed thoughts. I think the main concern is that with the extra velocity on squared hits, and my fielders reacting and running at 2, you REALLY have to be on your fielding or there will be many more triples in your future. My advice is to get on that ball and hit the cutoff man as quickly as possible to prevent this. I don't really want to up to 3 at this point, but it's something to be aware of.

The part I like though is that the computer is even more-so a threat at the plate now because of the pop, so you have even more reason to work the edges now, and the result of this should be more walks and chasing K's.

I'll get some more games in today, but I think the biggest takeaway of my games so far post-patch is that I really hate the Cubs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2018, 10:25 PM   #26
Rookie

GWPump23's Arena

REALLY enjoying the dynamic spreadsheet...

-GW-
Old 06-10-2018, 11:22 PM   #27
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWPump23
REALLY enjoying the dynamic spreadsheet...

-GW-
Me too! i find myself checking it a lot to see if new games have been played. It is much appreciated
Old 06-11-2018, 09:31 AM   #28
Pro

I got in a game with Miami last night and placed the stats.

I am a little bewildered by the PCI lately and wonder if I should turn it off completely. When I look at my results they are rarely where I think they should be. Is timing more sensitive now to change? I know that early or late will raise or lower the PCI, but there are times when I am much farther to the right than I thought. I have also be hitting hard groundouts a lot and pop ups a lot. What has everybody else experienced?
Old 06-11-2018, 11:55 AM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwayMac

I am a little bewildered by the PCI lately and wonder if I should turn it off completely. When I look at my results they are rarely where I think they should be. Is timing more sensitive now to change? I know that early or late will raise or lower the PCI, but there are times when I am much farther to the right than I thought. I have also be hitting hard groundouts a lot and pop ups a lot. What has everybody else experienced?
Quote myself here. I believe that (for myself only) I need to raise up the timing a notch. I would be nearly right in the ball, maybe a little left or right on occasion, if not for how the timing affects the vertical of the PCI. I cannot seem to mentally adjust the split second difference so forcing the hand with a slider bump.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:30 PM   #30
MVP

Quote:

I dont think turning off the PCI will change anything as far as that goes.

I dont use the PCI (i used it so much in the past that i can still 'see' it) but i do use the feedback, which i think is important to look at. In real life, players have a good idea of exactly where the ball hit the bat, and will even use the mark on the bat to know exactly what happened. The feedback is our version of that.

I dont know exactly what could be going on with the PCI on yours. I did notice some funky things right after release, but one of the early patches must have fixed it. It did feel more sensitive as far as the up/down movement for early/late swings, but it doesnt seem as exaggerated to me now. I also noticed, and i believe even posted about it, left/right movement right after release, which seems to have gone away with some patch.

(I cannot speak for the latest patches, so whether it re-introduced some odd PCI movement that seemed to be fixed before, i dont know. I suppose since they did change the PCI a couple of times, it is possible they could have adjusted how it moves as well?)

I think timing up one wouldnt be too bad. It might give you the extra pop to increase your doubles output. My only concern would be increasing your Home Run rate too much, but given you are only at one per game, it could help that too.

The thing about your stats, is you are only missing one hit per game to getting close to where the real life pirates are. The other odd thing about your stats is all of those 13 extra hits need to be doubles. If you had one more double per game your hit type percentages would be approximately 1B 62%, 2B 21%, 3B 4%, HR 12%.

Of course we are talking about a very small sample size of 13 games, so things are likely to change anyway. But since we are mainly talking about the PCI i think timing up one may help.

Another option would be to lower both pitch speeds to 4. I think that could help as well.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:13 PM   #31
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanRyansSnowmonkey
I dont think turning off the PCI will change anything as far as that goes.

I dont use the PCI (i used it so much in the past that i can still 'see' it) but i do use the feedback, which i think is important to look at. In real life, players have a good idea of exactly where the ball hit the bat, and will even use the mark on the bat to know exactly what happened. The feedback is our version of that.

I dont know exactly what could be going on with the PCI on yours. I did notice some funky things right after release, but one of the early patches must have fixed it. It did feel more sensitive as far as the up/down movement for early/late swings, but it doesnt seem as exaggerated to me now. I also noticed, and i believe even posted about it, left/right movement right after release, which seems to have gone away with some patch.

(I cannot speak for the latest patches, so whether it re-introduced some odd PCI movement that seemed to be fixed before, i dont know. I suppose since they did change the PCI a couple of times, it is possible they could have adjusted how it moves as well?)

I think timing up one wouldnt be too bad. It might give you the extra pop to increase your doubles output. My only concern would be increasing your Home Run rate too much, but given you are only at one per game, it could help that too.

The thing about your stats, is you are only missing one hit per game to getting close to where the real life pirates are. The other odd thing about your stats is all of those 13 extra hits need to be doubles. If you had one more double per game your hit type percentages would be approximately 1B 62%, 2B 21%, 3B 4%, HR 12%.

Of course we are talking about a very small sample size of 13 games, so things are likely to change anyway. But since we are mainly talking about the PCI i think timing up one may help.

Another option would be to lower both pitch speeds to 4. I think that could help as well.
Good stuff! Yeah, I feel like I am due for a doubles barrage at some point soon, but this could be lack of power due to PCI timing issues. I ran through with these settings when I tested them so I am assuming a balance is coming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2018, 02:31 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Good stuff! Yeah, I feel like I am due for a doubles barrage at some point soon, but this could be lack of power due to PCI timing issues. I ran through with these settings when I tested them so I am assuming a balance is coming.
Did you bump timing up for that last game? If so, how did it feel?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »