Home

FenwayMac 2018 Legend Sliders

This is a discussion on FenwayMac 2018 Legend Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2018, 02:29 AM   #193
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: FenwayMac 2018 Legend Sliders

The quest for .500 is slightly delayed as St Louis absolutely destroyed me 15-9, ruining an otherwise great hitting display by my team. Every pitcher got touched up right from the get-go. That’s just the way it is.

On a positive, I really enjoyed my scoring variety in this one. Two singles, a double, a triple, and two home runs.

This important set of games continues with a home series against the Cubs and then off to St Louis to rematch on their turf.
Old 07-16-2018, 01:13 PM   #194
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

OVR: 0

I haven’t said my input in awhile so here it is, if anybody cares. I had a really exciting 9 game stretch, I had a series vs the astros at home, a series vs the cubs and another series vs astros. I went 4-5. Sliders are still amazing. I’m officially 50 games in. Edwin Encarnacion is having a career year so far. He’s slashing .310/.415/.755 with 24 homeruns in 55 rbis in 50 games. Which is absolutely insane. Everything down the plate is blasted for like 450 feet it seems. My record stands at 33-17 right now. I’ve admittedly became frustrated with Legend pitching so I went down to HOF with my sliders at contact 4 power 6 timing 4 and solid hits 4. I see you guys have found a sweet spot in Legend pitching too so that’s awesome.

So far so good tho Fenway. Loving my franchise

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-16-2018, 05:01 PM   #195
Pro

I believe I still have another eight games or so to go before I do a true evaluation of dropping CPU contact to two, but if you average the BA of the CPU since I made the change, the average is still right about where it was.

However, I have to say that the way the game has played over this time frame has been much better. I don’t know whether the CPU is spreading their hits barrage out more evenly at this setting. I have to say that I cannot remember the last time I have had a game where I felt cheated. Good for my blood pressure.

Bottom line is...this is Legend, and the CPU will find a way to differentiate itself from the lower skill levels. It is just what it is supposed to do. But at least with a better spread of when the computer attacks, it creates more opportunities to work out of jams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2018, 08:05 PM   #196
Rookie

So I played a exhibition game with the Yankees against the Reds. Debating on starting a NL team. Deciding between Milwaukee, St Louis, or Colorado. But I really like the NL Central parks. But Colorado has SF and LA.

Well I tried Zone and Meter Pitching. Severino against Bailey. I hit 3 HR, 2 doubles, 4 singles. .265 BA and a .250 BABIP. It felt good. I had 7 K’s with 3 BB. Severino was dealing he gave up 3 runs in 7 innings striking out 11. The 3 runs were all solo home runs including back to back in the 7th inning. I didn’t walk anybody though. Struck out 15 all together between Robertson and Chapman.

Yankees 5 9 0
Reds 3 6 0
Old 07-16-2018, 08:15 PM   #197
Rookie

So of course I continue my Franchise with these new sliders and Tanaka is facing the Rays that ripped me apart last game. First 4 batters they are already up 4-0. 2 singles, double, home run.
Old 07-16-2018, 08:20 PM   #198
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees82
So I played a exhibition game with the Yankees against the Reds. Debating on starting a NL team. Deciding between Milwaukee, St Louis, or Colorado. But I really like the NL Central parks. But Colorado has SF and LA.

Well I tried Zone and Meter Pitching. Severino against Bailey. I hit 3 HR, 2 doubles, 4 singles. .265 BA and a .250 BABIP. It felt good. I had 7 K’s with 3 BB. Severino was dealing he gave up 3 runs in 7 innings striking out 11. The 3 runs were all solo home runs including back to back in the 7th inning. I didn’t walk anybody though. Struck out 15 all together between Robertson and Chapman.

Yankees 5 9 0
Reds 3 6 0
That’s a good looking line score right there (minus the lack of walks). He is top-flight though, so he has that working for him and also if they are swinging at everything, what can you do?
Old 07-16-2018, 08:21 PM   #199
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees82
So of course I continue my Franchise with these new sliders and Tanaka is facing the Rays that ripped me apart last game. First 4 batters they are already up 4-0. 2 singles, double, home run.
There is something funny about the Rays, including their pitching. I think the developers are from Tampa!
Old 07-16-2018, 08:34 PM   #200
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwayMac
There is something funny about the Rays, including their pitching. I think the developers are from Tampa!
Tanaka settles down after that. My bullpen got taxed last game so I was leaving Tanaka out there to take one on the chin. Through 4 innings still 4-0 but gave up 8 hits but no walks yet. Struck out 3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »