Home

FenwayMac 2018 Legend Sliders

This is a discussion on FenwayMac 2018 Legend Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2018, 04:06 PM   #225
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: FenwayMac 2018 Legend Sliders

Man, the CPU is such a baby when they are trailing...I hung on 11-8 after a barrage from the Cardinals that included two doubles , two triples (really three since one was avoided due to a throwing error), three home runs and two sac flies! Every division win counts though. I will take it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2018, 04:12 PM   #226
Pro

Curious case on walks...

I work really hard to draw walks and not be on the bottom of the league each year. I am really killing it this season, but yet am still in the bottom third of the league.

I have not averaged out the entire league but i did average a few for comparison:

My pirates walks per game avg: 3.09
Actual MLB leader (Cincy) walks per game avg: 3.91
My season leader (Angels) walks per game: 4.61!

It will be interesting to compare stats at season’s end, but as of now the CPU is drawing walks at an unheard of rate. I will carve out some time to get a league avg to compare the the real teams.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:01 PM   #227
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwayMac
Curious case on walks...

I work really hard to draw walks and not be on the bottom of the league each year. I am really killing it this season, but yet am still in the bottom third of the league.

I have not averaged out the entire league but i did average a few for comparison:

My pirates walks per game avg: 3.09
Actual MLB leader (Cincy) walks per game avg: 3.91
My season leader (Angels) walks per game: 4.61!

It will be interesting to compare stats at season’s end, but as of now the CPU is drawing walks at an unheard of rate. I will carve out some time to get a league avg to compare the the real teams.
I have league average walk data too, compared to MLB. I also have team leader, and last place to compare. I will wait until you post yours. I will say that your league leader is very comparable to my league leader at this point.

Your team's walk rate is fine (especially compared to the real Pirates lol)

Mine is also approximately 3 per game.
Old 07-21-2018, 12:24 AM   #228
MVP

Tough game. Geez. The first two plays of the game were a Strikeout in the dirt, but Chirinos threw it into RF. Next batter hits a perfect double play ball to the First Baseman, and he threw it into left field lol. So as a result, they scored 2 runs early, i answered right back with 2, then i took the lead in the 3rd. Then, after 4 scoreless frames, they took the lead by one run in the 8th. But Choo tied it right back up with a 2 out HR in the bottom of the 8th.

In the 9th we led off the inning with back to back walks, so i had the winning run in scoring position. A fly ball out and a hard line-out (nearly a double play) made it two outs with the winning run at 2nd. With 2 outs, Odor slapped a single into RF and im sending the winning run home, even though i knew it would be close. A perfect throw gets him at the plate. Going to extras...

My bullpen retired 6 in a row in the 9th and 10th. Speedster Deshields gets on base with one out. After 2 outs he finally swipes second. Then Beltre gets behind in the count 0-2 and works it back to 2-2, then gets a pitch he can handle and hits a beautiful line drive to centerfield for the walkoff RBI.

We have won 5 of our last 8 and are 6-4 in out last 10. This rest day couldn't have come soon enough.

OAK- 4R 12H 0E 11LOB
TEX- 5R 9H 3E 5LOB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180720_231059-1134x1278.jpg (143.3 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg 20180720_231017-1019x1192.jpg (186.6 KB, 46 views)
Old 07-21-2018, 10:16 AM   #229
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

FenwayMac 2018 Legend Sliders

I’m at the gym now so I’ll tell you stats when I get home. But I’m drawing walks at a crazy rate. I’ve had multiple innings where I’ve drawn 3-4 walks. I noticed once the cpu draws back to back his confidence is wrecked and he just has a total meltdown. I know I’m 10th in average. Edwin and Lindor both have OBPs over .400 with averages under .300. I’ll give you more detailed stats when I play today. A few games ago I played the twins and in the first inning berrios walked me 5 times in a row to start the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-21-2018, 12:07 PM   #230
Pro

Reached 60 games last night. A well-played win over the Dodgers to begin a short 3-game homestand before back on the road against the hated Cubs.

It’s time for me to break down my numbers vs real MLB, but the first thing I want to address is the drop of CPU contact down to 2 from 3.

For the first 43 games at contact 3, the CPU was hitting .264, which put them right up there with real-deal Boston (who is NOW up to .270)

Over the last 17 games I have dropped CPU contact to 2, and the result is a CPU BA of .259. This puts the CPU right around top-5 with real MLB.

You might expect this drop to be more significant, but I have played some pretty decent teams over this stretch and also you have to accept that Legend difficulty plays a role in how the CPU performs. I expect this will continue to drop a bit as I get out of this tough stretch of opponents. I will feel pretty good if this average settles between the .250-.260 range.

What does feel night and day is how the games play. One of the reasons for this change was the ridiculous strings of rallies by the CPU. These will still happen, but (for the most part*) I feel like I stand a better chance of working out of jams with smart play instead. It’s hard to sum up other than everything just feels even BETTER than before the switch.

I am sticking at 2. I don’t feel that a new version is in order (I am not really a version guy), but I will post my latest changes on the first post at some point today.

If you have not had a chance, please take a moment to go to the vault and rate if you are enjoying the sliders (or also if not). We are working our way up the board thanks to all of your feedback!
Old 07-21-2018, 04:45 PM   #231
MVP

We put 5 on the board in the first inning vs the Jays, added 2 more in the 2nd, and 3 more in the third, cruising our way to any easy victory. Felt good for my offense to come alive for a change. We had not scored more than 2 runs in any inning in 7 games. (And only two 2-run innings). We needed that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2018, 07:15 PM   #232
Rookie

Hi guys, I'm just curious if anyone knows how these sliders would transfer over to dynamic difficulty. I'm a new player to the show and don't think I want to start out on legend. Thanks everyone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »