Home

so this is interesting......pitch speed settings

This is a discussion on so this is interesting......pitch speed settings within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2018, 04:18 PM   #1
MVP

dowie's Arena

OVR: 7
so this is interesting......pitch speed settings

I really enjoy Armor's sliders (other sets are great too), especially because I like directional/classic approach.

With the wife & kids gone all day today I messed around and played 5 franchise "test" games with both pitch speed settings at 0, that's right 0!

I didn't have issues with those set at default (5), but something just felt off from a timing perspective, and to a lesser extent movement on pitches/reading the break.

I really enjoyed the games. What's funny is i actually saw a jump/increase in strikeouts for both me and the cpu. I track my stats pretty extensively and through 22 games in my REAL franchise (using default pitch speeds), I was avg 6.1 k's per game and the cpu was averaging 5.5 k's per game. When I moved to 0/0 (pitch speeds my k avg was 9.4 and the cpu was 9.1.

I think I will try this for another 5 to 10 just to see if this is sustainable.
In today's MLB, strikeout is king, hence why I like the stats these new settings produce.

Give it a shot - see what you think.

Dowie
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2018, 03:07 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: so this is interesting......pitch speed settings

I didnt think pitch speeds would affect cpu hitting against human pitching, can someone clarify or confirm?

A Work in Progress
Old 07-22-2018, 04:55 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
I didnt think pitch speeds would affect cpu hitting against human pitching, can someone clarify or confirm?
It doesn't, according to the slider help text:

"This adjusts the visual speed of fastball/offspeed pitches. Shift to the right to increase pitch speed. Does not change physics or game AI. Raising this will give the user slightly less time to judge the pitch and make his swing decision."

People will see what they see, though.
Old 07-22-2018, 05:26 PM   #4
MVP

dowie's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
It doesn't, according to the slider help text:

"This adjusts the visual speed of fastball/offspeed pitches. Shift to the right to increase pitch speed. Does not change physics or game AI. Raising this will give the user slightly less time to judge the pitch and make his swing decision."

People will see what they see, though.

I can see why you would say that. By no means am I saying everyone needs to switch to these pitch speeds - I was simply reporting on the K stats during this very small sample size testing period.

The ball seems to have quite a bit more movement and the FB still gets on you fast (doesn't feel like slow pitch softball). Don't know, it just feels better at the plate and the mound so far.

Just throwing the idea out there in case anyone else is in the testing mood.
To each their own, right?

Dowie
Old 07-22-2018, 05:56 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowie
I can see why you would say that. By no means am I saying everyone needs to switch to these pitch speeds - I was simply reporting on the K stats during this very small sample size testing period.

The ball seems to have quite a bit more movement and the FB still gets on you fast (doesn't feel like slow pitch softball). Don't know, it just feels better at the plate and the mound so far.

Just throwing the idea out there in case anyone else is in the testing mood.
To each their own, right?

Dowie
Absolutely - I wasn't trying to discourage you from using what's been working for you - by all means continue if you feel like you're getting good results. An enjoyable game, no matter how we get there, is what we're all looking for.

I was only answering Caulfield's question.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2018, 07:30 PM   #6
Just started!

OVR: 0

So I have a question. I’m having an issue on my pitcher is being subbed out after one inning. I don’t know how to take that off. I want to keep my pitcher in there but it seems like the manager or auto sub is on. Can anyone help me on where I can go to where I can manually sub in my pitchers. I’m new to this game and would really like some help please. Thank you in advance.
Old 07-22-2018, 07:56 PM   #7
MVP

NolanRyansSnowmonkey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asino
So I have a question. I’m having an issue on my pitcher is being subbed out after one inning. I don’t know how to take that off. I want to keep my pitcher in there but it seems like the manager or auto sub is on. Can anyone help me on where I can go to where I can manually sub in my pitchers. I’m new to this game and would really like some help please. Thank you in advance.
What mode are you playing? Franchise? Road to the Show? Are you actually playing, or managing, etc?
Old 07-22-2018, 08:48 PM   #8
Just started!

Not sure just playing online against other people

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »