Home

TheWarmWind's Impact Sliders 2019

This is a discussion on TheWarmWind's Impact Sliders 2019 within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2019, 08:01 PM   #113
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: TheWarmWind's Impact Sliders 2019

just wanted to come out of lurker shadows to really give these sliders love. These are the best legend sliders I've ever played with, and I am someone who has routinely "broken" this game on legend difficulty since older gen console days. I'm playing with pulse/zone.

Legend out of the box this year very good but once you reach a certain skill level, both in stick skills and in philosophy, you feel the game becoming unbalanced. I don't want to waste time going into the stat lines I have, I will say I just made it into the majors as a started on RTTS and I'm at a 82 with an adjusted at 93, but it's been a very rewarding experience. Pitching in this game is of course changing speeds and eye levels, but most importantly it's about knowing when to throw a pitch for a strike or ball, and knowing how to make adjustments to locations when you're trying to get a pitch to a certain place/you didn't throw that same pitch where you wanted to last time.

What I love about my experience with playing with these sliders is that you feel like you are being accurately rewarded for outsmarting the computer lol if you are deceptive with your patterns and know how to be aggressive with high and away four seamers/belt high inside four seamers, you will break bats, you will see pop ups, and also you will see long fly balls that you get away with. Legend will always be good at punishing you when you become predictable in counts, when they successfully guess that you're scared to throw a pitch or always through a certain pitch in a certain scenario, but I feel like this gives you a lot of realism. Yes I can lead the league in ERA but my pitching style means that sometimes I'm maxing out at 6 innings, which is realistic for this day and age. If you don't set up pitches, if you can't throw pitches in the dirt successfully, your ability to control line ups will consistently fluctuate. It will always seem like the game is conspiring against you. After throwing over 150 innings with these sliders, seeing my results fluctuate coming directly from my philosophy, it was very satisfying to make philosophical adjustments to how I was going to approach batters, and see it actually pay off in high pressure situations like game 7 of the world series on the road.

I also play on Legend hitting, and have also had a great feel, especially when you commit to abandoning the power swing, and make swing to swing adjustments, which you normally have to do on legend, but I haven't put up the same amount of innings to make a definitive statement. But I've gotten my best experiences of all time playing this game(the show 19 a great game out the box) matched with these sliders, so much respect. Everything you said you aimed for I've experienced

Last edited by Sairheart; 12-23-2019 at 08:07 PM.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:26 PM   #114
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Warm, you doing sliders for 20?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-25-2020, 03:30 PM   #115
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Warm, you doing sliders for 20?

Assuming I get it, yes. Let's hope those franchise deets have me slamming that pre-order button.

Seeing yet another possible change in the hitting system has me worried though. Took nearly the entire MLB season to figure out 19's systems. I think my current playtesting philosophy has improved though, so hopefully even if their are changes it won't take too long for me to figure them out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2020, 08:25 AM   #116
Rookie

As a purely Sim, team builder type player, I'm really liking what i'm seeing with these sliders. I like to see some stats, like numbers of pitchers with 6 IP+ average, as close to real life as possible. A couple test seasons with a few various teams, I'm finally seeing consistency in numbers using this set.

That said, to unlock the matrix, for my normal franchise, I lowered SP Sta to 2. At 1 I was barely seeing the numbers I was looking for. 2 might give a few more than I was hoping to see, but i'd rather a few too many than too few. My target range was 16 - 20 per year. At 2 I'm getting low 20's. Another thing I've noticed with these Sta settings, alot less SP need stamina fixes before the offseason. A few less RP/CP too.

My RTTS starters died too early using my above tweak, so I bumped Sta there to 4. With that my pitch count has just about matched my stamina while getting through 6 or 7 innings per game thus far. Still early in all careers here.

I don't know whether to be frustrated I didn't think to figure all this out earlier, or excited that I have a better handle for '20.
Old 02-13-2020, 11:19 PM   #117
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

In spite of how disappointed I've been with the streams so far, I've decided that there is enough there for me to get the game. Subtle starts is huge for me, as you could have guessed by reading through this thread (effective range vs full range is one of my big points of contention).

Just regular edition for me though, so no early access for me.

Also the plan is to build from scratch again. Can't let previous biases from 19 effect the 20 sliders.

Last edited by TheWarmWind; 02-14-2020 at 02:26 PM.
Old 02-23-2020, 11:36 AM   #118
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
In spite of how disappointed I've been with the streams so far, I've decided that there is enough there for me to get the game. Subtle starts is huge for me, as you could have guessed by reading through this thread (effective range vs full range is one of my big points of contention).

Just regular edition for me though, so no early access for me.

Also the plan is to build from scratch again. Can't let previous biases from 19 effect the 20 sliders.
I’ll be sure to watch for these sliders.....
Old 03-15-2020, 10:42 AM   #119
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

You gonna be doing a MLB 20 thread?

Old 03-15-2020, 01:17 PM   #120
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
You gonna be doing a MLB 20 thread?

I won't be putting up a new thread until I have something to post. Since I'm sitting here in the cheap seats the earliest I can possibly post anything is Tuesday.

I'll be digging right in ASAP though. 1 exhibition game and then straight into practice mode. I'll be posting "pre-release" sliders here on the forums ASAP, but I'd expect my "1.0" sliders to land some time next month.

Hopefully things haven't changed too much with hitting this year. If so, my testing methodology is ready to go. One thing you can do to help though: triple check to make sure that you can carry over rosters. I've seen a few posts about it already but I want to be extra sure before putting in the work. If it is true, it means I can make my practice mode control roster before Tuesday, and that will free up my critical path to 1.0 sliders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »