Home

TheWarmWind's Impact Sliders 2019

This is a discussion on TheWarmWind's Impact Sliders 2019 within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2019, 02:09 PM   #65
Rookie

Christian9's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: TheWarmWind's Impact Sliders 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
Had some time off to play today. I've been watching a lot of baseball highlights recently and coming back to play the game I've realized how slow the video game is compared to real life.

Now I realize that highlights only show the best plays, and aren't a good balance for the average play I see on the field, but even taking that into account, the game is too slow.

I've decided to break the cardinal sin and I've raised fielder reactions and fielder run speed, hoping to maintain balance while picking up the speed of the game in other areas. The errors slider helps keep the bad fielders from making great jumps and runs on every play. I'm hoping raising fielder reactions will also raise the speed of tags, because those slow, lazy tags are my biggest issue right now when it comes to properly raising the speed of the game.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app

Do you mind posting your changes? Definitely curious as I like this idea.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2019, 03:44 PM   #66
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian9
Do you mind posting your changes? Definitely curious as I like this idea.

Thanks!

I can post up the fielding changes for now, but raising the speed of the game has a few other knock on effects. I realized that bat exit velocity floors and ceilings were to consistent, and trying to unravel that problem comes with its own host of issues.

As for the fielding changes:

Both infield and outfield fielding errors at 10 (raising reaction cleaned up fielding a lot, infielders needed to make more mistakes)

Fielder run speed: 6
Fielder Reaction: 6
Infielder arm strength: 7
Outfielder arm strength: 7
Baserunner Speed: 10
Wind: 10

Notes: Throwing errors may need to be changed as well, but that's something that can only be judged with a large sample size on these settings.
Old 06-19-2019, 02:28 PM   #67
Rookie

Christian9's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
I can post up the fielding changes for now, but raising the speed of the game has a few other knock on effects. I realized that bat exit velocity floors and ceilings were to consistent, and trying to unravel that problem comes with its own host of issues.

As for the fielding changes:

Both infield and outfield fielding errors at 10 (raising reaction cleaned up fielding a lot, infielders needed to make more mistakes)

Fielder run speed: 6

Fielder Reaction: 6

Infielder arm strength: 7

Outfielder arm strength: 7

Baserunner Speed: 10

Wind: 10

Notes: Throwing errors may need to be changed as well, but that's something that can only be judged with a large sample size on these settings.

Any reason why wind moved to 10?

Old 06-19-2019, 09:53 PM   #68
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian9
Any reason why wind moved to 10?

It was a combination of wanting to see more variety in ball velocity and my constant comparing of baseball highlights and in game feel.

It was obvious when comparing real life to in game, wind wasn't anywhere near enough of a factor.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:02 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am going to give these a shot. I have taken a hiatus with the game because it just isn't playing as well as in previous years and some of the things you have tested and tried out I have been thinking about but don't have the patience to see if it will work.

Especially increased fielding reactions and speed. I have errors cranked up on sliders so I see errors which is a good thing but i never see any gold glove level type plays. We have gone from Pablo Sandoval looking like Brooks Robinson in MLB 16 to no gold glovers at all so I am glad to see this is tested and working.

Also, I have been looking for the right contact/timing combo which gives me a realistic amount of strikeouts as a hitter without compromising my ability to make contact when i have good timing. I like the idea of increased wind to help compensate for this as well.

Thank you for testing this and now it is time to return from my hiatus!
Old 06-20-2019, 05:44 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
It was a combination of wanting to see more variety in ball velocity and my constant comparing of baseball highlights and in game feel.

It was obvious when comparing real life to in game, wind wasn't anywhere near enough of a factor.
I don't say a whole lot about specific slider effects because I mostly play on default and because it's very difficult to target the full effect of most of them, but I just wanted to say I really like the idea of maxing the wind speed. The slider's effect is very predictable - it scales the wind effect up or down based on a value chosen at the beginning of the game. That value will vary pretty wildly - even on max wind speed you can still see a 4-5 mph breeze, or even no wind at all (even in open stadiums). You can also get some extremely blustery days on max where the wind speed exceeds 20 mph.

And, although I can't definitively say this one way or the other without a lot of testing...it feels like the wind effect is geographically scaled. For west coast games while I was playing around with this slider maxed, I saw a lot more games in the 0-10 range than say, Wrigley where 20 mph is more frequent (but again, I've seen very calm days at Wrigley too sometimes).

As you might expect, 20 MPH can have a pretty serious impact on a game, especially if it's blowing straight in or straight out.
Old 06-28-2019, 09:03 AM   #71
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Big delay on V5 and any possible difficulty level variations. There was a blockage in the main pipeline in my building and my condo ended up getting flooded. I very much doubt I'll be able to play much over the next month as I deal with this disaster.

For the curious: I was away at the time, but luckily it was caught fairly quickly by the building super. The damage is bad, but could have been a LOT worse. My electronics were thankfully spared, and my condo is still livable. Just waiting for the insurance company to show up and assess the damage for now.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2019, 10:27 PM   #72
MVP

TripleCrown's Arena

@TheWarmwind I hope things are ok on your side !!?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »