Home

Armor & Sword & Marino’s MLB The Show 19 Classic/Directional Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword & Marino’s MLB The Show 19 Classic/Directional Simulation Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2019, 10:06 PM   #641
Pro

VincesVictims's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword & Marino’s MLB The Show 19 Classic/Directional Simulation Sliders

My Braves are struggling. Since I clinch the division I am 2-5 and on a 5 game losing streak. Definitely not a good way to go into the playoffs. I have 5 games tongo in my regular season to get out of this funk.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2019, 10:56 PM   #642
Rookie

Re: Armor & Sword & Marino’s MLB The Show 19 Classic/Directional Simulation Sliders

I need to work on my hitting with your settings (I've never used directional hitting before).

Started a franchise with the Mariners. First game against the Padres, I lose 2-0 only getting 1 hit. A double in the first inning with Dee Gordon.

Second game I'm currently playing against the Rangers. King Felix gets shelled, giving up 7 runs by the 2nd inning. I'm still struggling to hit. I have 2 hits in the bottom of the 3rd.

Great challenge and I am enjoying the game. Just need to work on the new style of hitting is all.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:10 PM   #643
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown37
How have others Hr numbers improved after moving solid hits to 5? I’m through 11 games with Astros and only have 2. Gonna bump it up one and see how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I kept my solid hits at 4 and have 30HRs through 12 games with Cleveland. It’s weird how results are so different with HRs and strikeouts both. Good sign tho honestly. Obviously I’m going to cool off sooner or later

Old 04-19-2019, 01:07 AM   #644
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
I kept my solid hits at 4 and have 30HRs through 12 games with Cleveland. It’s weird how results are so different with HRs and strikeouts both. Good sign tho honestly. Obviously I’m going to cool off sooner or later

I’m with you on that. I tried solid hits at 5 and was seeing too many solid hits like my pitcher smoking a 96 mph fastball that he was late on. I tried pitch speeds at 6/6 (I used 6/7 last year) and while I was getting a decent amount of hits I was late on almost every 93+ fastball. So I think solid hits at 4 and pitch speeds at 5/5 will be the way I start my franchises
Old 04-19-2019, 01:11 AM   #645
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgess
I’m with you on that. I tried solid hits at 5 and was seeing too many solid hits like my pitcher smoking a 96 mph fastball that he was late on. I tried pitch speeds at 6/6 (I used 6/7 last year) and while I was getting a decent amount of hits I was late on almost every 93+ fastball. So I think solid hits at 4 and pitch speeds at 5/5 will be the way I start my franchises

For the first time ever using the show I’m using 8/8 pitch speeds and I’m really enjoying it so far. Somehow I’d even be early on fastballs using 6/6

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2019, 01:17 AM   #646
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
For the first time ever using the show I’m using 8/8 pitch speeds and I’m really enjoying it so far. Somehow I’d even be early on fastballs using 6/6

Yikes!! My 55-year old eyes would just see a blur at 8/8! I’ve read on this post that pitch speeds are faster this year so I think 5/5 should be my happy zone when it comes to being able to hit but still be challenged
Old 04-19-2019, 08:46 AM   #647
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Holiday Weekend! I hope everyone has a relaxing holiday weekend.....we will begin a stream in 15-20 minutes. Some Yankees Franchise and March To October action.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-19-2019, 12:36 PM   #648
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1

Hi, I’ve been lurking in ‘The Nest’ for a while this is my first post. I have a slider set that’s working well but I have a question.

I use timing hitting at veteran level (no shade please, I’m in my sixties ��). All batting sliders are at default of 5 except human power which I keep going back and forth between 5 and 6. My last game I hit two ‘no doubter’ HRs with it set to 6.

My question is if I hit those well enough for no doubters on six would they still have been HRs at 5. Another way to look at it is does no doubter minus one on the power slider still equal a home run?

Thanks.

Last edited by mrsaito; 04-19-2019 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Spelling

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »