Home

Armor & Sword & Marino’s MLB The Show 19 Classic/Directional Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword & Marino’s MLB The Show 19 Classic/Directional Simulation Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2019, 09:54 PM   #793
Rookie

MoneyMan17's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword & Marino’s MLB The Show 19 Classic/Directional Simulation Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
How many of you guys use power swing when in hitters counts? And what are the best way’s you’ve found to hit home runs?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I never power swing.

Best way to hit home runs by far is good plate discipline. Keep it simple but smart: know the zone, swing only at good pitches to hit, lay off junk. Take your walks and don't be afraid to strikeout looking. You won't as much as you think if you fully buy in to the process and the strategy of plate discipline. Make the pitcher come to you. He will. If you just sit back, wait on your pitch, and swing at it with good timing, the home runs will come and there will be plenty.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:08 PM   #794
Rookie

MoneyMan17's Arena

Re: Armor & Sword & Marino’s MLB The Show 19 Classic/Directional Simulation Sliders

The Yankees as a team are on fire to start the year. You know you're hot when Paxton can give up a five-spot in the bottom 1st in Houston and you still win the game 8-5.

Paxton couldn't buy an out in the first inning. More singles up the middle than I could count, a few gappers, and next thing you know I'm down 5 after one inning. Pax would bounce back, buckle down and still give me 6 strong innings of 5 run ball on 99 pitches and still manage to get the win, his 3rd in 3 starts, after the offense picked him up.

Top 3: Judge 3-run bomb to left center. 5-3
Top 4: Austin Romine with a clutch 2-out, 2-run double to right center. 5-5
Top 5: Judge leads off the inning with a solo shot to deep left center. Sanchez would later crush a towering blast to left that stayed in the air forever. Voit would follow with a back to back solo shot up onto the train tracks in left center to greet the new pitcher Wade Miley. 8-5 Yankees.

The bullpen wasn't perfect but would keep Houston off the board for the rest of the game. Kahnle, Britton, and Chapman would throw an inning each to finish it off and clinch the series win.

10-1 to start the year.

Nearly everyone is hot with the exceptions of Stanton (.167, 1 HR, 6 RBI) and Torres (.147, 0 XBH, 2 RBI).

Bullpen looks good except Green (6.23, 4.1 IP) but that's a small sample size.

Rotation looks good too except Severino who has had one average start on Opening Day, followed by a subpar start where he was the victim of some bad luck, and was made even worse by the following pitcher who let the runners he left on score. 5.23 ERA, but 3.97 FIP. He missed his third scheduled start against Houston with a mildly strained hamstring which happened "during warmups" but will be back for his next one.

Overall, feeling really good about this team so far. Hoping to avoid the injury bug that has riddled the real Yankees!
Old 04-22-2019, 10:15 PM   #795
Pro

Quote:
Hmm, well, the only other thing I can think of is that the vibration is very subtle.

I've thought about that, but I'm like wow am I really just not feeling it. I've figured out a method that's working for me so I'm gonna stick with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2019, 11:10 PM   #796
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
How many of you guys use power swing when in hitters counts? And what are the best way’s you’ve found to hit home runs?

I rarely use power swing. When I hit a HR its usually because I'm sitting on a hanging breaking ball in a hitters count. For some reason I don't hit FB as well as offspeed.
Old 04-23-2019, 12:49 AM   #797
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersd26
I'm a young guy with good eyesight, so I at least know that's not the issue for me personally. Definitely noticing that pitches in this year's game are coming in much faster than they used to. Currently at 3 for fastballs and 4 for off-speed pitches and liking my results so far.
I’m joining you at 3/4. Hard to believe as I was at 6/7 last year. Just can’t catch up to fastballs even at 4. I guess we can always increase pitch speed if we find we need more of a challenge. But the pitch speed slider is definitely the only slider I’ll need to adjust
Old 04-23-2019, 12:59 AM   #798
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgess
I’m joining you at 3/4. Hard to believe as I was at 6/7 last year. Just can’t catch up to fastballs even at 4. I guess we can always increase pitch speed if we find we need more of a challenge. But the pitch speed slider is definitely the only slider I’ll need to adjust

What camera do you use because I was having a hard time with the speed as well and also being able to read the pitch then tried The Show 15 camera and the pitch seems to be appearing slower even at 5.

Old 04-23-2019, 01:10 AM   #799
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSCUkicker
What camera do you use because I was having a hard time with the speed as well and also being able to read the pitch then tried The Show 15 camera and the pitch seems to be appearing slower even at 5.

I use zoom and have done so the past several years. I’ve experimented with other angles but always end back at zoom. I see the ball real well but just can’t catch up to fastballs this year on HOF. Hopefully 3/4 is my sweet spot
Old 04-23-2019, 01:37 AM   #800
Rookie

Noiziv's Arena

I use these sliders but with all-star pitching, and I’ve been seeing too many hits on both sides. Double digit hits for both teams in nearly every game.

I tried using both human and CPU contact at 4 today and played multiple games with it. In a three game series, I lost 9-5, won 1-0, and won 5-3. The games have been intense, and in only a three game series I saw more variety than I have in the whole two weeks of my season. One game with a bunch of runs and hits, one game with one run total (3 by CPU and 6 by me), and one with a 5-3 nail-biter with both teams having 9 hits.

I would highly suggest people trying out moving the contact slider down a notch if you’re seeing too many hits. I already have had both human/cpu solid hits at 4, and I didn’t think moving either to 3 made sense, so moving contact down to 4 seemed like the best move to adding realism to averages.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »