Home

Armor & Sword & Marino’s MLB The Show 19 Classic/Directional Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword & Marino’s MLB The Show 19 Classic/Directional Simulation Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2019, 08:07 AM   #2073
Pro

VincesVictims's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword & Marino’s MLB The Show 19 Classic/Directional Simulation Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG1986
Curious about everyone's thoughts on this, as well. I was 31-24 and everything was super competitive. I have since won 14 in a row, sitting at 45-24. I have a 10.5 game lead in the division, and it feels like I can't lose. I'm the second best team in baseball. How long do I ride this out? Would you switch up the difficulty? I really do not want to mess with sliders again. I have been playing the game less and less, thinking I would get rusty and lose a few, but that has not been the case. In all my iterations of the show, I have never had the issue of it feeling too easy and the CPU not threatening. And yes, I check my settings all the time to make sure nothing went to All Star or anything.
Man just keep playing you're on one hell of a hot streak. The ups and downs on this game are incredible. You will com back to reality sooner or later.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-20-2019, 03:26 PM   #2074
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Armor & Sword & Marino’s MLB The Show 19 Classic/Directional Simulation Sliders

I’m on a similar hot streak. 7 of my 9 regular starters have the fire icon next to their names because they are absolutely raking right now. Although after going 9 for 11 in the last 2 games of the series against the Orioles DJ LeMahieu has gone 0-fer in the first 2 games against the Royals so his flame is about to fizzle out. Best part of all this is I’m not scoring the majority of my runs via the home run. Sure hitting homers is nice, but there’s just something extremely satisfying about a 2 out, 2 run single.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-20-2019, 09:33 PM   #2075
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

I’m the Yankees and we are 66-41 and still 6.5 games back from the Red Sox. We just had a big 4 game series with them in Boston and they took 3 out of 4 against us. We are 3-9 against them this year. But we did win 11 in a row and 14 out 16 before that. Was 9.5 games back got it down to 3.5 one day the week before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2019, 08:38 AM   #2076
Pro

JG1986's Arena

OVR: 5

Yeah, that's good to hear that you came back down. I played half a game last night and had to go to bed, but was up 5-1 in the fifth. I'll stick with it and hopefully I'll come back down to reality. It's just so strange, especially with ratings and the dice roll factor of these settings, that I can feel so dominant right now. I play with the Mets, so pitching wise I expect to be pretty good. But I have been absolutely raking the ball. Cano has the second highest batting average in the league, Lowrie is in top 5 in obp, Conforto second in the league in HR, and Cespedes third in the league in RBI. This run has been something else the last two weeks, and I'll keep plugging away and see what happens.
Old 08-21-2019, 12:49 PM   #2077
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16

Just got completely shut down in the final game against KC. I could only manage 4 singles and a sac fly in a 5-1 loss. At one point I had 8 straight batters not get the ball out of the infield with 3 strikeouts, 2 ground outs and 3 weak pop ups. I did have 3 starters out of the lineup though (Stanton and DiDi a day off and Hicks day-to-day with an injury). LeMahieu went 0-12 in the series and looked awful the whole time so it looks like a day off for him next game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-22-2019, 08:22 AM   #2078
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

To everyone overachieving.....so was I. And I've been using this set for years while never tweaking a thing.

This year, however, I had to. I use 5-5 for pitching instead of 6-6, and the cpu foul freq on 4 (everything matches hum-cpu). It's been perfect for me.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-23-2019, 01:54 PM   #2079
Banned

Drty_Windshield's Arena

I've been using Armor's slider set on HOF with both the pitch speeds maxed out and through about 20 games so far it is playing really good. I'm gradually getting better at recognizing pitches out of the zone, but I just can't see the ball well with certain pitchers. Also, I swear it's almost impossible to check swing in this game. I can't count how many times I thought I was check swinging but the game said nope. Anyway, the slider set plays good, and some of you guys might wanna try the faster pitch speeds for some added difficulty.
Old 08-24-2019, 09:36 AM   #2080
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

We are getting back into our groove with The Show and Yankees Year 3.

Got a little side tracked with some Madden 20 (which btw is a really good game this year and I have a killer slider set for it). But Baseball is king! And The Show is the ruler of all sports video games.

Today we have the D-Backs coming to town and we will try to keep our 8 game winning streak going!

Tanaka is on the bump. And we are 3.5 games up on the Red Sox now after that glorious sweep!

The Trade Deadline came and went and there were some deals but nothing crazy!

LETS GO YANKEES!!!!!!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »