Home

Stealyerface's TrueSim 2019 Slider Set is Live and in the Vault.

This is a discussion on Stealyerface's TrueSim 2019 Slider Set is Live and in the Vault. within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2019, 04:40 AM   #73
Rookie

The_Gryphon75's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Stealyerface's TrueSim 2019 Slider Set is Live and in the Vault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealyerface
Thanks for the kind words. I am glad you are enjoying the game.

So, I have toyed with these settings, and started with stamina on 6, moved it to 5, stayed at 5... but we have some variables to deal with:

I pitch with Classic pitching and use “full” power maybe only 5 pitches a start. If you are a meter pitcher, and go all the way to the red, you’ll be done in 70 pitches. Also, depending on the rating of pitcher and his stamina rating, you’ll see a big difference.

Try the roster by MbMavs and with those pitch edits, my setting at 5 with classic pitching has been just about spot on.

You may see some different results based on roster and your choice of pitch mechanic, so by all means, adjust to your liking and enjoy!!
~syf

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

This year I'm also using the Classic Pitching, after years of Meter.
In fact I use the "full" throwing power in more than 5 pitches.
Maybe I'll try again with the advice you gave me.
In any case it is really nice to play with these settings, because it gives you a very satisfying feeling of play
Twitch: LIVE Italy Clan
Twitter: Tweet Italy Clan
Old 06-15-2019, 04:34 PM   #74
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Hey bud!

Any changes to sliders?

Old 06-15-2019, 04:58 PM   #75
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Hey bud!

Any changes to sliders?

I had turned the Outfielder Arm Strength up to 6 for a while, but moved it back to 5 for more realistic results with the re-rated rosters that are out.

No changes to speak of, and man, are these re-rated Rosters a thing of beauty.

Kudos and virtual high-fives to the guys that have worked so hard on the pitch edits and wholesale edits for each player. I am really liking the results, and within each game, I see such dynamically different outcomes...

So, no changes, my 2+2 for Fielder Speed and Reaction has made defense my favorite part of the game, and really requires good coaching, pregame metrics, and a steady hand on the sticks.

Easily the best offering from SDS to date. And it isn’t even close.

~syf

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2019, 05:36 PM   #76
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

Hey stealy question u mention u don’t aim only in different situation but do u notice u only hit grounders when u don’t aim?
Old 06-16-2019, 06:32 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
Hey stealy question u mention u don’t aim only in different situation but do u notice u only hit grounders when u don’t aim?

Not at all.

I get a great mix of grounders, line drives, absolute seeds to the gap, 450ft bombs, pop ups, little nubbers...

I love the fact that if you try and pull a ball up for a homerun (aim the stick towards 2o clock with a lefty batter) the PCI shrinks as a result of your trying to hit in a certain outcome. So you have to understand that by influencing the direction and lift of your attempt, you sacrifice the plate coverage to do so.

On top of that, trying to influence to a pull hit, if the pitch happens to drift away from the middle -in, you’ll roll over it, and ground out opposite side.

Risk reward is fantastic and I have gone entire games with no input on the direction.

~syf

Old 06-16-2019, 07:17 PM   #78
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

Ok thanks bro I would not aim thanks for the input.

Quote:
Not at all.

I get a great mix of grounders, line drives, absolute seeds to the gap, 450ft bombs, pop ups, little nubbers...

I love the fact that if you try and pull a ball up for a homerun (aim the stick towards 2o clock with a lefty batter) the PCI shrinks as a result of your trying to hit in a certain outcome. So you have to understand that by influencing the direction and lift of your attempt, you sacrifice the plate coverage to do so.

On top of that, trying to influence to a pull hit, if the pitch happens to drift away from the middle -in, you’ll roll over it, and ground out opposite side.

Risk reward is fantastic and I have gone entire games with no input on the direction.

~syf

Old 06-17-2019, 01:17 PM   #79
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16
Stealyerface's TrueSim 2019 Slider Set is Live and in the Vault.

Quote:
Not at all.

~syf

Dude, you saved the game for me with this post. I was using swing influence on almost every pitch, much like I’d do in previous years with great success, but wasn’t hitting a lick. So far in the game I’m playing now I have 6 hits through the top of the 6th (2 solo homers, 2 doubles and 2 singles) but off the bat they’ve felt 100% legit with zero swing influence. One double was opposite field into the left field corner on a pitch that was low and outside that caught too much of the plate. I’m seeing better hit variety too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by BleacherCreature; 06-17-2019 at 01:56 PM.
Old 07-01-2019, 09:17 AM   #80
MVP

ultimatefighter's Arena

OVR: 7

I love these sliders man, played a few play now games and about 7 test franchise games. One thing I like is these feel generic, I've gotten a lot of different results and variety. When I'm up i know I gotta still be on point and play good, but when I'm down and behind it still feels like there's a chance, you can comeback even if you lose, you can still be competitive.

Besides outcomes, hit variety is very nice, solo Homers, Doubles, singles, splitting the gap or bloopers it's all there. Pitching this is my first year full clean screen so no ball marker and I'm still getting use to it but feels good.

I just started my Franchise with The Tribe, was gonna wait for Hybrid Rosters but just really wanted to get going, using Rovert's Rosters, I'll let you know how it goes. How is your Franchise going man?

Gave a 5 star vote cause that's how much I've been enjoying these sliders

Last edited by ultimatefighter; 07-01-2019 at 09:20 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »