Home

Finding the balance for AI Strikeouts and Hits/runs

This is a discussion on Finding the balance for AI Strikeouts and Hits/runs within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2019, 09:41 PM   #1
Rookie

Vercingetirex's Arena

OVR: 0
Finding the balance for AI Strikeouts and Hits/runs

I use Legend Meter pitching and HoF zone hitting, the hitting aspect not so important in this case. I am having trouble no matter what sliders I move or change for both the human pitching and AI hitting to strike a balance for consistent stats.

I am 10 games into a franchise with the Yankees and have the least amount of strikeouts against the AI. Starting pitchers being the main issue, only average maybe 3-5 per start. At the same time however I have the fewest runs score against, and 2nd fewest hits against per game. I seemingly cannot find the balance with sliders to make the AI batter strikeout at the league average of 8-9 per game, nor can they score other than the random homerun here and there. I can get a 0-2 count on a batter and then they will refuse to swing at anything remotely close. Then if I were to put one in the zone, it's a guaranteed foul off, or hit into play.

Suggestions? I have tried literally moving a combination of sliders with no success.

Last edited by Vercingetirex; 04-22-2019 at 09:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2019, 01:34 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Finding the balance for AI Strikeouts and Hits/runs

Same problem at legend pitching, i had some result setting contact at 2 and timing at 2 or 3 but now i am playing at HOF standard Sliders and classic pitching (which i love now!!), it seems a little more realistic and batters are more similar to real life behaviours.

I play legend hitting but had to raise cpu sliders to 6 because of too many balls, what do you think of it at hof? I tried it but set contact to 0, the pci is far too wide
Old 04-23-2019, 08:15 AM   #3
Rookie

Vercingetirex's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanvarini
Same problem at legend pitching, i had some result setting contact at 2 and timing at 2 or 3 but now i am playing at HOF standard Sliders and classic pitching (which i love now!!), it seems a little more realistic and batters are more similar to real life behaviours.

I play legend hitting but had to raise cpu sliders to 6 because of too many balls, what do you think of it at hof? I tried it but set contact to 0, the pci is far too wide

I played pitching at HoF all of last year, and it was too easy to shutdown the AI batters. If they can't produce runs on Legend, how are they doing it on HoF?
Old 04-23-2019, 09:52 AM   #4
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I have similar issues on Hall of Fame. I’ve always been top 10 in strikeouts, until this year.

All I get is advice on, “how to pitch,” which I don’t really need. It’s an issue. The CPU just makes too much contact. Period.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 04-24-2019, 02:20 PM   #5
Rookie

Vercingetirex's Arena

For those who want to give these a try.

Human Consistency - 6
CPU contact - 2
CPU Timing - 3