Home

Need some pointers..Too many HRs, no RBIs...?

This is a discussion on Need some pointers..Too many HRs, no RBIs...? within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2019, 05:41 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 1
Need some pointers..Too many HRs, no RBIs...?

Hello
Novice /old player here. Enjoying the game, but need some slider advice.

Playing on AS, I have n problem hitting Homers , (I hit 3 in Gm 1, 2 in Gm 2, 3 in Gm 3) so pretty happy with that, however, that is my ONLY offence!

ALL my runs scored have came via the homer.....I have not "drove"a run in (if you get what I mean)

I am reluctant to raise "Contact" etc, as I think that will only make it worse (ie: easier to hit MORE HR`s)….or is it common to have "Homer Only Offence"??

Currently on AS
Human Contact 5
Human Power 5
Human Timing 3
Human Frequency 3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2019, 06:59 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Need some pointers..Too many HRs, no RBIs...?

I mean, it is fairly common nowadays to have the 3 true outcomes (HR, Walk, or Strikeout) however I wonder if it's your timing slider? because the timing range is so narrow, you probably are smacking the ball with good toming or missing with late or early timing, nothing in between. I wonder if changing timing will have some of those "just late" swings you make be singles the other way as opposed to swinging strikes?
Old 05-30-2019, 08:16 AM   #3
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lere2001
I mean, it is fairly common nowadays to have the 3 true outcomes (HR, Walk, or Strikeout) however I wonder if it's your timing slider? because the timing range is so narrow, you probably are smacking the ball with good timing or missing with late or early timing, nothing in between. I wonder if changing timing will have some of those "just late" swings you make be singles the other way as opposed to swinging strikes?
I agree with lere here. Timing at 3 is very likely your culprit. I'd bump that back up then roll for 40 games or so and then you can re-evaluate once you build up that small sample size. Default timing on all star at default is pretty tough as is - 4 could work and keep the variety if you have solid hits at default. If you have lowered solid hits, then I would bump the timing to default.
Old 05-30-2019, 09:54 AM   #4
Pro

Thank you guys very much.

So do you think I should leave the "Solid Hits " at 5....?

Don't get me wrong, I love the feeling when I launch a "no doubter", the game captures the feeling brilliantly...It just dilutes the feeling if /when im knocking 3 and 4 every game, but cant get a bases loaded single knock.

I was worried if I raised my timing higher, it would result in even more HRs?

Perhaps Up my Timing to 4, and perhaps reduce Solid Hits to 4?
What are your thoughts?
Old 05-30-2019, 10:01 AM   #5
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydrum
Thank you guys very much.

So do you think I should leave the "Solid Hits " at 5....?

Don't get me wrong, I love the feeling when I launch a "no doubter", the game captures the feeling brilliantly...It just dilutes the feeling if /when im knocking 3 and 4 every game, but cant get a bases loaded single knock.

I was worried if I raised my timing higher, it would result in even more HRs?

Perhaps Up my Timing to 4, and perhaps reduce Solid Hits to 4?
What are your thoughts?
I'm using 4 solid hit and 5 timing and have seen a tremendous amount of variety in well over 50 games. I would suggest starting there and then working your way down on the timing slider if you're still not satisfied.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2019, 11:22 AM   #6
Pro

Thanks Josh, really intrigued to see if this will work as the description of the "Solid Hit" would lead me to increase it to make more line drives etc, but going to give it a go at 4 (from 5) and Up my Timing from 3 to 5.

I don't want to eliminate HRs but want to add those hard working runs too (rather than just smashing them)

I am fiddling with either the Brewers or Twins, BUT, I am really intrigued by the Reds too, after watching Dietrich taunt Pittsburgh....lol....I am quickly becoming a Fan!
Old 05-30-2019, 11:55 AM   #7
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydrum
Thanks Josh, really intrigued to see if this will work as the description of the "Solid Hit" would lead me to increase it to make more line drives etc, but going to give it a go at 4 (from 5) and Up my Timing from 3 to 5.

I don't want to eliminate HRs but want to add those hard working runs too (rather than just smashing them)

I am fiddling with either the Brewers or Twins, BUT, I am really intrigued by the Reds too, after watching Dietrich taunt Pittsburgh....lol....I am quickly becoming a Fan!

First, three very good team choices. I’m using the Reds now and dabbled for 20 games or so with the Twins before deciding I missed NL ball. A guy I know on here is using the Brewers and they look like a ton of fun too. All three teams are in uncertain territory, which to me adds to the intrigue and puts you in a spot to make key decisions in year one.

Secondly, decreasing solid hits WILL decrease line drives. But, so many hits in real life are of the blooper variety. Sometimes, those soft contact hits find the gaps better than the solid contact.
Old 05-30-2019, 06:04 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 3

Is it that your scoring plays are only home runs or that your overall hitting is only home runs? I would first raise timing to four or five, then raise contact to 6 and POSSIBLY lower power to 4. You should get more hit types with the PCI being larger, but also still receive home runs when you really square one up with good timing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »