Home

Mike Lowe MLB The Show 20 Sliders

This is a discussion on Mike Lowe MLB The Show 20 Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2020, 07:37 PM   #81
Rookie

hockeyyt988's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Mike Lowe MLB The Show 20 Sliders

Quick question,

I played last year with buttons and meter off. This year I’m doing buttons no feedback.

Does how long I hold the button dictate how hard the fielder attempts the throw? Or is this “no feedback” option mute when using buttons setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2020, 12:16 AM   #82
Just started!

OVR: 0

Ive been a consistent user of Mike's sliders for the past few years, having played roughly 6 or 7 full seasons over 2 or 3 different franchises, playing every single pitch. All using the Giants. So i have a lot of reference points to how the end of 19's sliders felt and played.

Curently, i feel the change to 4/4 in fielding reaction and speed is perfect. I have read in a slider explanation thread that having those 2 settings in balance with the baserunning setting is a must have. And i personally had tweaked to the same setting in my own tests. Last year it didn't seem to matter as much. Although i felt i was over performing with single base hits in 19 slightly. Due to a low OBP through my own impatience.

The change to the user power feels good so far, really felt i was way too powerful in previous tests. I had 4 HR in 3 Games with Hunter Pence aha.
Now i cant rely on a perfect perfect being a bomb. CPU power feels good also. You will get punished.

User pitching feels good personally also, if you use pulse pitching its way too easy imo, which is why i think its good that Mike is designing these sliders based around meter. I hated meter in 19. But 20 feels good.

Ive had accurate foul % and also swing and strikeout %.

The change to the manager hook hasnt effected the game negetivly also. In fact they have been making smarter descisions. Realising Kershaw was up to bat next so making sure they keep him in for the rest of the inning. Even tho he was at 96 pitches. Just so they could bring in their desired RP without having to pinch hit him straight away.

Errors feel good too.

I also play without any feedback because i think it helps me to much.
And i never press R2 to check previous pitches or strike zone size.
Ive turned off preview hot zones also.

This current set feels super good. Going to keep playing my test franch till the RidinRosters get released in the coming days.
Old 03-22-2020, 12:04 PM   #83
Pro

Do ratings play a role since it’s zone? I like directional because it’s all ratings based but at times I keep thinking to myself “man this guy would’ve smashed that ball if I used zone”
Old 03-22-2020, 12:09 PM   #84
Pro

knucklecutter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjthomas121
Do ratings play a role since it’s zone? I like directional because it’s all ratings based but at times I keep thinking to myself “man this guy would’ve smashed that ball if I used zone”
I don't know anything about zone, but I've been using these sliders with directional / classic inputs and the games have been great so far if that helps.
Old 03-22-2020, 12:11 PM   #85
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjthomas121
Make no mistake: Zone is also "all ratings based" too, just in a different way. Mike Trout will have much more productive ABs than a replacement level player. It's much deeper and far less arcadey than just moving the cursor around manually.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2020, 12:28 PM   #86
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

Mike...
You know I use game differently...but from a strictly Cpu vs Cpu view of things and using your sliders
I’m really happy with animations....fielders reaction to balls..both outfielders and infielders..
I constantly tinker with one slider, that being the fielder speed...(Outfielder) vary up or down by one (3 or 4)
But all in all...I’m cook’n here ...loving gameplay...bugs here and there probably will be patched.
Hope this helps and thanks again...
Old 03-22-2020, 01:32 PM   #87
Just started!

Mike! Thank you for all you do. I recently reached out to you via twitter as well so I apologize if I’m bugging! I just needed a quick tutorial on how to read gameplay sliders. Meaning when you put “-5”, or “-5(+2)” how do I translate that when actually changing sliders on game? Obviously there are no numbers so my only assumption was it is based off of having the slider bars full at “10”. So “-5” would have the slider bar right in the middle for that particular slider? Please if you can lmk if I’m way off on this and again I apologize I know it’s something stupid but always confuses me!
Old 03-22-2020, 01:41 PM   #88
Pro

knucklecutter's Arena

Ignore the " - " , 0 is the slider all the way left, 10 is all the way right, 5 is in the middle, when you have something like (+2) it means that it has been increased two clicks since the previous iteration.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »