Home

Mike Lowe MLB The Show 20 Sliders

This is a discussion on Mike Lowe MLB The Show 20 Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2020, 06:04 PM   #401
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Mike Lowe MLB The Show 20 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWDixon120
In the past, I’ve played every pitch of every game on Legend/Legend. Last year I used your sliders and I’m using them this year.

Only difference is, I really want to get through a few seasons this year. Last year I played every game and it took me the whole year as every game was about 1- 1:30 hours.

I’ve switched to Quick counts this year and I’ve already played 50 games as games take about 25 minutes now.

I don’t know my exact record off the top of my head, but my record is really good. Something like 40-15.
I’m using Atlanta and my only roster change has been acquiring Jorge Soler.

Now, The Show is probably the game I’m best at. I’ve played since 06? I believe and I find myself over performing a lot when I want more of a challenge. That’s definitely because of my skill level and NOT your sliders. You’re sliders have been great. Last year I won 125 games with ATL and had two guys hit 65+ homers lol. I’m a big sim guy so I hate seeing those numbers.

Basically I’m curious to see if anyone has any tips they’ve been using and if quick counts drastically effect gameplay.

I’m tied with the Twins at the top for HR’s. My team ERA is below 3, so I’m constantly adjusting sliders to make it tougher. Currently on a 13 game win streak so nothing is working lol.

Any help/tips appreciated. As stated earlier, I’m using the latest version of 1.5, only change is pitch speeds are 7 each.

I figured I’d post here to see what you offered as a change in sliders, I’m not too sure how each slider affects long term stats so I figured you could lead me in the right direction.

Thanks!
You're doing the right thing increasing items a notch here and there. I'd say the biggest impact sliders would be:

User contact
User timing
User solid hits
Pitch speed

Same thing for the AI, just reversed obviously.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2020, 06:05 PM   #402
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Quote:
I'll give this a shot. My Average numbers aren't really great. around middle of the league. My power numbers are high however.
Then leave contact where it is and lower solid hits and timing, but in that order.

You could also lower them both a notch at a time together since I think you said you're drawing plenty of walks too and not striking out. I'd do that--move those two sliders down in pairs.
Old 04-22-2020, 08:38 PM   #403
Rookie

markor's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I'll give this a shot. My Average numbers aren't really great. around middle of the league. My power numbers are high however.
I’m in the same boat. Most of my numbers are bang on except the HR numbers are inflated. Essentially I’d like to keep my hit numbers but “convert” some of the HRs to 1B 2B hits. I don’t think it’s as simple as reducing power to 3 as they will just end up as caught flyballs?
Old 04-23-2020, 12:48 AM   #404
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by markor
I’m in the same boat. Most of my numbers are bang on except the HR numbers are inflated. Essentially I’d like to keep my hit numbers but “convert” some of the HRs to 1B 2B hits. I don’t think it’s as simple as reducing power to 3 as they will just end up as caught flyballs?
What are your swing and miss numbers looking like as well as your foul ball percentage? If the former is too low and the latter is too high, you could try:

1) Decrease user timing
2) Increase user user foul ball
3) Decrease user power or solid hit of both
Old 04-23-2020, 07:44 AM   #405
Rookie

markor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
What are your swing and miss numbers looking like as well as your foul ball percentage? If the former is too low and the latter is too high, you could try:

1) Decrease user timing
2) Increase user user foul ball
3) Decrease user power or solid hit of both
Thanks for the quick response Mike! The sliders are great.
I would say my swing and miss are usually north of 21% and my foul numbers are close but at times do drop below 15%. I’ve also considered pitch speed since this year seems it’s a lot easier to be early on fastballs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2020, 05:16 PM   #406
Rookie

I've noticed when automatic running is set and I have a man on second and my hitter at bat hits a sure double up the right center field alley my runner on third only goes to third. What gives?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Last edited by hitman23; 04-23-2020 at 05:48 PM.
Old 04-23-2020, 05:56 PM   #407
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman23
I've noticed when automatic running is set and I have a man on second and my hitter at bat hits a sure double up the right center field alley my runner on third only goes to third. What gives?

I don't use (or typically trust) auto running. That would be an issue to take up with SDS.
Old 04-23-2020, 10:42 PM   #408
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
I don't use (or typically trust) auto running. That would be an issue to take up with SDS.
I bumped up Baserunner Speed to 5. Going to see if that makes it better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »