Home

TheWarmWind's Impact Sliders 2020

This is a discussion on TheWarmWind's Impact Sliders 2020 within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2020, 12:36 PM   #17
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: TheWarmWind's Impact Sliders 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
I certainly haven't noticed an overabundance of home runs. I'm about half way through spring training and the most any individual has is 4. And you'd figure is be getting more than most with my wind up so high (although that hurts as much as it helps, ballpark depending).

I'd be able to assess this a lot better if I were playing the roster I'm more familiar with (my carry over) where I have a very clear idea of what results to expect. The trouble with balancing is that there are so many factors, and I would remind people that last year was one of the most homerun crazy years ever IRL. That has a massive impact on the rosters and also the results. I suspect your not going to see more than 5 home runs out of a 20 power guy still, there are just so many 50+ power guys out there now.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Thats a good take ....I’m using a combo of your sliders and Lowe’s as I Cpu games ect...and I’m lowering the power slider to 4.
The gameplay is so good this year ..and thanks again ..I always defer to You and Lowe and I usually get great results..
Old 03-20-2020, 09:13 PM   #18
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

yes I used a combination of Lows and yours as well.

having pitching consistency to 6 and timing to 4 stopped the home run Darby games for me so far cut it down from 5 homers a game combined to 2 or 3 much better
Old 03-20-2020, 11:49 PM   #19
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Another day of testing down, changes in the OP.

The change of CPU consistency up to 7 was made independently of all the home run talk on the main forums. It is a result of my own observations alone, but it is encouraging to see other data backing up the decision.

I'd been suspecting it needed to be moved up again for a few games and practice sessions, but the final straw was a rain game. Both team's pitchers took a hit to consistency (which is actually really cool) but while my pitcher had trouble hitting his spots and finding the zone, theirs (who had higher BB/9 AND higher control) was having trouble finding the catcher. Their was other data (mainly from practice sessions) but this was the most significant.

I was right about mechanical parity not being possible, just like last year. I could just crank up the contact slider for both parties, but that will get rid of some of the wonderfully low bat exit velocities I've been seeing, and reduce hit variety. Sigh, you are the bane of my existence contact slider.
Old 03-22-2020, 10:36 AM   #20
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

It seems like the CPU becomes too little of a threat at timing 4. They may need a straight buff over the player, just like last year. Changed back to 5 in the OP.

On the bright side, coronavirus has allowed me to pump out results at a much more results in a smaller timeframe.

Old 03-22-2020, 07:16 PM   #21
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Small tweak to the OP (basestealing ability back to 5). I once again remind people that I am still in the early testing phase, and not yet ready to declare these sliders version 1, so there will sometimes be this kind of back and forth on settings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2020, 03:47 PM   #22
Rookie

dar3816's Arena

I am thinking pretty hard about moving fielder run speed and reaction up to 6. Still have them both at 5 but with so many hard hit balls, especially through the infield, I've seen a large number of base hits that i felt like the fielder should have made a play on. The fielder speed, which you already have at 6 may help with some outfielders getting to balls in the gaps and foul territory that i feel they should be making plays on. The reaction to 6 to help infielders get to balls that it seems like they aren't even making the effort for, and because I've had a few bad animations play out in front of the plate between the pitcher and catcher. I had a dribbler down the first base line and the pitcher fielded the ball with the runner a few steps behind and took forever to toss the ball to first resulting in the runner being safe. Then on a dropped strike 3 call the catcher picked up the ball, took a few steps in front of the plate, double pumped, and a runner with 48 speed made it to first safely. I know i have my base runner speed up to 7 just like you, but that should not have happened.
Old 03-25-2020, 11:19 PM   #23
Rookie

xNeurosiis's Arena

I’m a big fan of using pulse pitching here, but also like Armor’s sliders since he uses auto fielding. How do you feel about using auto fielding with your set? I know you said it’s all just recommendations.
Old 03-25-2020, 11:50 PM   #24
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNeurosiis
I’m a big fan of using pulse pitching here, but also like Armor’s sliders since he uses auto fielding. How do you feel about using auto fielding with your set? I know you said it’s all just recommendations.
Should work fine. I see no reason why it shouldn't.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »