Home

TheWarmWind's Impact Sliders 2020

This is a discussion on TheWarmWind's Impact Sliders 2020 within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2020, 07:40 PM   #49
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: TheWarmWind's Impact Sliders 2020

Last question, how is it striking out CPU?

Talking with guys like Cole, Sale, Ray, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-13-2020, 10:06 AM   #50
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Last question, how is it striking out CPU?

Talking with guys like Cole, Sale, Ray, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I've had good overall strikeout numbers, and K/9 is still a very powerful attribute to have.

You'll have higher overall strikeouts for sure with them, but you can't just phone it in with a high K/9 pitcher either anymore. There is enough variety created that I've had games with a high K/9 pitcher where I only got 2 or 3 strikeouts, while at the same time I've had 10+ strikeouts with a low K/9 pitcher on these settings.

Overall though, you can expect 7+ strikeouts from a guy like Sale most times he toes the rubber. Just remember to not be afraid to walk a guy. You'd be surprised the kind of stuff the CPU will chase on a 3-2 count.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-13-2020, 10:55 AM   #51
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
I've had good overall strikeout numbers, and K/9 is still a very powerful attribute to have.

You'll have higher overall strikeouts for sure with them, but you can't just phone it in with a high K/9 pitcher either anymore. There is enough variety created that I've had games with a high K/9 pitcher where I only got 2 or 3 strikeouts, while at the same time I've had 10+ strikeouts with a low K/9 pitcher on these settings.

Overall though, you can expect 7+ strikeouts from a guy like Sale most times he toes the rubber. Just remember to not be afraid to walk a guy. You'd be surprised the kind of stuff the CPU will chase on a 3-2 count.

Awesome, thanks bud!

Locking V3 into my Franchise tonight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2020, 12:39 PM   #52
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

Dont know if I'm ready for Legend pitching, thoughts on what I would need to raise/lower for HOF classic pitching?
Old 05-13-2020, 02:12 PM   #53
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Quote:
Dont know if I'm ready for Legend pitching, thoughts on what I would need to raise/lower for HOF classic pitching?
CPU contact I can guarantee will need to be changed. You can use a similar technique to what I described earlier to balance this, just keep in mind the CPU often uses the contact swing this year, but not always (even in the same count in the same matchup in the same situation).

Human Control and Human consistency are the next likely candidates to need adjusting, though I have no idea by how much.

Any other potential changes would be pure guesswork on my part.

I don't support anything less than legend because I find it too easy to get perfect inputs in pulse on any other level. However, I'm playing on a 120hrz 4ms response time panel. Hard to expect the same out of everyone, especially if they're playing on lesser hardware, so I totally get why you'd want to tone it down.

Old 05-13-2020, 04:52 PM   #54
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
CPU contact I can guarantee will need to be changed. You can use a similar technique to what I described earlier to balance this, just keep in mind the CPU often uses the contact swing this year, but not always (even in the same count in the same matchup in the same situation).

Human Control and Human consistency are the next likely candidates to need adjusting, though I have no idea by how much.

Any other potential changes would be pure guesswork on my part.

I don't support anything less than legend because I find it too easy to get perfect inputs in pulse on any other level. However, I'm playing on a 120hrz 4ms response time panel. Hard to expect the same out of everyone, especially if they're playing on lesser hardware, so I totally get why you'd want to tone it down.

Thinking maybe increase CPU contact to 2 or 3 for HOF pitching?

I'll be able to figure out Human control and consistency, I'll take a look at other sliders who use HOF classic pitching... What you have for Legend Pulse is pretty close to what I've been seeing for HOF classic anyway.
Old 05-13-2020, 09:58 PM   #55
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Quote:
Thinking maybe increase CPU contact to 2 or 3 for HOF pitching?

I'll be able to figure out Human control and consistency, I'll take a look at other sliders who use HOF classic pitching... What you have for Legend Pulse is pretty close to what I've been seeing for HOF classic anyway.
I'd say that would be a good place to start.

I have no evidence or testing to prove this, but I get the feeling that HoF has the closest to CPU/Human parity at default.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2020, 03:26 PM   #56
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

So doesnt sound like your gonna do the multiple level sliders again huh? Like sliders for AS, HOF, Legend.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »