Home

itbeme23 The Show 20 "The Stats Approach" A.S. Directional/HOF Classic Sim Sliders

This is a discussion on itbeme23 The Show 20 "The Stats Approach" A.S. Directional/HOF Classic Sim Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2020, 01:26 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: itbeme23 The Show 20 "The Stats Approach" A.S. Directional/HOF Classic Sim Slider

How are your numbers looking? Any changes to the set? Does the difficulty matter much? I play HOF/HOF
Old 04-03-2020, 09:02 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: itbeme23 The Show 20 "The Stats Approach" A.S. Directional/HOF Classic Sim Slider

Hey Itbeme, welcome back my friend...

So glad you came back with your sliders, just plugged them in and have played only 4 or 5 games with them, but damn...

You hit it out of the park, the games feels amazing, the hitting is right on...the only time I have gotten mad so far is when my pitcher is getting wild and throwing balls everywhere...

I have not enjoyed the show this much since we worked together on slider back in 15 and 16...

All I can say is great job and keep up the good work man...Glad to see you back...
Old 04-04-2020, 04:22 AM   #35
Rookie

The_Gryphon75's Arena

OVR: 0

A small collection of Highlights from the test matches that I am doing with your settings. MLB TS Italy Clan
At the moment the results of the matches is very negative (we are still in the preparation period, a sort of Spring Training) but overall the outcome is very, very positive.
In the data I am obtaining results that are practically identical to reality. I'm still too far in the data attributable to my game and my Plate Discipline but that I had put into account
For the rest I don't know any particular attitude of the CPU and I can tell you that when I hit I am always satisfied.
Bye, until next time.
Twitch: LIVE Italy Clan
Twitter: Tweet Italy Clan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2020, 02:43 PM   #36
MVP

Hushroom's Arena

OVR: 10

Oh interesting. I am using Armor's sliders and really enjoy them. I'm going to give these a go for 10 games in my franchise
Milwaukee Bucks
Vegas Golden Knights
Old 04-04-2020, 04:15 PM   #37
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLion
How are your numbers looking? Any changes to the set? Does the difficulty matter much? I play HOF/HOF
Can't really say what the results would be for HOF hitting, dude.

As far as my offensive numbers on All-Star, the numbers are looking damn good. My Dodgers are right in line with MLB averages, so I don't anticipate any changes there. Would be curious to see your results on HOF, so keep us posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfire2001
Hey Itbeme, welcome back my friend...

So glad you came back with your sliders, just plugged them in and have played only 4 or 5 games with them, but damn...

You hit it out of the park, the games feels amazing, the hitting is right on...the only time I have gotten mad so far is when my pitcher is getting wild and throwing balls everywhere...

I have not enjoyed the show this much since we worked together on slider back in 15 and 16...

All I can say is great job and keep up the good work man...Glad to see you back...
Thanks, man! It's good to be back. I'm having a blast with the set as well. I'm tinkering with a few things right now (mostly CPU hitting), but overall, I really like the way the set is performing. Keep me posted on your results, and any feedback or suggestions you might have. Thanks for the kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hushroom
Oh interesting. I am using Armor's sliders and really enjoy them. I'm going to give these a go for 10 games in my franchise
Cheers, bud! Hope you enjoy them!
Old 04-04-2020, 04:35 PM   #38
Pro

itbeme23's Arena

OVR: 5

Hey, y'all!

Hope everybody has dug into their franchises, and I hope you're enjoying the set.

As I've said in some of my replies, overall, I really like the way the set is performing. For most people, I imagine you can adjust most of the sliders by a click or two, and be able to achieve the results you're looking for. At the risk of sounding overly biased, I think this is a hell of a solid base to start from.

Now, with that said, I'm experiencing a bit of a lull when it comes to CPU offense. Now, it could be that I'm using the Dodgers, and everybody knows they have a really good pitching staff (1st or 2nd in most MLB statistical categories last season). HOWEVER, after the first 13 games of my season, I'm DOMINATING in almost every meaningful stat category, and my last few games have started to feel a bit stale. These are different results than I got while testing, but that's because I was using a variety of MLB teams with different performing pitching staffs. Now that I've settled into MY franchise with the Dodgers, I've been more dominant than I would like. I currently have an a sub-2 ERA, and I'm giving up less than 7 hits per game. What that translates to on a game-to-game basis is quite simply...boring games, with subpar CPU offensive output.

So, I've reopened some testing on the CPU hitting sliders. Admittedly, this group of sliders has been the trickiest to nail down for me since I began testing. As I've said before, one click in either direction on any of the sliders has the potential to negatively affect the CPU's offensive production. The goals of my current testing are as follows:

1. Realistic overall CPU offensive output (i.e. number of hits, mainly).
2. Increased CPU runs scored, which will hopefully bring my ERA back into a realistic range.
3. Keeping CPU K numbers in realistic ranges, but there may be a tradeoff of less strikeouts to achieve better offensive output.
4. Increased CPU hits will hopefully provide more traffic on the bases, which in a general sense, will create more exciting games.

I am still taking a stats-oriented approach. Particularly the CPU extra base hits number. Contact and Solid Hits arguably have just as much influence on doubles and triples as the Power slider does, so I'm keeping an eye on those numbers. I still want to maintain the current CPU hit variety, just with a little bit more output on a per game basis.

Here's what I'm testing:

CPU Contact: 4
- Again, this is going to affect swing and miss rate, which will in turn affect the number of strikeouts per game.

CPU Power: 3
- No change here. The CPU homers are still there.

CPU Timing: 5
- Slight drop here to balance out the increase to Contact. I'm basically taking the inverse approach of what I stated in the OP.

CPU Solid Hits: 8
- I'm starting this testing with no changes to Solid Hits. Again, this slider is the one that affects the overall CPU offensive output as well as batting average. It's going to take a few games to gauge whether or not a change will be needed because of the increase in Contact. Hopefully not, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up needing to be decreased to 7.

That's what I got for y'all today! As always, feedback and suggestions are welcomed!

Cheers!

Last edited by itbeme23; 04-04-2020 at 04:37 PM.
Old 04-04-2020, 05:28 PM   #39
MVP

Hushroom's Arena

OVR: 10

So after playing two games, I’ve found hitting too easy. I usually play on HOF but I bumped it down to AS. I actually do like how these play as the games have been entertaining. I am gonna plug in your edits and see how it goes.

So far I’ve won with a score of 4-1 and 7-5. I am the brewers and played against the Rockies in both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Milwaukee Bucks
Vegas Golden Knights
Old 04-05-2020, 03:31 AM   #40
Pro

OVR: 4

Been loving the hitting/pitching of this set. I felt fielding was a little unrealistic with how fast the OFs were getting to balls so the only difference I have from your set is Fielder Reaction and Speed is 4 and Baserunner speed is 6.

With the new CPU offense adjustments I've had 2 games so far. A 8-3 loss (my SP5) and a 2-1 win in extras (my SP1). Will continue to report but I just wanted to show this amazing double play because my jaw dropped when I saw it :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtIv7lYKuUc

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »