Home

Rmiok222/Decent at Best MLB The Show 21 Sliders All Star+/HOF Directional/Classic

This is a discussion on Rmiok222/Decent at Best MLB The Show 21 Sliders All Star+/HOF Directional/Classic within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2021, 05:13 AM   #49
MVP

TopSide83's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Rmiok222 Hybrid MLB The Show 21 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
Well I pitch with all star and hit on HOF. The classic pitching interface is the key component for this set. It really makes ratings matter. If you were to use meter, pinpoint or analog pitching with this set you would absolutely dominate.

I tried classic pitching for the first time in I believe The Show 19 and I’ll never go back.

I strayed away from HOF pitching this year with classic interface when I pitched 18 innings and struck out 2 in that whole span, yet only allowed a few runs. It felt very unbalanced to me. I’m not a big fan of making huge changes to sliders so that’s why I’ve stuck with all star. It lets me use the least amount of slider changes of any difficulty

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
For some reason pitching on HOF this year with classic just doesn’t feel right. You can barely get the cpu to swing and miss. I’ve settled in nicely with all star plus.

Last edited by TopSide83; 05-17-2021 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-13-2021, 06:00 AM   #50
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSide83
For some reason pitching on HOF thisbyear with classic just doesn’t feel right. You can barely get the cpu to swing and miss. I’ve settled in nicely with all star plus.

I agree, I’ve pitched some gems on all star and have got rocked on all star. It’s great this year

Old 05-13-2021, 06:12 AM   #51
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

https://twitch.tv/rmiok222

Early morning stream

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2021, 05:56 PM   #52
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Rmiok222 All Star PLUS MLB The Show 21 Sliders

Major shout out to josh right now, I played this game for years and never really thought about dynamic difficulty..I just dismissed it immediately. He’s the first one I’ve really seen use it and finally after playing this years game for hours upon hours and being completely unsatisfied with my set I figured I’d reach out to him about some questions and give it a shot. Gosh dang, I was not disappointed. My set will be 100% all star plus for hitting and pitching. I was in between all star and HOF so this only made sense. On all star I dominated. On HOF, well I was struggling so bad that it wasn’t even fun. Pitching was a bit easy for me on all star, one of the first things I noticed on all star plus was how much better the cpu is with timing, which was really needed in my opinion.

I’m updating the OP. This is what I’m rolling with. It’s amazing.

Also my placeholder post under the OP will be eventually instructions on how to get to all star plus, and how to lock it in.

Last edited by Rmiok222; 05-16-2021 at 06:15 PM.
Old 05-17-2021, 08:50 AM   #53
Rookie

Decent at Best's Arena

Re: Rmiok222 All Star PLUS MLB The Show 21 Sliders

Quote:
Major shout out to josh right now, I played this game for years and never really thought about dynamic difficulty..I just dismissed it immediately. He’s the first one I’ve really seen use it and finally after playing this years game for hours upon hours and being completely unsatisfied with my set I figured I’d reach out to him about some questions and give it a shot. Gosh dang, I was not disappointed. My set will be 100% all star plus for hitting and pitching. I was in between all star and HOF so this only made sense. On all star I dominated. On HOF, well I was struggling so bad that it wasn’t even fun. Pitching was a bit easy for me on all star, one of the first things I noticed on all star plus was how much better the cpu is with timing, which was really needed in my opinion.

I’m updating the OP. This is what I’m rolling with. It’s amazing.

Also my placeholder post under the OP will be eventually instructions on how to get to all star plus, and how to lock it in.

I'm the same as you brother. I always recommended Dynamic difficulty for people new to the show. People that may have found allstar a bit too difficult. I never even thought about using Dynamic difficulty until this year. I used Armors fantastic set last year, and he didnt make the jump this year. Then this year HOF i couldn't hit and AS the CPU couldn't hit. So I decided to look into Josh's thread (always followed Josh for madden) to get a better understanding of this 'All Star Plus'. I finally went with it and absolutely have not looked back! The game plays fantastic on AS+ with very few subtle changes.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-17-2021, 01:24 PM   #54
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

Going to give these a try this evening.
Old 05-17-2021, 02:16 PM   #55
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decent at Best
I'm the same as you brother. I always recommended Dynamic difficulty for people new to the show. People that may have found allstar a bit too difficult. I never even thought about using Dynamic difficulty until this year. I used Armors fantastic set last year, and he didnt make the jump this year. Then this year HOF i couldn't hit and AS the CPU couldn't hit. So I decided to look into Josh's thread (always followed Josh for madden) to get a better understanding of this 'All Star Plus'. I finally went with it and absolutely have not looked back! The game plays fantastic on AS+ with very few subtle changes.

I actually gave it a try once you mentioned it on my stream a couple days ago. It took me about 2 games to grind and get both hitting and pitching to all star plus, but it was worth it

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2021, 03:07 PM   #56
Rookie

Decent at Best's Arena

Quote:
I actually gave it a try once you mentioned it on my stream a couple days ago. It took me about 2 games to grind and get both hitting and pitching to all star plus, but it was worth it

Ahhhh. I've been using your sliders for the ever since you updated them using AS+ in my new Ray's franchise. Still got my Marlins chise just wanted to give a AL team a go this year. These sliders have been playing fantastic for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »