Home

FenwayMac 2021 HOF Zone Variety Sliders

This is a discussion on FenwayMac 2021 HOF Zone Variety Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2021, 12:01 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 3
FenwayMac 2021 HOF Zone Variety Sliders

Fenwaymac 2021 HOF/Legend Hybrid Zone Variety Sliders

V2 NOW IN VAULT - Changes to original set are listed in red () below.

I love seeing box score results. They help me evaluate how these play out over various teams and play styles to look for trends that may require a tweak. If you would like to post a box score with your results to this thread, here is the link: https://dynasties.operationsports.co...id=1&sport=mlb

For the Gameplay setting options, the main ones to keep are the difficulty, hitting interface, pitching interface, and game style. Most of the other cosmetic options are up to your preference.

BATTING & BASERUNNING
Hitting Difficulty - HOF
Hitting Interface -Zone
- Input Type - Buttons
- Analog Type - Flick
- Plate Coverage Indicator - On
- PCI Appearance - StarFighter
Hitting View – Zone
In-Play View Offense - Medium
Ball Trail – Daytime Only
Guess Pitch - Off
Baserunning Decisions - Assist

PITCHING
Pitching Difficulty - Legend (But HOF should work fine as well...a bit more forgiving but same concept)
Pitching Interface - Meter
Pitch Feedback - On
Pitching View – Broadcast
Pitching Ball Marker – Classic On
Pitch Confidence - On

FIELDING
Throwing Interface - Buttons
Throwing Meter - No Feedback
Fielding Decision - Assist
Throwing Decision - Off
In-Play View - Medium
Throw Cancelling - On
One Button Dive/Jump - Off
Auto INF Jump Reaction - On
Auto INF Dive Reaction - ON
Catch Position Indicator - Track Ball
Defensive Shift - Auto
Off the Wall Ribbon - Off

GENERAL
Gamestyle Play - Competitive
Strike Zone - On
Hot Zones – Off
Warm Up Relievers - On
Dynamic Difficulty Updates - Progress
Tutorial Tips - Off

SLIDERS
Dynamic Difficulty Sensitivity - 5
Human Contact - 6
Human Power - 3 (4)
Human Timing -3
Human Foul Frequency - 2
Human Solid Hits - 4 (3)
Human Starter Stamina - 6
Human Reliever Stamina -4
Human Pitch Control - 5
Human Pitcher Consistency - 5
CPU Contact - 6
CPU Power - 5
CPU Timing - 2
CPU Foul Frequency - 6
CPU Solid Hits - 2
CPU Starter Stamina - 6
CPU Reliever Stamina - 5
CPU Pitcher Control - 4
CPU Pitcher Consistency - 5
CPU Strike Frequency - 4
CPU Manager Hook - 5
CPU Pickoffs - 5
Fastball Pitch Speed - 5
Offspeed Pitch Speed - 5
Fielding Errors Infield - 5
Fielding Errors Outfield - 5
Throwing Errors Infield - 5
Throwing Errors Outfield - 5
Fielder Run Speed – 3 (4)
Fielder Reaction - (4)3
Fielder Arm Strength Infield - 3 (4)
Fielder Arm Strength Outfield - 3 (4)
Baserunner Speed - 3 (4)
Baserunner Steal Ability - 5
Baserunner Steal Frequency - 5
Wind - 5
Injury Frequency - 6
Trade Frequency - 5

Last edited by FenwayMac; 05-20-2021 at 11:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2021, 09:02 PM   #2
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FenwayMac 2021 HOF Zone Variety Sliders

Yoooo! Glad your back man. I loved your sliders in 19

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-27-2021, 10:29 AM   #3
Pro

A little bit about my methodology on creating this slider set:

Goals:
- My general goal each time I create a set is to try to steer the game away from a significant amount of scoring by home runs. Normally out of the box this game is very power-heavy and I work to tame the scoring plays to include more run scoring singles, doubles, sac fly, even walks.
- Emulate league average on stats like BA, hits per game, strikeouts per game, walks per game
- Emulate hit types averages. Aim for 1B/2B/3B/HR of around 60%/25%/3%/12%.
- Appropriate pitches stats. Walks given up (this is always a tough one), strikeouts per game
-Variety! Variety on scoring plays, high scoring games, low scoring games, pitching duals, crooked number innings, memorable situations. I HATE just auto-pilot cruising through each game. I like to be engaged in my games.

For the offense sliders on this set, I initially found that once again the offense has too much power that was resulting in way too many home runs and doubles, and a lack of scoring variety. User strikeouts was also low and walks were virtually non-existent. This is about the lowest I have ever moved power, but trust me that if you line up that PCI, you will generally be rewarded with plenty of power to spray the ball around, or hit it out completely. Lowering timing allowed me about 7 k's per game on average, and lowering CPU pitch control one notch and strike frequency one notch will allow from an appropriate amount of walks, if you are patient enough to draw them! The pitcher will paint a lot as well, so be careful what you decide to swing at or take.

On the defensive side I cannot remember the last time the CPU has struggled so much with hitting. Generally on HOF I just could not find a combo that gave the CPU "teeth" without throwing everything else totally out of whack. I ended up moving to Legend, and STILL needing to bump up contact by one. The balancing down of timing and solid hits will help keep the boost reasonable though and also spread the ball around well. The general idea should also play well on HOF if you are more comfortable at that level,

I would not fear pitching on Legend though. The main idea is think like a pitcher. Keep the opponent off-balance by mixing up pitches and locations. Keep an eye on highest confidence pitches and focus on those. Stay out of the middle the best you can. That could mean more walks, which in this game is actually a good thing. If you make a mistake on your timing and hang one that gets smacked, well, that happens in reality right? BUT, sometimes you are forced to make a heart of the plate pitch and the CPU may simple ground or fly out. The tension is real! If CPU gets ahold of a couple, don't panic, just re-focus. Do a mound visit. PITCH SMART.

Just one other general note I have noticed is that the spread% of Fly Ball/Line Drive/Ground Ball (historical average 35%/21%/44%) is actually looking pretty good. I have always struggled with keeping the fly ball average down and bolstering the ground ball average. So far the spread looks nice.

Let me know of any specific slider questions you may have. I hope you enjoy! I am looking forward to getting my season started. Thanks.

Last edited by FenwayMac; 04-28-2021 at 01:12 PM.
Old 04-27-2021, 09:48 PM   #4
Pro

Finally made a breakthrough on pitching side of the ball. Like many, i have felt that CPU hitters have felt soft and i almost feel like i can throw any pitch in any location and get out of a jam with limited damage. Pitch count has also been low leading to exceedingly long performances.

My testing today was at Legend level, but i will also try the exact set at HOF to see if it will work for both. I don’t see why it should not.

Essentially the sliders are designed to strike fear in you if you attack the middle too often. You will have to hit your pitching mark, pay attention to your individual pitch confidence, and make some hard decisions with each batting scenario. Risk one over the plate or walk them? You also should have to keep a closer eye on your pitch count. Way more fun than auto-pilot.

I want to get a few games in on both sides of the ball but i think i should have these ready to post tomorrow!

Last edited by FenwayMac; 04-27-2021 at 09:51 PM.
Old 04-28-2021, 01:16 PM   #5
Pro

post #1 is now updated with sliders. Sliders are also now in the vault.

post#3 contains general thoughts on how I came about my settings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2021, 06:38 PM   #6
Pro

sandmac's Arena

Love your work! Looking for a suggestion:

I hit Zone / Analog from behind the pitcher and play with pitch speeds maxed out to 10 for the true broadcast reality experience.

That said, it's obviously a challenge so can you suggest which slider(s) would result in a few more meatball pitches from the CPU?

Thanks for all you provide!
Old 04-29-2021, 01:14 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmac
Love your work! Looking for a suggestion:

I hit Zone / Analog from behind the pitcher and play with pitch speeds maxed out to 10 for the true broadcast reality experience.

That said, it's obviously a challenge so can you suggest which slider(s) would result in a few more meatball pitches from the CPU?

Thanks for all you provide!

The main one would be to lower pitch consistency a notch or two, but be careful because the pitcher could get a bit wild if you set it TOO low. You might also consider raising strike frequency a notch to have the pitch game plan be more strike heavy vs trying to get you to chase.

I would start by lowering consistency first
Old 04-29-2021, 10:38 AM   #8
Pro

Opening Day! It's good to get a season underway. Your stereotypical opening day Ace's duel.

Arizona Diamondbacks at San Diego Padres
Jan 1, 123456789RHE
Arizona (0-1)000000000050
San Diego (1-0)00101000x250
W: Yu Darvish (1-0) L: Zach Gallen (0-1) S: Mark Melancon (1)
Scoring Summary
SCORING DETAILSARISDG
SDG3Tatis Jr hit a sacrifice fly to Calhoun (SF9), Grisham scores01
SDG5Machado lined to center for a single. Tatis Jr. scores02
Arizona Diamondbacks
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG
BATTING:
GIDP: Calhoun
BASERUNNING:
SB: Locastro 2 (2)
San Diego Padres
HITTERSABRHRBIBBSOHRAVG