Home

Old 05-12-2021, 06:24 PM   #1
Rookie

Chad211's Arena

OVR: 0
Sliders for franchise

This is the only place I can go to get good gameplay advice and has never let me down or given bad advice so here it is🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻

There are too many home runs on lower hitting difficulties and Iím really not that great of a hitter anyways, Iíve moved up to hitting at all star but can not hit well enough to make games fun or competitive, so playing with hitting at veteran but there are just too many home runs per game on average I hit 4 a game and the computer hits about 3 a game and thatís just too many to be fun or realistic for me. Want to start a franchise but I need to know witch sliders are best to just tone down the homers and maybe just get more solid hits and less pop ups. There are way too many pop ups when hitting also. Any advice on those things would be great so I can get going on a real franchise thanks to all you guys here for your advice🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2021, 06:28 PM   #2
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Sliders for franchise

Iíd go with joshc or funkycorm sliders and keep plugging away. Make sure you get a good sample size. My set is a hybrid between HoF hitting and all star pitching. But if youíre looking for a more difficult all star Iíd try josh or one of the other all star sets. Everybody on here is awesome honestly. A lot of respect for everybody on this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Rmiok222; 05-12-2021 at 06:34 PM.
Old 05-12-2021, 07:33 PM   #3
Rookie

Chad211's Arena

Re: Sliders for franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
Iíd go with joshc or funkycorm sliders and keep plugging away. Make sure you get a good sample size. My set is a hybrid between HoF hitting and all star pitching. But if youíre looking for a more difficult all star Iíd try josh or one of the other all star sets. Everybody on here is awesome honestly. A lot of respect for everybody on this forum.

Thanks for getting back to me on my post man,
So I can hit on veteran but any higher I just canít make games fun or competitive because my hitting is just not that good. On veteran there is just way too many home runs and pop ups so just to tone down the home runs tone down the pop ups and maybe just get more solid hits instead of just home runs or pop ups. So witch sliders are best to start with on those things??? I pitch on all star and donít have any issues with that but hitting Iím just not good at and the fact that there are just too many homers and not enough singles and doubles I just feel like itís really just in the game design and it is. So hitting I suck at and pitching Iím way better at.
Old 05-12-2021, 07:41 PM   #4
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Your best bet for hitting would probably be to use dynamic difficulty until you find a comfortable level.

Or you can start on veteran and just lower user power to 4.

Thatís what I would do!

Old 05-12-2021, 07:42 PM   #5
Rookie

Doyoueven85's Arena

There’s no magic formula. The only way to get better at hitting is to keep hitting. I started on veteran too. I wish there was some simple solution like “turn up the contact slider “ or “be more patient “ it’s a dice roll. My suggestion is to use Josh c’s sliders. Use them as directed. Forget veteran hitting and move up to all star. If you struggle a little with the bat then you will only get better. I’d rather struggle a little than to overachieve. Good luck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2021, 08:54 PM   #6
Rookie

Chad211's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyoueven85
Thereís no magic formula. The only way to get better at hitting is to keep hitting. I started on veteran too. I wish there was some simple solution like ďturn up the contact slider ď or ďbe more patient ď itís a dice roll. My suggestion is to use Josh cís sliders. Use them as directed. Forget veteran hitting and move up to all star. If you struggle a little with the bat then you will only get better. Iíd rather struggle a little than to overachieve. Good luck.
Thanks once again for the reply. Going to start a new franchise tonight and going to lower the human power and maybe turn up the solid contact. Iíve been playing the series since ps2 and this years game since release day so have put a ton of games in already. Any more advice on how to tone down the pop ups and outs??? Sounds like you and I might be the same kind of player because I would rather struggle a bit then overachieve and looking for more of a realistic game then just smacking the ball out of the park or popping it up and out🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻
Old 05-13-2021, 01:28 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad211
This is the only place I can go to get good gameplay advice and has never let me down or given bad advice so here it is🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻

There are too many home runs on lower hitting difficulties and Iím really not that great of a hitter anyways, Iíve moved up to hitting at all star but can not hit well enough to make games fun or competitive, so playing with hitting at veteran but there are just too many home runs per game on average I hit 4 a game and the computer hits about 3 a game and thatís just too many to be fun or realistic for me. Want to start a franchise but I need to know witch sliders are best to just tone down the homers and maybe just get more solid hits and less pop ups. There are way too many pop ups when hitting also. Any advice on those things would be great so I can get going on a real franchise thanks to all you guys here for your advice🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻
I'd ask to give mine a try. as REAL as IT gets! I had to make minor adjustments from last yr with the DOA feel off the bat but I'm loving where mine are now. I hit on All Star and dynamic my way to All Star + for the CPU. Once its there I turn off the dynamic slider to 0.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »