Home

CPU Won’t Strike Out

This is a discussion on CPU Won’t Strike Out within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2021, 02:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
CPU Won’t Strike Out

I’ve tried four or five different slider sets, have adjusted human control and CPU contact and still am only striking out 1-3 batters again (offline franchise mode). Anyone know how to fix this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2021, 03:12 PM   #2
MVP

CPU Won’t Strike Out

What difficulty? On AS I get 10+ all the time.

And just to get it on the record now, don’t chase numbers. It’s entirely possible you’re not getting enough Ks because you’re just not pitching well, so if you mess with sliders now, then get better, all of sudden you’re getting 15 Ks a game and you’re back where you started, unhappy with your numbers.

Last edited by Detroit Tigers; 05-18-2021 at 03:15 PM.
Old 05-18-2021, 03:15 PM   #3
Pro

knucklecutter's Arena

Re: CPU Won’t Strike Out

Before you go and change a bunch of sliders you might want to consider changing up your approach to pitching. Either change your input style ( classic, meter etc. ) throw more pitches out of the zone to get them to chase, change your pitch sequence or lower the difficulty. That said even on default HOF with classic pitching I had no issues getting an "appropriate" amount of strike outs, depending on the pitcher I was using. If you haven't already, consider using my slider set.
Old 05-18-2021, 03:17 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers
What difficulty? On AS I get 10+ all the time.

And just to get it on the record now, don’t chase numbers. It’s entirely possible you’re not getting enough Ks because you’re just not pitching well, so if you mess with sliders now, then get better, all of sudden you’re getting 15 Ks a game and you’re back where you started, unhappy with your numbers.

Oh I’m dumb, I started off on HOF due to a slider set stating that it was made for that setting. I’ll try lowering to AS and see what happens. As for your other comment, I completely agree. I’ll leave the sliders the way they are and lower difficulty and see how it goes. BTW, which slider set are you using? I’ve been switching between SGN and TKN’s.
Old 05-18-2021, 03:19 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklecutter
Before you go and change a bunch of sliders you might want to consider changing up your approach to pitching. Either change your input style ( classic, meter etc. ) throw more pitches out of the zone to get them to chase, change your pitch sequence or lower the difficulty. That said even on default HOF with classic pitching I had no issues getting an "appropriate" amount of strike outs, depending on the pitcher I was using. If you haven't already, consider using my slider set.
I will definitely try lowering the difficulty first. I’ve been pitching on classic and I can get to 0-2 and 1-2 counts and then the CPU hitter will literally either foul off pitches or my pitcher will throw something down the middle even though I aimed for a corner. I’ll look into your slider set as well, thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2021, 03:23 PM   #6
MVP

CPU Won’t Strike Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMakhani
Oh I’m dumb, I started off on HOF due to a slider set stating that it was made for that setting. I’ll try lowering to AS and see what happens. As for your other comment, I completely agree. I’ll leave the sliders the way they are and lower difficulty and see how it goes. BTW, which slider set are you using? I’ve been switching between SGN and TKN’s.

Ahh, HOF. Yeah can’t help you there, had the same problem. I’m just tweaking All-Star as I go, mostly default with SP stamina bumped a little and errors on 6, pitch speeds on 7, little stuff like that. For hitting I’m still stuck on Veteran; on AS I was hitting like .176 through my first 15 games and i was just like no.

Last edited by Detroit Tigers; 05-18-2021 at 03:34 PM.
Old 05-18-2021, 03:58 PM   #7
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

CPU Won’t Strike Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Tigers
Ahh, HOF. Yeah can’t help you there, had the same problem. I’m just tweaking All-Star as I go, mostly default with SP stamina bumped a little and errors on 6, pitch speeds on 7, little stuff like that. For hitting I’m still stuck on Veteran; on AS I was hitting like .176 through my first 15 games and i was just like no.

Yeah on HOF in two games I struck out 2 batters. That was with Shane Bieber and plesac as my starters too.

I switched to all star plus and it’s been a lot better.

Edit: sorry didn’t mean to quote you, meant to quote OP lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-18-2021, 07:24 PM   #8
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
Yeah on HOF in two games I struck out 2 batters. That was with Shane Bieber and plesac as my starters too.

I switched to all star plus and it’s been a lot better.

Edit: sorry didn’t mean to quote you, meant to quote OP lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Just FYI, I'm on HOF and I get plenty of Ks depending on the pitcher. I'm not knocking you at all I'm just saying its all about how you pitch and the pitchers ratings. Not so much about AS or HOF.....believe me I used to struggle with it also back in the day.

Sent from my thoughts

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »