Home

S & B's Directional/Classic, Dynamic/Legend sliders

This is a discussion on S & B's Directional/Classic, Dynamic/Legend sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2021, 09:15 PM   #17
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

OVR: 0
re: S & B's Directional/Classic, Dynamic/Legend sliders

There has been theories that HOF on dynamic plays different than straight up HOF. But don’t know how true that is.

I’m just surprised that I went from Allstar plus to HOF in 1 game.
Old 05-30-2021, 10:13 PM   #18
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
There has been theories that HOF on dynamic plays different than straight up HOF. But don’t know how true that is.

I’m just surprised that I went from Allstar plus to HOF in 1 game.
With it on max it can move quick IF you homeruns. Just singles will move it, but not that fast. A couple three up, three down innings will pretty much even things out if you're getting a lot of hits but no runs scored. Homeruns, especially 2 and 3 run HR will jump up the dynamic difficulty meter by quite a bit so that's why you saw it jump like that.

I have not heard that theory before but would be interesting. I doubt it's true though. You definitely should get plenty of hits and not score solely on the HR ball...at least I've seen plenty of hits. I've left 24 LOB a couple games ago lol

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwK...FogGcUlqoCYDTg

Last edited by DarthRambo; 05-30-2021 at 10:18 PM.
Old 05-31-2021, 12:40 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 6

Another couple of games and too much offence. Not so much too many hits but too many hits going for home runs. Last game 15 hits which is fine but 8 of this were home runs.

A lot of pitches seemed down the middle so maybe indeed to update the pitcher consistency to 4 ?
Old 05-31-2021, 01:24 PM   #20
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by packmanuk
Another couple of games and too much offence. Not so much too many hits but too many hits going for home runs. Last game 15 hits which is fine but 8 of this were home runs.

A lot of pitches seemed down the middle so maybe indeed to update the pitcher consistency to 4 ?
Yes, like I was saying if you're wanting more or less offense I think pitching consistency is the #1 slider to tweak either way.

But first, if you're on dynamic difficulty where are you at now? Also, if it's maxed out for the slider you're going to reach HOF and HOF+ soon enough. I wouldn't be too concerned by one game. Eventually you're going to be at a level where the elite AI controlled pitchers will be dominate. Also what was the wind like that game? It plays a big factor sometimes in creating more HRs than usual. Also can create less than normal if blowing in of course.

Check post #9 and look at that Rockies game. 28 hits altogether and only two homeruns. And this was in Colorado. Give it some time and go through a month on the schedule and look back at your stats.

I like it at 3 so I'm throwing more walks. But definitely if you're using a #4 or #5 SP you can get rocked pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by DarthRambo; 05-31-2021 at 01:44 PM.
Old 05-31-2021, 02:21 PM   #21
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

OVR: 0

I reached HOF plus after 2 games and hitting 5 home runs. Then I faced Syndergaard and lowered back down to HOF and had 6 hits all singles. So the numbers will even out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2021, 02:31 PM   #22
MVP

I was indoors and at hof for both I think. I was struggling before on all-star + before I went to dynamic. I think I'm going to go to 4 anyway to see what happens.

Last edited by packmanuk; 05-31-2021 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-31-2021, 04:00 PM   #23
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by packmanuk
I was indoors and at hof for both I think. I was struggling before on all-star + before I went to dynamic. I think I'm going to go to 4 anyway to see what happens.
Let us know how it goes. I'd be interested in knowing your walk totals at 4. Are you using quick counts as well?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Operation Sports mobile app

Old 05-31-2021, 04:34 PM   #24
MVP

First game using 4 consistency and it was a 4v3 game. I had 5 walks and the CPU had 4. I only had 5 hits but 3 were hrs and the CPU hit 1 hr

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »