Home

S & B's Directional/Classic MLB 22 Sliders

This is a discussion on S & B's Directional/Classic MLB 22 Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2022, 09:00 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: S & B's Directional/Classic MLB 22 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
Well only two games played with power at 3 and solid hits at 5 so far. I am locked in on HOF pitching and both games were Allstar+ hitting. But for those two games:

Cpu- 19 hits; 3 HRs, 16 singles

User- 15 hits; 3 HRs, 2 doubles, 1 triple, 9 singles.

Early on I am seeing the hit distribution we want here. Our fielder speed/reaction along with baserunner speed plays a part into that as well. It's not just hitting sliders only.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Mine is very similar on HOF with 4 power, so I love that. Maybe I will drop down to AS+ and lower power to 3 to help reduce my strikeouts. Not sure.

What is the goal of the sliders for fielding and baserunning if you don't mind me asking? Like what is the rationale behind it? I'm not criticizing, I am just curious why it is so different than default.
Old 04-03-2022, 09:24 PM   #74
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friar Fanatic
Mine is very similar on HOF with 4 power, so I love that. Maybe I will drop down to AS+ and lower power to 3 to help reduce my strikeouts. Not sure.

What is the goal of the sliders for fielding and baserunning if you don't mind me asking? Like what is the rationale behind it? I'm not criticizing, I am just curious why it is so different than default.
Not a problem. We know that it looks crazy. The Baserunner speed is low cause last year we noticed if the CPU hit a single in shallow CF the batter would try for a double and be thrown out by a mile. It took them out of potential rallies or big innings. If we lower it they don’t try for 2nd. But we do still see doubles and triples and runners being aggressive but just not too aggressive.

The fielder speed and reaction is lower to try to get more hits and open the field more. You’ll see the ratings shine. The fast outfielders will still be fast. We lowered reaction even more to get some more seeing eye singles go through the infield.

We appreciate the questions and the feedback.

https://twitch.tv/bryanm1982

Braves Franchise

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 04-03-2022, 09:31 PM   #75
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

Overall the goal of our sliders is to achieve realistic hit distribution percentages. In order to achieve that we mainly have to find a way to create more singles.

Lowering fielder speed and baserunner speed I like to think of it as the same thing as decreasing game speed that we all usually do for any other sports game. Having fielder speed and reaction low will allow for those shallow hit balls to drop occasionally. The reaction low also is allowing more seeing-eye singles. Again we want more singles so those two things give us a chance to get maybe 1-3 more singles than we would have at default.

Lowering baserunner speed is something I found years ago, probably 2017 or 18. Baserunning on auto has it's issues and one that's plagued it forever is baserunner aggressiveness is too much. Guys would run themselves out on a ground ball to the outfield that should be a single but they attempt to turn a double. I started lowering this by a lot years back and it always fixed the problem pretty well so it's just an automatic slider adjustment I make now.

Lowering speed slows the game down by slowing the runner down. Now he reaches first just as the outfielder reaches that groundball single instead of being halfway around 1st base getting ready to be thrown out by a mile. I am exaggerating a bit but you get the point.

Once we find out the combination of sliders that give us the hit distribution we want to see the entire game feels so realistic. You'll have a realistic amount of pitching jams with runners on base. Our lowered pitcher control and consistency also plays into this where we actually issue a good amount of walks in a game. The immersion really takes effect once all this comes together. Sorry for the long answer. I guess I just really love the data behind all of this and truly love love this game every year.

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2022, 10:56 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
Not a problem. We know that it looks crazy. The Baserunner speed is low cause last year we noticed if the CPU hit a single in shallow CF the batter would try for a double and be thrown out by a mile. It took them out of potential rallies or big innings. If we lower it they don’t try for 2nd. But we do still see doubles and triples and runners being aggressive but just not too aggressive.

The fielder speed and reaction is lower to try to get more hits and open the field more. You’ll see the ratings shine. The fast outfielders will still be fast. We lowered reaction even more to get some more seeing eye singles go through the infield.

We appreciate the questions and the feedback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
Overall the goal of our sliders is to achieve realistic hit distribution percentages. In order to achieve that we mainly have to find a way to create more singles.

Lowering fielder speed and baserunner speed I like to think of it as the same thing as decreasing game speed that we all usually do for any other sports game. Having fielder speed and reaction low will allow for those shallow hit balls to drop occasionally. The reaction low also is allowing more seeing-eye singles. Again we want more singles so those two things give us a chance to get maybe 1-3 more singles than we would have at default.

Lowering baserunner speed is something I found years ago, probably 2017 or 18. Baserunning on auto has it's issues and one that's plagued it forever is baserunner aggressiveness is too much. Guys would run themselves out on a ground ball to the outfield that should be a single but they attempt to turn a double. I started lowering this by a lot years back and it always fixed the problem pretty well so it's just an automatic slider adjustment I make now.

Lowering speed slows the game down by slowing the runner down. Now he reaches first just as the outfielder reaches that groundball single instead of being halfway around 1st base getting ready to be thrown out by a mile. I am exaggerating a bit but you get the point.

Once we find out the combination of sliders that give us the hit distribution we want to see the entire game feels so realistic. You'll have a realistic amount of pitching jams with runners on base. Our lowered pitcher control and consistency also plays into this where we actually issue a good amount of walks in a game. The immersion really takes effect once all this comes together. Sorry for the long answer. I guess I just really love the data behind all of this and truly love love this game every year.

Love that, I will put those sliders on, play 30 games or so and let you know how it's working.

Do you think there is a big difference between AS+ and HOF?
Old 04-03-2022, 11:02 PM   #77
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Quote:
Love that, I will put those sliders on, play 30 games or so and let you know how it's working.

Do you think there is a big difference between AS+ and HOF?
Steve tested it out last year with the size of the pci. It is very small difference between the two. Just a tad bigger on Allstar +.

https://twitch.tv/bryanm1982

Braves Franchise

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Last edited by bryanm1982; 04-03-2022 at 11:23 PM.
Old 04-04-2022, 01:36 AM   #78
Rookie

Neptun2409's Arena

What does it mean for base stealing if you are lowering the baserunner speed down?
Old 04-04-2022, 01:49 AM   #79
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Well I just played a epic 14 innings gsme and lost 6-5

I blew a 5-1 lead into
The 9th with the twins v white sod I seen it coming I was one strike away from winning and damm gtandal
Hits a 3 run homer over left wall.

Then both teams offence goes dead till the 14th I manage to stop a sac flu from abrue caught at home. But In the 14th once again 1 strike away. From getting out of it this time it looks like he’s about to hit a 3 runner home. Then falls short hits the wall Killoff leaps and misses hits wall
I lose 6/5

Love this game but hard to get over that loss damm Stashak loaded the bases at 5-1 then Rodgers choked the save

Duran pitched 4.1 innings in extras and still gets the loss.

In another game came back to best Texas witu Yankees after I left Cole in too long with 12 Ks gave up a 2 run homer and I came back from 3-1 down to save Cole the loss

Love this game every game a different it was the problem I had with the 21, it was messy and not unique this is baseball!
Old 04-04-2022, 06:51 AM   #80
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptun2409
What does it mean for base stealing if you are lowering the baserunner speed down?
Does not effect base stealing at all. Only running the bases with a ball hit in play.

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »