Home

Funkycorm Presents: MLB 22 All Star Classic/Directional Sliders

This is a discussion on Funkycorm Presents: MLB 22 All Star Classic/Directional Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2022, 11:02 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Funkycorm Presents: MLB 22 All Star Classic/Directional Sliders

Awesome post. Great effort that you’ve put in and thank you for sharing. Excited to try this out tonight. I like the variety and that it’s one team roster control.

Can you answer something. Trying to develop minor league A and B prospects. While ideally I manual control everything like you do, I have tried simming a month at a time. With manual roster control, I lose a lot of players to injuries. I’m assuming it keeps my staring lineup until they are dead tired and absolutely needs a day off. If I sim with auto roster control, it puts the D players in with higher overall instead of the A prospect I want to develop. Any way to keep A prospect playing most of the time, other than just setting the lineup every day? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2022, 09:15 AM   #26
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VF1S_Rick_Hunter
Awesome post. Great effort that you’ve put in and thank you for sharing. Excited to try this out tonight. I like the variety and that it’s one team roster control.

Can you answer something. Trying to develop minor league A and B prospects. While ideally I manual control everything like you do, I have tried simming a month at a time. With manual roster control, I lose a lot of players to injuries. I’m assuming it keeps my staring lineup until they are dead tired and absolutely needs a day off. If I sim with auto roster control, it puts the D players in with higher overall instead of the A prospect I want to develop. Any way to keep A prospect playing most of the time, other than just setting the lineup every day? Thanks.
Thank you for the feedback.

Injuries can definitely be a pain at times. I had seasons where I had 7-8 starters on the DL. Some of which are my top prospects. In my experience, the roster logic even on manual is based solely on overall and secondary positions. Two things I have done to help this is to lower the overall of the D players and take away their secondary positions. Hitting the auto fix lineup is nice but it bases its changes solely on those 2 factors in my experience.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 04-26-2022, 12:29 PM   #27
Rookie

Doyoueven85's Arena

I threw a no hitter with these today. Zach Plesac of Cleveland versus Minnesota. I was a strike away from a perfect game. In all the years I’ve played this game it’s only the third I’ve thrown.
Old 04-26-2022, 12:37 PM   #28
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyoueven85
I threw a no hitter with these today. Zach Plesac of Cleveland versus Minnesota. I was a strike away from a perfect game. In all the years I’ve played this game it’s only the third I’ve thrown.
Awesome. Congratulations!

I can within an out of a perfect game last year and have only thrown 1 no hitter in my time. That was back in MLB 19.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 04-27-2022, 02:44 PM   #29
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Thought I would drop an update here with a new patch being released.

There are NO changes to gameplay sliders. I am still going the course. This game plays amazing. And continues to be my favorite in the series.

Note I did disable the VRR and 120hz on my PS5.

As far as other settings, though it is personal preference for audio, I have lowered the announcer volume. Year 1 is going to have some hiccups and repetition and that is to be expected. But the repetition is becoming noticeable. This lowered has really allowed the other sounds to shine. The crack of the bat this year is great.

As far as rosters. I can not guarantee that these sliders will work with rosters that have edited ratings. My roster I started with used the first updated roster as its base and used my potential editing practices which keeps future years in balance. I know one edited roster has been released and others are on the way. I did my usual assortment of sim testing for this as I do on all rosters. I will leave it as it is not for me. I only mention this because I have seen slider discussion about this roster and there were different sliders than mine used to test so I don't want to guarantee results or that it will play as intended with my sliders.

As I said above, this game is playing great the way it is. The variety and everything continue to be spot on. I really am pleased with by how quickly I got these sliders locked in. After the fiasco of slideritis in 21, this has been a breath of fresh air for me. I have about 40 games under my belt and my RL trusted slider tester has another 20 so sample size is starting to really take shape and show how this game truly shines.

Happy baseball gaming!

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 04-30-2022, 11:21 PM   #30
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

The highs and lows are really felt with the game this year. Here are some recent scores. Mine is always first.

6-0
4-1
2-5
3-2
4-2
5-2
8-0
3-5
2-5
3-6
0-2

These are in order. Won 4 in a row and now trying to end a 4 game losing streak. As I said, you really feel the ebb and flow with the sliders and game.

If you are using these, trust the settings and trust the sliders. This is playing the best game or baseball I have ever played.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

Last edited by Funkycorm; 05-01-2022 at 08:22 AM.
Old 05-03-2022, 12:26 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 1

Greetings from the UK.
Great job with these--just tinkering before I start a Franchise (I want to select all Teams-that way I can make real trades if any bif ones happen in real life)
Still not sure who I am going to use as my "main team" though.

Was reading the boards--does your sliders make the Pitchers stamina realistic (for relievers too??---I want to have to play strategically / carefully so as to not exhaust them)
Thanks again.
Jd
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2022, 01:05 PM   #32
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydrum
Greetings from the UK.
Great job with these--just tinkering before I start a Franchise (I want to select all Teams-that way I can make real trades if any bif ones happen in real life)
Still not sure who I am going to use as my "main team" though.

Was reading the boards--does your sliders make the Pitchers stamina realistic (for relievers too??---I want to have to play strategically / carefully so as to not exhaust them)
Thanks again.
Jd
So there have been a few working theories over the last few iterations of the game. I won't rehash these as you said that you have read the boards. I will leave it as those theories aren't for me.

In my opinion, keeping reliever stamina at 5 and starter at 6 this year yields great results. Keeping hook at 5 as well is important. The starter at 6 and reliever at 5 mesh well together. I have found when adjusting hook, it messes things up more than it fixes. I am seeing relievers come in and pitch 1-2 innings and see a variety of pitchers used over the course of a 3-4 game series.

I have also had starters for the CPU go the distance when they are shutting me out. I have had my starters pitch to no energy left as well. But they recover before their next start.

It will never be perfect. But this year it is the best it has been. Still room for growth but messing with reliever stamina and hook make things worse in my opinion. Has for a few years now.

I am not a fan of 30 team control so I let the CPU manage this so these experiences are with single team control.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

Last edited by Funkycorm; 05-03-2022 at 01:27 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »