Home

Slider guru help

This is a discussion on Slider guru help within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2022, 09:53 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Slider guru help

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowie
I’ve been stingy on Armor’s set up and his set up def works (probably more on 20 than 22)

Wouldn’t say all star + feels better per se, but I find it enjoyable (with default sliders) and it will probably hold up really well over 162 a little better (on 22). Only time will tell, but I’m going for it.

I’ve always thought Armor and Josh are spot on w/ their analysis. Both just look at the game a bit differently.

For 22, I am leaning toward Josh, and 20 is def Armor.

Dowie
Couldn’t agree more. I have an issue with starting over due to stats not feeling right, games feeling too easy/too hard. I need to just get started and make small adjustments and stop worrying so much! Lol
Old 06-03-2022, 10:16 PM   #10
MVP

dowie's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLICIT206
Couldn’t agree more. I have an issue with starting over due to stats not feeling right, games feeling too easy/too hard. I need to just get started and make small adjustments and stop worrying so much! Lol
YES!!!! Easier said than done……I get it.
Just start and REFUSE to ever look back.

Think about it…..how often do u see a crazy stat line in baseball?

it’s a lot!

Teams don’t get to start over….they just wake up and do it again the next day.

I mean, Gerrit Cole no hit the Tigers for 7 Innings 2nite….should the Yanks increase the difficulty level or increase the cpu hitting sliders?

The Pirates beat up the Dodgers in a series ON THE ROAD……that isn’t right…….Should LA decrease the difficulty or increase their pitching and hitting sliders? 😀😀😀😀😀

Baseball is all about hot and cold streaks and the Show will give you that IF you let it, and play every game.

I’m really just preaching this to remind myself, moreso than telling anyone else

Dowie
Old 06-04-2022, 03:46 AM   #11
Rookie

StonewallTexan's Arena

A couple of sliders, at least, should be adjusted if you want a realistic experience. Injuries (both played and simmed) need to be in the 8-10 range to allow for anything close to realistic injury rates (even accounting for smaller farm system in game). Similarly, errors are way too low on default (again, even allowing for the fact The Show does not always score errors correctly).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2022, 09:02 AM   #12
MVP

forme95's Arena

Well I finished spring last night. Compared team spring stats to 21 team RL game stats. Sidebar: let me get this out of the way. I am not playing for real life MLB stats. (I will say it) You're a complete fool if you try to match/mirror MLBTS to RL MLB.
Back on topic now: I was curious to see mostly. Overall hitting was higher with pitchers falling under. MLBTS stats stayed in a good range but AVG, HR, H, SLG, plate appearances, were high while SO, BB were low. On the pitching side of it, ERA's were up (almost to high), SOs lower and BB higher. Now it could be because the cpu bullpen logic. The way they set the bullpen with the regular MRP in the RP slot, so they dont play unless you move them into the MRP spots. Which I do 10 games before the regular season, I went through and started putting who would start the season into bullpen. What I gathered by the stats are batters were more efficient then pitchers.

So on to regular season. No changes and see what happens month to month. My initial thought in the OP has changed to just upping pitch control and/or consistency and not touching contact.

IDK why I will add this, but Im a defensive guy. In football, ill drool over a 0-3, 3-7, 7-14, defensive game before I cheer for 37-41 type game. Baseball is the same way. I love pitchers duels forever over a HR fest game.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 06-04-2022, 10:22 AM   #13
MVP

forme95's Arena

I am going to lose my mind with the wild pitch and HBP. Seeing aces and good control guys plunking 2 or 3 hitters a outing is just insane. I think programming screwed up when they calculated hbp. At this rate pitchers will have career hbp in one season. Opening day, grienke has 2 through 5 innings and Bieber has 3. That's 5 in 5 inn's of a game. SDS needs to reevaluate its DP and HBPs. Unreal
Also, the problem isn't stamina, it's the program averaging 25+ pitches per inning. Ya, you'll see 5,7,9 , 15 pitch innings. You are guaranteed though to throw a 35+ bad inning every game. Could be the first inning. Could be the 5th. BUT, it will happen once a game no matter the ratings.
Please also remember this is manage mode not playing. With playing, you have more control of outcomes.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Last edited by forme95; 06-04-2022 at 10:37 AM.
Old 06-04-2022, 12:14 PM   #14
MVP

dowie's Arena

Too many pitches p/inning has always plagued this series.

If you are patient at plate, a 20+ pitch per inning is easily accomplished.

When pitching l, it happens almost every inning, because if you keep ball in strike zone they make contact ALOT….and usually it doesn’t end well for you.

Hard to tell what causes this (hard coded OR player vision/contact ratings).

Hard to fix this, which is why I am just rolling w/default and not worrying about it.

#DontGoDownTheRabitHole

Dowie
Old 06-04-2022, 12:36 PM   #15
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowie
Too many pitches p/inning has always plagued this series.

If you are patient at plate, a 20+ pitch per inning is easily accomplished.

When pitching l, it happens almost every inning, because if you keep ball in strike zone they make contact ALOT….and usually it doesn’t end well for you.

Hard to tell what causes this (hard coded OR player vision/contact ratings).

Hard to fix this, which is why I am just rolling w/default and not worrying about it.

#DontGoDownTheRabitHole

Dowie
I really believe it is hard coded. Your right, nothing you can do about it. Just venting lol. I'm strongly in the opinion that this may be the last show I buy regardless of what they put out or improve till they overhaul franchise. Seeing the same relievers a series, lack of bullpen, rotation, batting order, managing logic has finally gotten to me.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2022, 01:07 PM   #16
MVP

dowie's Arena

Understood…..one solution is to go back to 20 and grab a ton of historical 1 season rosters from Baumy, MKHarsh and PJSnell and just do 1 and done historical seasons.

That way, none of the franchise stuff really matters.

Dowie

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »