Home

Slider guru help

This is a discussion on Slider guru help within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2022, 06:06 PM   #17
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Slider guru help

I hate that programming allows you to predict the game. This is where sds needs to work on gameplay programming. Make things more random. Lights out pitching for 4 innings, full confidence. Just as stayed before the 5th started. 35+ pitches, 3 run inning. The downside of manage mode. Enough games and you pretty much call how the game will play out. Idk if this is a product of simming all the days games before my game, but if you don't, you don't get the ticker during your game. Programming just needs better..... well programming

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 06-08-2022, 01:21 PM   #18
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
I hate that programming allows you to predict the game. This is where sds needs to work on gameplay programming. Make things more random. Lights out pitching for 4 innings, full confidence. Just as stayed before the 5th started. 35+ pitches, 3 run inning. The downside of manage mode. Enough games and you pretty much call how the game will play out. Idk if this is a product of simming all the days games before my game, but if you don't, you don't get the ticker during your game. Programming just needs better..... well programming
Have you tried NOT simming beforehand....just to assess the difference?
Old 06-09-2022, 03:46 PM   #19
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Have you tried NOT simming beforehand....just to assess the difference?
Thought about it. I even thought about doing like a time thing. If I have a 1pm game, only simming the games before (if any 12pm games) and 3 hours after. Any game after 4 not simming and see if it plays out any different.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Old 06-10-2022, 06:38 PM   #20
MVP

forme95's Arena

Played one game with simming just the games before or during the time I'm playing. It was a pretty good gameplay. Just played a game without simming any, and in under two innings had 3 hbp by one pitcher and same pitcher nailed twice now in the back by a hit and it's 5-0. KC pitcher taken out.......

Old 06-11-2022, 01:17 PM   #21
MVP

forme95's Arena

How, tell me how (sigh) if any other starting pitcher had this stat line he'd be thrown down to aaa without a second thought. How do you do it to a 91 Ace? Other 4 starters holding just fine and playing as they should for the most part. Ace day to pitch, never pitched a game before. It's getting beyond just a cold start. He was cold all spring.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2022, 02:31 PM   #22
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLICIT206
Man, I’m in the same boat! I’ve played mostly on HOF and it either feels too easy or too hard. I’m thinking of taking Josh’s advice and trying out AS+ because he’s been adamant it just feels better than HOF. The reality that default is pretty spot on with small adjustments over time.

The reality is do whatever feels right for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 06-11-2022, 08:08 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
The reality is do whatever feels right for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yessir! I ended up going back to yours with small tweaks. I def got slideritis this year worse than ever and Now I’m just playing and trying to not worry about every little detail.
Old 06-12-2022, 09:00 AM   #24
MVP

forme95's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLICIT206
Yessir! I ended up going back to yours with small tweaks. I def got slideritis this year worse than ever and Now I’m just playing and trying to not worry about every little detail.
Dont fall into that trap. Slideritis is so bad for baseball games because it's so easy to see 5 to 10 games and think you need a change when it's really just the programming of the streaks over the whole 162 game season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »