Home

Something off with CPU pitchers hitting?

This is a discussion on Something off with CPU pitchers hitting? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football Releases in Summer 2024 - Dynasty Mode a Priority
FIFA 23 World Cup Mode - What Happened?
Breaking Down the Latest AEW Fight Forever Trailer

Old 09-30-2022, 12:07 PM   #1
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

OVR: 0
Something off with CPU pitchers hitting?

1. I use classic pitching, pitched ball fade.
2. Prior to starting my franchise I go thru all the ML pitchers (with some exceptions) and zero out their batting attributes.
3. Play AS/AS.
4. Been playing the game a long time. Know how to pitch. Not afraid to throw balls out of the zone, etc. S

That all said I’d almost rather face a regular batter in many situations than the opposing teams pitcher. I really pay attention to the pitchers at bat because of this. Doesn’t seem to help. This morning, bases loaded, Verlander at bat, I throw a sinker down, he lines it to right.

I’m not opposed to CPU pitchers getting hits, but something is off. It should be rare, but it’s not. Seems more prominent in scoring situations.

Last edited by KnightTemplar; 09-30-2022 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Forgo to add comment
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2022, 02:46 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Something off with CPU pitchers hitting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
1. I use classic pitching, pitched ball fade.
2. Prior to starting my franchise I go thru all the ML pitchers (with some exceptions) and zero out their batting attributes.
3. Play AS/AS.
4. Been playing the game a long time. Know how to pitch. Not afraid to throw balls out of the zone, etc. S

That all said Iíd almost rather face a regular batter in many situations than the opposing teams pitcher. I really pay attention to the pitchers at bat because of this. Doesnít seem to help. This morning, bases loaded, Verlander at bat, I throw a sinker down, he lines it to right.

Iím not opposed to CPU pitchers getting hits, but something is off. It should be rare, but itís not. Seems more prominent in scoring situations.
I'm still playing 21, so I can't comment on 22. I feel like pitchers hitting skills are about right on 21, although I did give up a homer to Zach Wheeler once. But previous versions, it did always feel to me like pitchers hit a bit too well, especially in key spots.
Old 10-01-2022, 06:28 PM   #3
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

I've always felt that CPU pitchers gave me trouble when they are hitting. It felt like I could strikeout the first 8 guys in a row and then the pitcher would come up and grind out a pesky single. I never really took the time to take any data on it just a feeling. Have rarely played with pitchers hitting this year though due to the DH

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Operation Sports mobile app

Thanks Peyton. #18

Last edited by CBoller1331; 10-02-2022 at 10:59 PM.
Old 11-11-2022, 12:12 PM   #4
Rookie

da5hitta's Arena

Pitchers do seem a bit squirrely when hitting. Especially with cheapies/bloops. Maybe itís because I donít pitch as carefully since I know they are pitchers, but regardless they do seem to get hits more than you would expect. Nowadays I bring my whole OF in against them and that helps cut down on the bloops. But in general I know the feeling.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »