Home

MLB The Show 22 Patch 16 Adds 2022 Postseason Presentation Packages - Patch Notes

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 22 Patch 16 Adds 2022 Postseason Presentation Packages - Patch Notes within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2022, 03:34 AM   #41
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 22 Patch 16 Adds 2022 Postseason Presentation Packages - Patch Notes

The other thing is the top seed teams are sitting back there doing nothing for just about a week that actually can be a bad thing we will find out soon enough. we will see how momentum can help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2022, 08:02 AM   #42
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB The Show 22 Patch 16 Adds 2022 Postseason Presentation Packages - Patch Notes

Can the discussion about the playoff format and how its impacting this year's postseason move to the Pro Baseball forum please?

I keep seeing this thread have new posts thinking its in regards to the patch, but its about the playoff format

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 10-11-2022, 11:37 AM   #43
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Seems after this patch that the full batter walkup banner is showing more often. Still not every at-bat as I'd wish, but seems to be happening more, especially starting with hitters second plate appearance.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 10-11-2022, 12:04 PM   #44
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Might not be patch related, but last night I saw a cut scene that I hadn't seen before. Ground ball, close play at first, runner beats it out. As the play ended the view seemed to be from the dugout of from the first row above the dugout (first base side), of the throw going back to the pitcher from the 1B, and the runner slowly walking back to first base.
Old 10-11-2022, 12:47 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by decga
I have not made into the play-offs in my franchise yet. What's missing in the format? It looks like they added the 3rd or did they! Did they leave out the 3-games Wildcard series?

Sent from my SM-A125U using Operation Sports mobile app
It's not that it was "left out." The game just was basically finished by the time that rule change occurred.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2022, 12:09 PM   #46
Pro

mrsaito's Arena

OVR: 1

Is anybody seeing any negative impact(s) on gameplay after this patch? I’m a couple of revisions back and the game is playing great for me, but the presentation improvements sound enticing.
Old 10-12-2022, 12:30 PM   #47
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsaito
Is anybody seeing any negative impact(s) on gameplay after this patch? I’m a couple of revisions back and the game is playing great for me, but the presentation improvements sound enticing.
The water is fine...jump on in....
Old 10-12-2022, 02:20 PM   #48
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: MLB The Show 22 Patch 16 Arrives Tomorrow - Patch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3816
I may have to try it out. Currently I am playing with a clean screen, Timing hitting and classic pitching, auto fielding and baserunning. Hall Of Fame difficulty
Human Contact - 6
Human Power - 5
Human Timing - 5
Human Foul Frequency - 4
Human Solid Hits - 4
Human Starter Stamina - 6
Human Reliever Stamina - 5
Human Pitch Control - 5
Human Pitcher Consistency - 5
CPU Contact - 6
CPU Power - 5
CPU Timing - 5
CPU Foul Frequency - 4
CPU Solid Hits - 4
CPU Starter Stamina - 6
CPU Reliever Stamina - 5
CPU Pitcher Control - 5
CPU Pitcher Consistency - 5
CPU Strike Frequency - 5
CPU Manager Hook - 5
CPU Pickoffs - 5
Fastball Pitch Speed - 5
Offspeed Pitch Speed - 5
Fielding Errors Infield - 5
Fielding Errors Outfield - 5
Throwing Errors Infield - 5
Throwing Errors Outfield - 5
Fielder Run Speed –3
Fielder Reaction - 5
Fielder Arm Strength Infield - 5
Fielder Arm Strength Outfield - 5
Baserunner Speed - 5
Baserunner Steal Ability - 6
Baserunner Steal Frequency - 5
Wind - 5
Gameplay Injury Frequency - 5
Simulator Injury Frequency - 5
Trade Frequency - 5

I just returned to the game for the 2nd time after deleting it twice and it seems like the cpu is finally scoring some runs. I have tried defaults and multiple slider sets over the summer and after around 80 games the cpu only scored more than 2 runs a handfull of times. Over the last few days I have played 8 games and they scored 4 or more in all but 1 game. There is hope
I play with a clean screen as well...it's fire. I do like auto fielding w/ manual throwing, auto baserunning. If I could turn off (or at least be able to adjust the appearance (like the batter pci)) every notification, prompt, baserunning diamond, blue fielding circle, XP stuff, etc.., turn off homerun cam, and the game allowed the catcher to complete the animation throwing the ball back to the pitcher 100% of the time, the game would be perfect MLB broadcast representation for me since I pitch and bat from a broadcast cam view. I've been waiting many years so probably not going to happen but leaving hope ...maybe have to wait until it comes to PC and the modders get at it...but don't want to do that because I like the PS5 console I play this on. Ah well, still a 10/10 game and really the only game I play

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »