Home

My 2022 notes for 2023 Franchise and gameplay possible improvements.

This is a discussion on My 2022 notes for 2023 Franchise and gameplay possible improvements. within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2022, 11:49 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
My 2022 notes for 2023 Franchise and gameplay possible improvements.

I play all 162 QC every year since about 2012, I tried when I could to write down throughout the year what I would like to see added, just finished my season (Mets-lost ALDS to SD 3-1):

Franchise:
crowd-low crowds/empty sections/fans mostly in IF oriented seats
rainouts/doubleheaders -27th man decision/games delayed by rain/games started than rained out etc.
ability in game to see: upcoming schedule/expected starting pitchers LH or RH/players fatigue meters
injuries-more day-to-day type/a risk reward system for playing a slightly hurt player/illness type "injuries"/more pregame decisions like -player A is a little tired-not feeling well, aggravated something etc.
a way to somehow integrate the "live game rosters" into franchise for each game. i.e. for every team in every game of franchise the rosters, lineups, updated ratings, positions etc. etc. would be as they were in real life that day-maybe uploading and integrating a file every 2 weeks?/ I would gladly pay for this as some kind of "live franchise" mode
increased Bullpen A.I. by CPU

Gameplay:
quick counts-add 0-0,1-0,0-1 counts
fielding: more imperfect bobbles/over throws/short hop throws/bad routes to fly balls/less OF ability to be in perfect fielding position on hits/can't get a grip animation delay etc.
like the HR rob feature-a foul pop near the stands rob feature-i.e. "will he have room drifting over....reaches out….type foul balls
more drop in bloop type hits i.e. 3 fielders converging type
IF gets too easily to and catches bloops and pop ups over their heads
1B I feel always digs out short hop throws, not realistic
seems no matter the umpire setting, way way more borderline strikes are called balls than vice versa, not realistic
outfielders ability to go back on balls over their heads, as fast as they come in is not realistic
IF cutoffs on extra base hits not optimally aligned, also CPU throws home or 3rd too often w/o any chance of an out, makes taking extra base too easy.
every play at the plate, the throw is either wildly off line, or to the catchers throw side where they do a sweep tag, needs more realistic throw/catch/tag animations.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »