Home

Commentary in mlb 23

This is a discussion on Commentary in mlb 23 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-20-2023, 10:06 AM   #33
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Commentary in mlb 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvantu
Might not be possible because much of the commentary is recorded as single audio files. However, they may be able to offer an option that disables those files entirely, otherwise, even if they had the files separate between the two on their banter sessions, there would be moments where you hear the play by play seem like he was talking to an imaginary friend.

Sent from my moto g stylus (2021) using Tapatalk
That's what I always wondered. How does turning one down not totally mess with:

"And what are your thoughts on today's matchup, Chris?"

*silence*

"That's some wonderful insight right there."
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-20-2023, 10:14 AM   #34
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxatlof
I can't remember how long ago it was, I wanna say it was when Harold Reynolds was part of the booth, but for a year or two they made it so you could individually adjust the volume of all 3 broadcasters voices. I turned everyone all the way down except for Vasgersian. I wish they gave us that option again so I could get Singleton to shut the hell up.
They had this for years, it was great. I would do one man booths for regular season games. Throw a two-man booth in for Prime Time matchups then bring out all three for the playoffs
Old 03-31-2023, 11:45 AM   #35
Rookie

pulseox's Arena

OVR: 1

I see absolutely no difference. Played my first franchise game yesterday...same old tired lines...throwback, no batting gloves, it's a good miss, automatic DP, etc. I turned it off after 1 game. disappointed as far as commentary goes, disappointed that you can't play Negrol leagues, disappointed that the WBC tournament can not be played-it's just a gimmick to buy DD cards. The entire Promo campaign for this game was a pile of misleading BS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2023, 01:47 PM   #36
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulseox
I see absolutely no difference. Played my first franchise game yesterday...same old tired lines...throwback, no batting gloves, it's a good miss, automatic DP, etc. I turned it off after 1 game. disappointed as far as commentary goes, disappointed that you can't play Negrol leagues, disappointed that the WBC tournament can not be played-it's just a gimmick to buy DD cards. The entire Promo campaign for this game was a pile of misleading BS.
While it stinks that these are not separate modes, I would not call the promo campaign misleading. Like it or not, it was directly stated by SDS how both modes would appear in game. You can call it poor marketing for not making the modes fully playable but you can't use misleading because it was implicitly stated how they would appear in game.

Currently Playing:

EA College Football 25 (PS5)
Final Fantasy 7 Remake (PS5)
Pokemon Violet (Switch)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 04-01-2023, 11:44 AM   #37
Rookie

pulseox's Arena

OVR: 1

You are right about the WBC and Negro leagues, I didn't read the "fine print'...but I still see no evidence of any "Improvement" as far as the commentary goes. What did they do, add 1 more sentence somewhere?
Old 04-01-2023, 02:04 PM   #38
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulseox
You are right about the WBC and Negro leagues, I didn't read the "fine print'...but I still see no evidence of any "Improvement" as far as the commentary goes. What did they do, add 1 more sentence somewhere?

As you get further into franchise you’ll hear quite a few new lines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-01-2023, 02:47 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I could do without them rambling about Framber Valdez’s cologne for multiple batters. That’s gotta get old if you’re using an AL West team and face him multiple times per year

For the most part I’m indifferent on commentary, I just wish they could get the commentators to treat spring training games like spring training games. Their commentary would lead you to believe they’re regular season games

Last edited by reyes the roof; 04-01-2023 at 04:09 PM.
Old 04-01-2023, 03:38 PM   #40
Banned

My first game in RTTS it said my players name “signed a free agent deal in the off season”

After clearly getting “drafted”

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »