Home

Made up Promos or Traditions for Franchise Mode Players

This is a discussion on Made up Promos or Traditions for Franchise Mode Players within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2024, 11:37 AM   #1
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23
Made up Promos or Traditions for Franchise Mode Players

Playing a long Franchise mode can be fun but I sometimes like to come up with ideas to keep it fresh. Things that can also help me use more uniforms, play in off stadiums, etc. I'll share mine but I want to see what others have come up with.

1. Throwback Thursdays - Every Thursday game i play I have both teams wear a throwback uniform. It is a great way to ensure I get to see all the uniforms while creating something in my own head cannon. (MLB, I'm ok with you stealing this idea in real life. Would be better than City Connects.)

2. Alternate/Blue Sundays - I play as the Cubs so I call it Blue Sunday where I have them wear their blue alternates on Sundays. I even have in my head cannon there might be one pitcher that won't do. And with the 94 Blue Alternate this year I have an extra option for Blue Sunday.

3. Minor League Major League Showcase Series - When the home team is on the road for a spell I will see if either of my minor league teams are home and play series in the major league park. I will call it a showcase to let the minor leaguers get a feel for the big league park. Another fun way to break things up.

4. Flashback series/game - With stadium creator we have way more classic stadiums than ever before. I will look at who I'm playing and come up with a story that there has been a rebuilt replica of say Ebbets Field or Tiger Stadium and either play a series or a game in said rebuilt replica. (Series if I play the team a lot, game if I still want to see their stadium during the lone series I have with them.) In my head cannon there is a place with rebuilt replica stadiums for these types of series. Again, just fun to break things up.

Those are just some of the different ideas I do during a long Franchise season. What are some of yours?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2024, 05:32 PM   #2
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Made up Promos or Traditions for Franchise Mode Players

July 1. Bobby Bonilla Day.
I sign a free agent to whatever money I can spare, then cut him. I don't really enjoy throwing money away but its a Met tradition, so I feel I should join in the madness too. I have to cut somebody else first to sign a FA, so I have to go with 14 guys at Single A for half a year, but thats alright. It just creates an opening in the off-season for one of my draft picks, so alls good. I just cut a filler D potential player first, no big loss.

If I have a game on September 11, its played at Shea Stadium, regardless if I'm the home team or not.
#44Syracuse
Old 04-23-2024, 07:23 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
I sign a free agent to whatever money I can spare, then cut him. I don't really enjoy throwing money away but its a Met tradition, so I feel I should join in the madness too. I have to cut somebody else first to sign a FA, so I have to go with 14 guys at Single A for half a year, but thats alright. It just creates an opening in the off-season for one of my draft picks, so alls good. I just cut a filler D potential player first, no big loss.

If I have a game on September 11, its played at Shea Stadium, regardless if I'm the home team or not.
thanks, i needed that laugh today!
Old 04-23-2024, 07:24 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescoop
Playing a long Franchise mode can be fun but I sometimes like to come up with ideas to keep it fresh. Things that can also help me use more uniforms, play in off stadiums, etc. I'll share mine but I want to see what others have come up with.

1. Throwback Thursdays - Every Thursday game i play I have both teams wear a throwback uniform. It is a great way to ensure I get to see all the uniforms while creating something in my own head cannon. (MLB, I'm ok with you stealing this idea in real life. Would be better than City Connects.)

2. Alternate/Blue Sundays - I play as the Cubs so I call it Blue Sunday where I have them wear their blue alternates on Sundays. I even have in my head cannon there might be one pitcher that won't do. And with the 94 Blue Alternate this year I have an extra option for Blue Sunday.

3. Minor League Major League Showcase Series - When the home team is on the road for a spell I will see if either of my minor league teams are home and play series in the major league park. I will call it a showcase to let the minor leaguers get a feel for the big league park. Another fun way to break things up.

4. Flashback series/game - With stadium creator we have way more classic stadiums than ever before. I will look at who I'm playing and come up with a story that there has been a rebuilt replica of say Ebbets Field or Tiger Stadium and either play a series or a game in said rebuilt replica. (Series if I play the team a lot, game if I still want to see their stadium during the lone series I have with them.) In my head cannon there is a place with rebuilt replica stadiums for these types of series. Again, just fun to break things up.

Those are just some of the different ideas I do during a long Franchise season. What are some of yours?
this makes me nostalgic for MVP 05. You could set up promotions in franchise and the attendance would change depending on them. Good Times!
Old 04-24-2024, 12:32 PM   #5
MVP

thescoop's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiteLordz
this makes me nostalgic for MVP 05. You could set up promotions in franchise and the attendance would change depending on them. Good Times!
I remember. I think you could in older version of the show as well. But I do enjoy inventing my own as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2024, 12:33 PM   #6
MVP

thescoop's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year

This is awesome. And I love the Sept. 11 one as well. Shame you can't wear the NY departments hats.
Old 04-24-2024, 12:44 PM   #7
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescoop

It's funny you mention this, I do pretty much this exact same thing.
Old 04-24-2024, 01:32 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

I do league-wide throwback days on the 15th of every month because Jackie Robinson Day is the 15th of April and Roberto Clemente Day is the 15th of September.

In April the throwbacks are as close to era-appropriate to the time period that Jackie Robinson played in as possible. In September, it's the same for Clemente. In all other months, I just make a matchup that looks good regardless of era.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »