Home

Anyone from Europe ordered the game? (Traditional thread)

This is a discussion on Anyone from Europe ordered the game? (Traditional thread) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2010, 10:42 AM   #417
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Anyone from Europe ordered the game? (Traditional thread)

DHL Shipping added, thats a relief and now its time to play the waiting game.

Im hopeful like you Ninjoid that at the latest it ships Monday (if not the previous Friday) and we then get it very early in the week of release.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:43 AM   #418
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

Ok guys so what about the pre order stadium deals? Last year I ordered at VG and it was excellent but I'd love to have those classic stadiums right away. Now I canorder via Amazon but I don't know if the pre order deal holds up for Europe customers aswell and if their shipping to europe is fast. Anyone from Europe with Amazon experience ?

Thanks!
Old 01-26-2010, 11:28 AM   #419
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by roolz
DHL Shipping added, thats a relief and now its time to play the waiting game.

Im hopeful like you Ninjoid that at the latest it ships Monday (if not the previous Friday) and we then get it very early in the week of release.
I have now emailed both the customer service and the shipping addresses at VG+ but as of yet no reply and no change to my order, although they have taken the money from my bank and not included any extra shipping charge in it, although i know they can do this seperately as they did so last year.

Hmmm, worrying...come on Sidney, reply man!
Old 01-26-2010, 12:08 PM   #420
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16

Psycho - the only difference is that I do the pre-order pay later thingy-ma-jig with their payment method. You've obvioulsy paid up front.

As you say, it shouldn't be a problem though and I'm sure they'll come through for you.

Roolz - yeah, tell me about it - was saying to my 10yo son about pre-ordering it and getting express delivery..all he wanted to know was if I could order him a psp game off Amazon (UK)...got my own back over the weekend though as he's kept saying "when do you think my psp game will come in the post"...I thought, ah, now you want to talk about deliveries! He understands but in a slightly different, non-baseball way!
Old 01-26-2010, 01:39 PM   #421
Rookie

OVR: 4

I am from Spain, I used to order them in Ebay few days after release the game because of the cheaper price but this time I can`t wait so much time. Maybe I have to check new ways to order it
Is MLB The Show available in Colombia (I have to go there in march) or only in USA? If so, I can buy it there
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2010, 02:07 PM   #422
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjoid
Psycho - the only difference is that I do the pre-order pay later thingy-ma-jig with their payment method. You've obvioulsy paid up front.

As you say, it shouldn't be a problem though and I'm sure they'll come through for you.

Roolz - yeah, tell me about it - was saying to my 10yo son about pre-ordering it and getting express delivery..all he wanted to know was if I could order him a psp game off Amazon (UK)...got my own back over the weekend though as he's kept saying "when do you think my psp game will come in the post"...I thought, ah, now you want to talk about deliveries! He understands but in a slightly different, non-baseball way!
Yeah hopefully they should get back to you Psycho.. I also paid in advance and then got another receipt for the DHL shipping. Probably not wise as now ill have 2x currency conversion charges no doubt from the bank!

Nice story Ninjoid, just goes to show we are all the same whether 10 or 40 years of age... boys and their toys My son is just 10 weeks old atm, so ive got that to come (I say that as he is staring at me in his Forest babygrow thinking why do this to me dad)
Old 01-26-2010, 02:09 PM   #423
Rowengartner

rodperezto's Arena

OVR: 5

Hi, Administrativo,
Not sure if you can get it that easily in Colombia. In Venezuela it's already pretty hard to get it (you have to buy it on ebay-like websites, etc.) and Venezuela is the most baseball-passionate country of that area (excluding the caribbean islands, of course). Colombia, not being a "baseball country", I'm not sure how quickly it'll get there if it ever does. But, who knows! I've never been to Colombia. You should definitely check out the stores.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:49 PM   #424
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by roolz
Nice story Ninjoid, just goes to show we are all the same whether 10 or 40 years of age... boys and their toys My son is just 10 weeks old atm, so ive got that to come (I say that as he is staring at me in his Forest babygrow thinking why do this to me dad)
I've always been the same...often disappointed as nothing has dropped through the door - it's gone on since I've been able to order games in the post...going back 30odd years...

At least this time we've played safe and gone the DHL route so we'll know exactly when it will be arriving - the Madden fiasco of 2 years ago when VG+ changed their shipping method still lives in my memory - that took over 2 weeks to get to me, thankfully they did revert back to Canadian Airmail after that.

But this way we're safe in the knowledge that we can track it this year, joining the DHL shipping veteran Psycho in an orgy of refreshing tracking info pages and posting when our packages have been passed from DHL worker to another - yes, we're sad, but I don't feel alone!

A Forest babygrow - you lads are catching us up in the Championship, we're having a bit of a sticky patch at the moment..I can see us fading a bit now...that's me being me, pessimistic!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »