Home

PS4 Discussion (MLB The Show 14)

This is a discussion on PS4 Discussion (MLB The Show 14) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #81
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: PS4 Discussion (MLB The Show 14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxfan25
I'd love to see durability/injuries get looked into a bit. I said in another thread maybe there should be an energy rating in addition to a durability rating. Too many times I'm sitting guys who really should be out there almost every day. Now that I think back on it, I think the energy rating would be kind of pointless and stupid.

Maybe have an attribute of "Injury prone" and be able to set it to yes or no. That way I don't have to worry about having Pedroia out there with low energy, as opposed to, say, Brian Roberts (assuming his would be set to yes).

OT, if someone has a low durability rating and their energy is low, are they more likely to get injured then someone who has the same energy level but a higher durability rating?
The energy thing has been flawed forever. I wish you could just turn it off. Guys like Cabrera in this game can play about 7 games before they need a rest. In real life, Cabrera has a bad knee, an abdominal injury, can't run, but he still plays every single day. A young player like Iglesias can play every day and every night. He's 23. But in the Show, he needs a rest a few times a month. Big league players don't need 20 games off during the season but in this game they do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #82
Pro

OVR: 24

I think the energy system is fine, but I agree that the attribute that defines resistance to injuries, and the attribute that defines resistance to fatigue, need to be completely separate.

Connecting them makes about as much sense as connecting Bunting Ability and Arm Strength.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:12 PM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
I think the energy system is fine, but I agree that the attribute that defines resistance to injuries, and the attribute that defines resistance to fatigue, need to be completely separate.

Connecting them makes about as much sense as connecting Bunting Ability and Arm Strength.
energy system is not fine. when you play just even the first week of the season, you need to rest all of your guys by the 5th-6th game. thatd never happen. when i play my cards franchise, beltran and holliday are gassed after like 2 games lol. its not realistic in the slightest.

catchers are the only players that get rest like that (yadi doesnt however). you wouldnt be sitting mike trout 5 times a month.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:37 PM   #84
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLJayhawk10
energy system is not fine. when you play just even the first week of the season, you need to rest all of your guys by the 5th-6th game.
No, you don't. YOU just choose to. That's your prerogative. Of everyone that criticizes the energy system, I seriously wonder how many have actually tried refraining from resting their players.

I don't mean to be disrespectful but it's just like in real life. If you want to push your players without rest, you simply need to have the... testosterone... to do it. Ronald McDonald is not going to come down and tell you that you're making the right decision, and welcome you with a golden spotlight, a coca cola, and a warm smile.

Miguel Cabrera is playing in real life because Jim Leyland is prioritizing the goals of the team, at the expense of Cabrera's short term health.

If you want to play Miguel Cabrera every day in The Show, find the courage to do the same. Simple as that.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:45 PM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
No, you don't. YOU just choose to. That's your prerogative. Of everyone that criticizes the energy system, I seriously wonder how many have actually tried refraining from resting their players.

I don't mean to be disrespectful but it's just like in real life. If you want to push your players without rest, you simply need to have the... testosterone... to do it. Ronald McDonald is not going to come down and tell you that you're making the right decision, and welcome you with a golden spotlight, a coca cola, and a warm smile.

Miguel Cabrera is playing in real life because Jim Leyland is prioritizing the goals of the team, at the expense of Cabrera's short term health.

If you want to play Miguel Cabrera every day in The Show, find the courage to do the same. Simple as that.
when i do that they never have any power. they'll just rollover everything. plus they're always slower
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2013, 07:15 PM   #86
Pro

metsfan4life1's Arena

OVR: 10

I'd like to see the 20-80 grading scale on tools for Propsects.. That's exciting. I'd also like to see like scouting reports on prospects.. Maybe even ones we make we could just add a few notes on the tools and it'd make it feel more realistic when looking at Propsects and what they bring.. It'd be more of a visualization kind of thing than meaning something.. But they added new things to scouting last year, so this isn't too far out there, at least in my opionion.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:18 PM   #87
Pro

metsfan4life1's Arena

OVR: 10

And stats.. The game needs much more statics and data for us to look at.. We can all agree the two major things that make a baseball game( presentation wise) is stats and commentary. Commentary I can get over because I'm not focussed on it.. But I'd love to get different count tid bits like what a player hits when the count is 2-0 and things like that. Also what a players history is against a certain pitcher and having it actually mean something.. Don't know how they'd make that work, but again it's fun to think about.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:37 PM   #88
Pro

What exactly is the 20-80 system? The only thing I know about those numbers is that my credit score probably falls between them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »