Home

PS4 Discussion (MLB The Show 14)

This is a discussion on PS4 Discussion (MLB The Show 14) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2013, 04:58 PM   #57
Rookie

cdaw022207's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PS4 Discussion (MLB The Show 14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by assclown25
A. Not enough doubles on balls hit down the baselines!
Agree with this 100%, hit a ball into the corner with Reyes last night and ended up with a single, it was right down the left field line and the fielder cut it off, with his speed it should be an automatic double!
Old 08-15-2013, 09:59 PM   #58
Rookie

Unit303's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm just looking for a bug free game with franchise improved at 1080p 60fps with good AA for once. That is all I want out of this coming year's version.

And uniform corrections for the love of god. Put the stripe on the Twins grey uniforms .
Old 08-16-2013, 04:06 PM   #59
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

The way things get in the later years of Franchise/RTTS needs to be seriously looked at.

Things like:
- 33 year old rookies (every year, and many of them)
- 350 avg and 180 RBI being the norm
- Contract numbers being way too low, most players aren't even making 1M

And that's just a couple problems, none of these things were issues in other versions of the show, hopefully this can be fixed for next years game.

Old 08-16-2013, 07:09 PM   #60
Rookie

Ligeann Dul Coileain's Arena

OVR: 0

I wouldn't mind seeing the trade deadline handled the way that it is in the NHL franchise (as least as of NHL 12).

In that series the trade deadline triggers a mini-game in which a certain number of offers come in per hour. Once you review, accept, or decline those offers you are then allowed to make a certain number of offers within that hour as well or choose to advance to the next hour. This continues for approximately four to five cycles (hours) until the deadline passes.

It helps to make trade deadline trading feel distinctive from trades at other points in the season and brings a sense of urgency to the whole situation as well.

For instance, now at the trade deadline in The Show you can stop the simulation and make 100's of different combinations of offers to various teams to acquire whoever you want. In the NHL version of the deadline, the player you really want stands the chance of going to a team willing to meet the original team's price because trade simulation is going on even though game simulation is not.

If team X offers me a deal for player X (who I would love to have) I better not screw around too much or team X will actively search for another home for that player. It makes me take the computer's offers a little more seriously as final offers instead of starting points for endless trade discussions.

It does not allow me to play with the system by limiting the number of offers I can make right at the deadline which adds a bit more to the pressure when reviewing or making offers.

In in a vaguely related note, I am also in favor of seeing the number of players possible in a trade jump up from the current 3 and having the option to include cash or eat some of a larger contract would be nice as well.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:59 PM   #61
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligeann Dul Coileain
I wouldn't mind seeing the trade deadline handled the way that it is in the NHL franchise (as least as of NHL 12).

In that series the trade deadline triggers a mini-game in which a certain number of offers come in per hour. Once you review, accept, or decline those offers you are then allowed to make a certain number of offers within that hour as well or choose to advance to the next hour. This continues for approximately four to five cycles (hours) until the deadline passes.

It helps to make trade deadline trading feel distinctive from trades at other points in the season and brings a sense of urgency to the whole situation as well.

For instance, now at the trade deadline in The Show you can stop the simulation and make 100's of different combinations of offers to various teams to acquire whoever you want. In the NHL version of the deadline, the player you really want stands the chance of going to a team willing to meet the original team's price because trade simulation is going on even though game simulation is not.

If team X offers me a deal for player X (who I would love to have) I better not screw around too much or team X will actively search for another home for that player. It makes me take the computer's offers a little more seriously as final offers instead of starting points for endless trade discussions.

It does not allow me to play with the system by limiting the number of offers I can make right at the deadline which adds a bit more to the pressure when reviewing or making offers.

In in a vaguely related note, I am also in favor of seeing the number of players possible in a trade jump up from the current 3 and having the option to include cash or eat some of a larger contract would be nice as well.
While I don't fully understand your explanation, that seems like a system that should be in place all season long, and not just on trade deadline days. Either way though it sounds interesting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2013, 04:01 AM   #62
MVP

Shaffer26's Arena

OVR: 14

Off the top of my head:

1. Better ball physics/hit variety
  2. Generated pitch counts!!!!!
  3. Create a stadium
  4. More accessories/have different webbing choices for the gloves
  5. No more "washed out" coloring
Old 08-17-2013, 08:57 AM   #63
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

1.Create a Stadium

2. All Classic + Current Uniforms

3. Full Espn Or MLB Presentation or allow Custom Uploading to edit the scoreboard.

4. Possible Short length Brawls ( allowing a 1 minute punch exchange + ejection )

5. interviews with players or star players of the tam before and after the game.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:05 AM   #64
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormsWarning
4. Possible Short length Brawls ( allowing a 1 minute punch exchange + ejection )
Out of all the ridiculous things that I've read in this thread, this has to be the worst. This will never happen in the game, ever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »