Home

ps4 controller's touch pad and The Show

This is a discussion on ps4 controller's touch pad and The Show within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2014, 10:39 PM   #1
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

OVR: 0
ps4 controller's touch pad and The Show

I'm curious on if Mlb 14 will utilize the touch pad on the ps4 controller and what they will use it for. I think it would be cool if they use the touch pad for drag bunts (swiping the pad in the direction you want to lay down the ball, or use it for pickoff attempts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2014, 11:01 PM   #2
Banned

Clarke99's Arena

Re: ps4 controller's touch pad and The Show

I would like the pad to be the new pitcher option menu for bullpen management personally but well see
Old 02-06-2014, 11:04 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke99
I would like the pad to be the new pitcher option menu for bullpen management personally but well see
i was thinking the same thing when i first saw the thread name.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:07 PM   #4
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke99
Do you mean pressing it? The issue with that is with the DS4 missing a button the DS3 had, Select, it now has the share button. The touchpad press is what replaces Select, so I'd assume whatever the Select button did in MLB 13, it would be remapped to the touchpad press.

Anything they do add to the touchpad, gameplay wise, would be optional I'd assume. They've always had new control options be optional so whatever they do I'm not really worried about it. I doubt I'd use the touchpad for anything if there is a direct button input given to be as an option, but some stuff, like drag butting suggested, could be a fun novelty the first time you do it.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:09 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Do you mean pressing it? The issue with that is with the DS4 missing a button the DS3 had, Select, it now has the share button. The touchpad press is what replaces Select, so I'd assume whatever the Select button did in MLB 13, it would be remapped to the touchpad press.

Anything they do add to the touchpad, gameplay wise, would be optional I'd assume. They've always had new control options be optional so whatever they do I'm not really worried about it. I doubt I'd use the touchpad for anything if there is a direct button input given to be as an option, but some stuff, like drag butting suggested, could be a fun novelty the first time you do it.
The select button i believe was the pitcher/batter analysis. It'd be interesting to see if they do that with the pad and how they use the pad for navigation with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2014, 11:10 PM   #6
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

I think they are using it for a couple of players only, unfortunately. But if you are Red Sox fan you can rub the touch pad, and Buchholz or Lester will doctor the ball in real time!

Spoiler

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

YouTube

Old 02-07-2014, 12:19 AM   #7
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
I think they are using it for a couple of players only, unfortunately. But if you are Red Sox fan you can rub the touch pad, and Buchholz or Lester will doctor the ball in real time!

Spoiler

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
Loll. This board has had some funny comments recently

Old 02-07-2014, 01:06 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 12

There are a lot of things they can do with it. You could use it to make your fielders dive, base runners slide, choose pitch location, choose the spin on the ball (curve, slider, etc.), fielders throw, drag bunts, swings...

Highly doubt they build that much functionality into the game, but I'm sure it will be utilized in gameplay somehow, someday.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »