Home

PS4 stadiums built from scratch!!! speculations and hopes

This is a discussion on PS4 stadiums built from scratch!!! speculations and hopes within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2014, 12:16 AM   #25
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: PS4 stadiums built from scratch!!! speculations and hopes

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHarmo88
I completely understand what you're saying and it makes sense. But, as a season ticket holder at PNC, the representation of the city in the PS3 version of the game, does not accurately reflect real life. If madden can get it right with heinz at night, SCEA can surely get it right.
Oh, I never said the PS3 version got it right. I'm just saying that it wouldn't look quite the same inside the stadium as it would outside the stadium.

I think they'll get it fairly close to right. People here have some expectations of what this game will look like, and in my mind there is a completely different look that revolves much more around "atmosphere" being correct. I think people will be wowed, including myself.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2014, 12:26 AM   #26
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I don't think that will be the middle ground....I think that will be it...
When?....

M.K.
Knight165
I mean a middle ground between those who expect fully functioning retractable roofs and those who don't mind going without it. Satisfies the first group and impresses the second.

It would be damn impressive if they added in functioning roofs with their lighting engine, but that seems like a fever dream at this point.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:35 AM   #27
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
I mean a middle ground between those who expect fully functioning retractable roofs and those who don't mind going without it. Satisfies the first group and impresses the second.

It would be damn impressive if they added in functioning roofs with their lighting engine, but that seems like a fever dream at this point.
Ahh...I see.
Yeah......I guess it's possible...but like you say....it might be a bit of a stretch.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-13-2014, 12:38 AM   #28
Rookie

zrtelford's Arena

OVR: 3

Oh also Kinda related is having better entrances from the bullpen, showing the reliever run out from the outfield would be a nice touch...I mean you could click X and skip after the billionth time seeing it, but having it there, that's a little more immersion. I think as it was in 13' they just kinda skipped to them on the mound. like I said that is sorta related.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:57 AM   #29
Banned

Clarke99's Arena

OVR: 0

Some cool ideas, I'd like retractable roofs but not overly convinced that's happening anytime soon.
I 100% agree with the outside the stadium ambiance, more things like statues and what makes every ballpark unique its odd that MLB 06!!! had an outside preview of stadiums but never once on PS3 did we see that.

As for my own bone to pick, after being to Cleveland last summer twice there is a food market in centre field behind the Indians Hall of Fame (which also could use some detail) and as well the Progressive SUV that's in front of the Center Field Bar.
Also if they were to do the Ambiance thing there is a very nice picnic area outside of the team shop and in Detroit theres the Kids area with the Carousel.
Old 02-13-2014, 01:11 AM   #30
Pro

Sco291's Arena

OVR: 4

I've been asking for the exterior shots of stadium for years now haha. Seeing just a panorama type shot, or fans walking in, or just a medium-to-slow-pan on the exterior of the stadium.

I expect to see blimp shots this year...especially at night, maybe on sunday nights if thats something they'd be able to do. I think the game needs to immerse the stadium more into the presentation, along with outside surrounding neighborhoods/buildings/streets with cars going by, to add to the feeling of "big game tonight, and then seeing wow look at all the activity outside the stadium".

I guess like, just that feeling of there's actually life outside of the stadium and not just a stadium created with the thought of nothing on the outside. If that makes any sense to anyone haha
Old 02-13-2014, 01:31 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 7

For US Cellular Field, I'd like to see actual stat line on the LED scoreboard on the batters eye, and not just scrolling logos. It's a bigger deal than most stadium details because it's ALWAYS in the view.

And a minor thing, but something that would help the stadium feel more real is if the grass had the lines in it like it does in real life. The Sox have the best groundskeeper in American sports, yet our field in The Show looks pale and the lines are all sloppy. But other than that, it doesn't look too bad. Here is comparison shots....

Real US Cellular Field:

The Show '13 US Cellular Field:

EDIT: Also, a real stat LED board in LF with the lineups would be nice, instead of just "WELCOME TO US CELLULAR FIELD"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2014, 01:34 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24
For US Cellular Field, I'd like to see actual stat line on the LED scoreboard on the batters eye, and not just scrolling logos. It's a bigger deal than most stadium details because it's ALWAYS in the view.

And a minor thing, but something that would help the stadium feel more real is if the grass had the lines in it like it does in real life. The Sox have the best groundskeeper in American sports, yet our field in The Show looks pale and the lines are all sloppy. But other than that, it doesn't look too bad. Here is comparison shots....

Real US Cellular Field:

The Show '13 US Cellular Field:

EDIT: Also, a real stat LED board in LF with the lineups would be nice, instead of just "WELCOME TO US CELLULAR FIELD"
All good ideas considering you didn't mention the most obvious problem with US Cellular. Since they are rebuilding the stadiums from scratch it all shouldn't be a problem!!!
Gal 2:20

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »