Home

PS4 stadiums built from scratch!!! speculations and hopes

This is a discussion on PS4 stadiums built from scratch!!! speculations and hopes within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2014, 03:00 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: PS4 stadiums built from scratch!!! speculations and hopes

YANKEE STADIUM

1. The elevated train needs to continuously pass by the stadium. Not stop, then start up again.

2. All scoreboards need to be dynamic

3. Black net covering monument park

4. Team flags around the top of the stadium showing division standings

5. Dynamic LED ribbon board that shows real time stats, and ads (fake ones obviously)

6. Actual Bleachers, in the bleacher section

7. Accurate Homerun sirens/ sounds (example: the chimes every time Yankees score a run) NBA 2K does a fantastic job with actual PA announcers, stadium specific sounds) Sounds of the Show were great, but had bugs where your custom sounds would play over the generic sounds.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:35 PM   #58
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Well, still no bleachers at AT&T Park. Probably not at Wrigley then, either.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-13-2014, 03:49 PM   #59
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Well, still no bleachers at AT&T Park. Probably not at Wrigley then, either.
I'm not sure what "built from the ground up" means as far as a difference between a ps3 stadium and a ps4 stadium. From the "beard pic" Fenway doesn't scream "built from the ground up". If you look at the ps3 and ps4, if they completely redid the stadium and that's what they ended up with, they prob should have ported stadiums and updated textures. They prob could have saved some time

Last edited by HealyMonster; 02-13-2014 at 03:57 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:56 PM   #60
Rookie

shaneomac's Arena

OVR: 2

I just want classic stadiums to be in the ps4 version and playable in franchise mode. Really I just want Old Yankee stadium and Shea Stadium in. I could care less about the others.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:40 PM   #61
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealyMonster
I'm not sure what "built from the ground up" means as far as a difference between a ps3 stadium and a ps4 stadium. From the "beard pic" Fenway doesn't scream "built from the ground up". If you look at the ps3 and ps4, if they completely redid the stadium and that's what they ended up with, they prob should have ported stadiums and updated textures. They prob could have saved some time
Well, some of that also seems like it would be largely foundational (as I expect most of the year one implementation will be...remember, they are not only trying to set up their entire run on a generation of consoles, but also not step back feature-wise as well) to make future add-ons/adjustments easier to implement.

Plus, from the interview and write up earlier, it sounds like they main thing with the rebuild was the base physics and geometry of the stadiums-importing more 3 dimensional surfaces for more realistic structure and interaction, etc. That's not something that's going to show up very well in still shots (especially the zoomed out ones you posted).

In fact, just from similarly comparing console games to PC for so many years, the kind of differences I expect we'll see from PS3 to PS4 in general won't really jump out as significant or "wow worthy" until we see it in motion anyway (which, unfortunately, I'm thinking could be awhile if the game isn't releasing until whenever in May).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2014, 06:41 PM   #62
Rookie

CSUFresnoClassof2011's Arena

OVR: 0

I would love to have the Bleacher Creatures doing the Roll Call at Yankee Stadium, Sweet Caroline being sung at Fenway, the seventh inning stretch at Wrigley. Little things like that would be awesome.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:52 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSUFresnoClassof2011
I would love to have the Bleacher Creatures doing the Roll Call at Yankee Stadium, Sweet Caroline being sung at Fenway, the seventh inning stretch at Wrigley. Little things like that would be awesome.
At least I have the Neil Diamond version on the old games at fenway.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:09 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealyMonster

I thought the same thing. And from those pictures, the OLD Fenway actually looks better to me in terms of colors and sharpness. The new version has like neon bright colors and looks fake. Obviously we've seen the closeups of the stadium paint a different picture, but the color scheme looks weird in that picture.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »