Home

MLB 14 The Show Screenshots (PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Screenshots (PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2014, 05:44 PM   #57
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: MLB 14 The Show Screenshots (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
LOL! The stamp is pretty funny.

But I'm not sure why people are liking a post about leaving what amounts as a glitch in the game?

Of course, my sarcasm detector needs new batteries, so perhaps Ramone was joking? I guess we'll see soon enough!
Old 02-18-2014, 05:55 PM   #58
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains

But I'm not sure why people are liking a post about leaving what amounts as a glitch in the game?

Of course, my sarcasm detector needs new batteries, so perhaps Ramone was joking? I guess we'll see soon enough!
They obviously wear sweaty caps themselves, isn't it obvious?
Old 02-18-2014, 06:04 PM   #59
Rookie

ChadNikk's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
They obviously wear sweaty caps themselves, isn't it obvious?
Sweaty hats are obviously a part of the game. Sweat-stained hats is number 7 on Bleacher Report's "Ten Worst Looks in Major League Baseball" list. Since it is part of the game, I am guessing that is why SCEA chooses to show the sweat on hats.

MLB and its cap manufacturer, New Era, say the new fabric is designed to "wick" away sweat and evaporate it while reducing the stains, odor, shrinkage and fading that come with wool. - USAToday.com

Key words, "reducing" not eliminating. That's why the sweat stains on the hats do not bother me. To add some realism, the hats could gradually become more saturated with sweat throughout the game (as someone else already suggested), but I don't see a need to do away with sweaty hats all together.
Old 02-18-2014, 06:11 PM   #60
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Nope it's staying the same.
Old 02-18-2014, 06:12 PM   #61
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:

How does it amount to a glitch? I'm genuinely curious.

I don't care either way (not attached to it, nor am I distracted by it...in fact, I am really only ever reminded of it on here ), but I always viewed it as simply a form of artistic license.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2014, 06:15 PM   #62
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

No you are right in the end. It is quite odd to see it all the time in the game, but its one of those things that I feel will get changed...when they change it. Even something as simple as, sunny day games= sweat, cold night games= less sweat would be fine with me. As long as its not all the time sweatsville.
Old 02-18-2014, 06:15 PM   #63
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadNikk
Sweaty hats are obviously a part of the game. Sweat-stained hats is number 7 on Bleacher Report's "Ten Worst Looks in Major League Baseball" list. Since it is part of the game, I am guessing that is why SCEA chooses to show the sweat on hats.

MLB and its cap manufacturer, New Era, say the new fabric is designed to "wick" away sweat and evaporate it while reducing the stains, odor, shrinkage and fading that come with wool. - USAToday.com

Key words, "reducing" not eliminating. That's why the sweat stains on the hats do not bother me. To add some realism, the hats could gradually become more saturated with sweat throughout the game (as someone else already suggested), but I don't see a need to do away with sweaty hats all together.
This is NOT how it currently works (in 13 at least). Put the game in if I'm not making sense.

In 13; all players, at all times, in all weather conditions, have sweat stains on their hats.

Even when it's raining.

Even when it's 40 degrees.

Even in inning 1. Or inning 3. Or 9.

It's permanent.

It's a glitch, or an oversight. Not sure why this isn't making sense? I'm not debating sweat glands here. LOL!
Old 02-18-2014, 06:36 PM   #64
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadNikk

Not sure why you're responding to my tongue-in-cheek post when Heroes is the one who brought it up, but I'll respond anyway... If I sweated out one of my hats I would get a new one, and I'd imagine the same applies to MLB players (especially the younger ones) since, you know, they get them for free and all

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »