Home

PS4 The Show 14 - Trade Logic Improved?

This is a discussion on PS4 The Show 14 - Trade Logic Improved? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2014, 02:03 AM   #9
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PS4 The Show 14 - Trade Logic Improved?

The big issue, at least for me, I'm sure others have their own gripes about the trade logic...Is how terribly undervalued top prospects are to their teams.

Its why when I read something like this in one of the dev blogs I get excited

Quote:
...so forget about lopsided trades involving three top prospects for an average major league middle reliever.
but then realize it was only added to online franchise.

Given how they described the new logic in the blog it shows they know the trade logic is lacking which means it should improve in the future, but its really sad to me that offline franchise did not get whatever new logic which was created for online franchise. I understand how it happened, but it doesn't make it any less sad to me.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:01 AM   #10
Banned

ZealousMonkey's Arena

Honestly, I am mostly supporting this first year for fun. I will only more than likely do a season on this version when the OS rosters hit and that is about it. I expect 15 to make some pretty big strides though.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:52 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Again
Trade logic for the A.I. will always be as flawed as human trade logic is. See the Red Sox giving Jeff Bagwell for Larry Anderson or the Phillies sending Ryne Sandberg AND Larry Bowa for Ivan DeJesus or Toronto dealing Michael Young for Estaban Loaiza or any other of a hundred head scratching trades.
Dumbest thing I've heard all day. Just a few minutes ago Cubs trade Kris Bryant and Javier Baez to the Reds for Sean Marshall!! That's realistic!! So the re-building Cubs trade their two top blue chip prospects for a veteran relief pitcher who they had a few years ago! This game is unplayable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2014, 02:00 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by decga
Question to you my friend. How can they fix it? Give them suggestions to fix the trade logic. All I hear is complaints!
Um, well lets start with giving the user the option of turning trades off during rtts.. Some might think this is unrealstic, but it's much more realistic then rebuilding teams trading all f their top prospects for over the hill veterans. No other sport game has these type of issues so why is it an issue with mlb the show? NHL 14's trades are turned way down and the trades are realistic..

If Madden had trades like MLB the show they would look like this.. Packers trade Aaron Rodgers, Clay Matthews, and Jordy Nelson to the Patriots for Aaron Hernandez.. while he's in jail.. Even though the Pats already have Tom Brady.

You see teams in mlb the Show with three all-stars at one position and trade a top prospect to get them.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:25 AM   #13
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by decga
Question to you my friend. How can they fix it? Give them suggestions to fix the trade logic. All I hear is complaints!
costumers shouldn't be in charge to fix the product they are buying

generally real life and in game trade logic are both flawed in their own ways, while in game its even a bit worse than in reality imo.. if it's really that hard to fix, which i could imagine it to be, then giving us an option to decrease trade frequency (while not turning it off completely) would be nice for a start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealousMonkey
Honestly, I am mostly supporting this first year for fun. I will only more than likely do a season on this version when the OS rosters hit and that is about it. I expect 15 to make some pretty big strides though.
I have bigger hopes for 16 actually, not sure when 15 for the ps4 will come out but I suppose rather a bit earlier than this year. that would give them less than the regular 12 months to work on the 2016 version. and at the same time probably the ps3 version will still play a pretty big role next year.

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 04-10-2014, 12:06 PM   #14
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA
Dumbest thing I've heard all day. Just a few minutes ago Cubs trade Kris Bryant and Javier Baez to the Reds for Sean Marshall!! That's realistic!! So the re-building Cubs trade their two top blue chip prospects for a veteran relief pitcher who they had a few years ago! This game is unplayable.
"unplayable" is really just an overused word for annoying

Old 04-10-2014, 12:35 PM   #15
MVP

I don't interfere with trades between cpu controlled teams but I do have self imposed restrictions on my own trades with the cpu which seriously restrict my ability to acquire the players I want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2014, 09:59 AM   #16
Just started!

This game's trade logic is severely flawed, as it has been since the series' inception. For example, I was able to get Dominic Brown, Chase Utley, and Ryan Howard in exchange for a C potential relief pitching prospect.

I traded Fernando Rodney for Matt Holliday, a 81 rated B potential pitching prospect, and Randy Choate.

I traded Cano for Puig and Ryu..... that is probably not as ridiculous as the others, but it is close.

As you see, I am the Mariners right now. I was able to fleece the Phillies for the same group of players when I tried out a Giants franchise, also.

These are just some examples of how terrible the trade logic is. It ALMOST ruins the game for me. It is sad, because the game is otherwise the best sports sim I've ever seen on a console. I struggle with it, because what good GM wouldn't make those moves if he could? Therefore, I take advantage of the computer and make the trades and just live with it.

Still, there has to be a way to fix the logic. Madden, a franchise that has gotten farther and farther away from realism, has better trade logic than The Show. NBA 2k14 has pretty good trade logic as well.

I'm not saying it has to be perfect, but don't let me turn the Mariners lineup into murderer's row in a month. My current lineup vs RHP

1. Starlin Castro
2. Kyle Seager
3. Matt Holliday
4. Ryan Howard
5. Yasiel Puig
6. Dominic Brown
7. Chase Utley
8. Jesus Montero
9. Ben Revere

bench
Shelley Duncan - backup OF/1b/dH
Justin Smoak - backup 1B/DH