Home

PS4 The Show 14 - Trade Logic Improved?

This is a discussion on PS4 The Show 14 - Trade Logic Improved? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2014, 02:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
PS4 The Show 14 - Trade Logic Improved?

The Show is the most realistic and in-depth sports video game franchise that I've ever played. Improved graphics, enhanced audio, and tweaked ball physics are critical ingredients for game sales. Yet, I am disappointed every year about how the CPU Trade Logic (or lack thereof). It is very annoying to self-manage trades for all teams...

Does anyone know if The Show '14 will feature improved CPU trade logic?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2014, 02:19 PM   #2
Banned

Clarke99's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PS4 The Show 14 - Trade Logic Improved?

Yes according to PSnation podcast, and also Wrong section of forum
Old 02-15-2014, 03:14 PM   #3
Rookie

Born Again's Arena

Trade logic for the A.I. will always be as flawed as human trade logic is. See the Red Sox giving Jeff Bagwell for Larry Anderson or the Phillies sending Ryne Sandberg AND Larry Bowa for Ivan DeJesus or Toronto dealing Michael Young for Estaban Loaiza or any other of a hundred head scratching trades.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:45 PM   #4
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comp625
The Show is the most realistic and in-depth sports video game franchise that I've ever played. Improved graphics, enhanced audio, and tweaked ball physics are critical ingredients for game sales. Yet, I am disappointed every year about how the CPU Trade Logic (or lack thereof). It is very annoying to self-manage trades for all teams...

I think every year they tweak trade logic, so my guess is this year they did again. I dont think it will ever be perfect, as I am sure its something that very hard to code into any sport game. Thankfully we have the ability to control all teams, without having to actually control everything with every team. Not sure why a lot of people struggle to understand that by using 30 team control does not mean you have to control everything involved with each organization. You can do as much or as little as you want, and imo if you like your franchise to replicate real life or close to it the only way to go is 30 team control. What I do is leave everything to auto but watch trades offered and if I dont thing its realistic I nix it before it happens.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 02-16-2014, 01:37 AM   #5
Rookie

riotmonster's Arena

I was so happy when they fixed retirements, and I'll be even more happy when the trade logic is greatly improved.

Trades are so out of control that on multiple occasions I've had to turn CPU trades off until around the all star break. Maybe there should be a slider for trade frequency.

Last edited by riotmonster; 02-16-2014 at 01:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2014, 04:38 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comp625

No, the trade logic is as bad as ever. This has been an issue for the last 7 years and they have been too lazy to fix the issue. I play rtts 95% of the time and the unrealistic trades has ruined the game forever for me. It's just way too frustrating to play.
Old 04-06-2014, 04:43 PM   #7
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
I think every year they tweak trade logic, so my guess is this year they did again. I dont think it will ever be perfect, as I am sure its something that very hard to code into any sport game. Thankfully we have the ability to control all teams, without having to actually control everything with every team. Not sure why a lot of people struggle to understand that by using 30 team control does not mean you have to control everything involved with each organization. You can do as much or as little as you want, and imo if you like your franchise to replicate real life or close to it the only way to go is 30 team control. What I do is leave everything to auto but watch trades offered and if I dont thing its realistic I nix it before it happens.
So I can just control the trade aspect of it? That would be nice. Thanks.

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock
Old 04-07-2014, 12:21 AM   #8
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA
No, the trade logic is as bad as ever. This has been an issue for the last 7 years and they have been too lazy to fix the issue. I play rtts 95% of the time and the unrealistic trades has ruined the game forever for me. It's just way too frustrating to play.
Question to you my friend. How can they fix it? Give them suggestions to fix the trade logic. All I hear is complaints!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »