Home

Classic stadiums

This is a discussion on Classic stadiums within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2014, 10:47 AM   #1
Rookie

Dodgersnlakers109's Arena

OVR: 2
Classic stadiums

Will PS4 have the classic stadiums? I hope so because in 13 some of the classic stadiums needed to be touched up a little bit... was also hoping for a Ebbets Field Old Yankee stadium ect
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2014, 10:58 AM   #2
Rookie

Born Again's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Classic stadiums

I saw Rusell SCEA like a post where the poster was saying classic stadiums would probably NOT be in the ps4 Show FWIW
Old 02-16-2014, 01:19 PM   #3
Rookie

Dodgersnlakers109's Arena

OVR: 2

damn kind of disappointing
Old 02-16-2014, 06:09 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4
Smile Re: Classic stadiums

You can forget Sony ever adding classic stadiums in their game. They just don't care about the "historical" part of the game. There has been several items that people keep asking about, but are never added. They always have an excuse - memory, time etc. Items a lot of people want, but have never come to pass:
1.) Classic stadiums - six done, but only Polo Grounds were done well - none for PS4
2.) Legend players - taken out several years ago
3.) Dynamic weather with rain-outs
4.) Opening and closing of domes
5.) Many other items too numerous to list
I find this year's version of The Show completely underwhelming! The things added, I could care less. I, for one, will not be buying a PS4 to play this game! Fan-boys would "rave" about it , even if they did a roster update only.

SONY NEEDS COMPETITION!
Old 02-16-2014, 07:01 PM   #5
Rookie

zfarrow's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by playball
I find this year's version of The Show completely underwhelming! The things added, I could care less. I, for one, will not be buying a PS4 to play this game! Fan-boys would "rave" about it , even if they did a roster update only.
Sorry, but I don't know how you can say this, seeing as you don't even know what's going to be in this year's game. It's fine if you are disappointed about things that we already know won't be in the game (classic stadiums, open/closed roofs, etc), but the full feature list isn't out and we don't even have a single gameplay video yet. It seems a little early to make such a decisive judgement call.

If you find it underwhelming in late April then it will be a different story, but just wait and see, you might be surprised
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2014, 07:05 PM   #6
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
You can forget Sony ever adding classic stadiums in their game. They just don't care about the "historical" part of the game. There has been several items that people keep asking about, but are never added. They always have an excuse - memory, time etc. Items a lot of people want, but have never come to pass:
1.) Classic stadiums - six done, but only Polo Grounds were done well - none for PS4
2.) Legend players - taken out several years ago
on of The Show completely underwhelming! The things added, I could care less. I, for one, will not be buying a PS4 to play this game! Fan-boys would "rave" about it , even if they did a roster update only.

SONY NEEDS COMPETITION!
First of all the full fact sheet comes out tomorrow so don't judge it yet by the small information we do have. It's fine if you don't like the game or won't buy it but don't bash it when we don't even have all of the information on it yet. Second of all classic stadiums and legendary players cost a lot of $$$. Classic stadiums would be awesome but it's not really worth it for them to spend that money on a bunch of stadiums that most people will hardly use, instead of putting that money towards things in the game that actually need changing. SCEA isn't not putting classic stadiums and legendary players in the game to spite the people who want them hahaha. They have significant reasons why it's not included. You should be happy that SCEA has the best player editor in sports video games and that the people on this site who dedicate a lot of time into making historic rosters share them with us. Yes the game has it's faults, but at least the ones they do have aren't major issues that completely ruin the game.

As for the other things on your list, open and closed roofs will be in next year, and I'd be willing to bet that dynamic weather (maybe not rainouts) will be included at some point. They've already stated that rain outs can change the entire dynamic of making the game. It's very hard to implement because if one thing is wrong, it can break another. All in all they obviously have reasons they don't include certain things. If this was EA I wouldn't buy into their reasoning, but this is SCEA. The same team who prior to this year had community days where a few guys from this site attended. Through our OS community members we provided feedback and suggestions, to improve the game on the spot. I don't know any other video game dev teams that do that.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 02-16-2014 at 07:11 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:16 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4
Exclamation Re: Classic stadiums

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
First of all the full fact sheet comes out tomorrow so don't judge it yet by the small information we do have. It's fine if you don't like the game or won't buy it but don't bash it when we don't even have all of the information on it yet. Second of all classic stadiums and legendary players cost a lot of $$$. Classic stadiums would be awesome but it's not really worth it for them to spend that money on a bunch of stadiums that most people will hardly use, instead of putting that money towards things in the game that actually need changing. SCEA isn't not putting classic stadiums and legendary players in the game to spite the people who want them hahaha. They have significant reasons why it's not included. You should be happy that SCEA has the best player editor in sports video games and that the people on this site who dedicate a lot of time into making historic rosters share them with us. Yes the game has it's faults, but at least the ones they do have aren't major issues that completely ruin the game.

As for the other things on your list, open and closed roofs will be in next year, and I'd be willing to bet that dynamic weather (maybe not rainouts) will be included at some point. They've already stated that rain outs can change the entire dynamic of making the game. It's very hard to implement because if one thing is wrong, it can break another. All in all they obviously have reasons they don't include certain things. If this was EA I wouldn't buy into their reasoning, but this is SCEA. The same team who prior to this year had community days where a few guys from this site attended. Through our OS community members we provided feedback and suggestions, to improve the game on the spot. I don't know any other video game dev teams that do that.
I don't BUY any big company reasoning!! It took Sony two or three years just to add home run derby. There are even too lazy to change the announcing crew, after all these years. This would have been a great time to change. Don't give me any of that fan-boy logic!
Old 02-16-2014, 11:35 PM   #8
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
I don't BUY any big company reasoning!! It took Sony two or three years just to add home run derby. There are even too lazy to change the announcing crew, after all these years. This would have been a great time to change. Don't give me any of that fan-boy logic!
Yet again another thing you want happens to involve big money. These developers aren't feeding us BS. Completely re-doing the announcers costs money and a ton of time. I'm no fan boy of this game, but yes I am a massive fan of it. Why? Because it's no question the best sports game on the market. I have no problem saying something is poor about it. None at all. Fielding is one of the main problems I have. Hopefully that will be better this year. However, when none of the things other than fielding (which isn't really broken) involve gameplay it's pretty hard to complain. Go try and find any other game out there that is basically flawless in the gameplay department. NBA is your closest bet.

Unless you are a developer for some gaming company how would you even know what they can and cannot do? The most any of us can go off of is their word. Whether you believe it or not is your own problem. I and many others will continue having a great time playing this game.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »