Home

Old 02-23-2014, 01:32 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 20
Re: Weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
The only thing I want for weather wise in the show is real time cloud coverage, I would like to see the clouds moving across the sky, casting shadows and having light break thru the clouds causing it to become dark and bright when the clouds past by the sun.
Dying for this. And they need to add the random airplane and helicopter to the ambient audio. Those two factors together would knock socks off and virtually complete the esthetic package.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2014, 11:57 AM   #42
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
The only thing I want for weather wise in the show is real time cloud coverage, I would like to see the clouds moving across the sky, casting shadows and having light break thru the clouds causing it to become dark and bright when the clouds past by the sun.
Agreed--this would certainly be enough for me.

While rain outs are cool, I'm not trying to spend (valuable) time playing 4 innings of ball to have it rained out/cancelled and I have to play it again--but that's just me.

With that said, MLBTS '14 will be my first taste of this greatness, as I've been stuck with MLB2K for the past...ever. So even what may be unpolished to all of you, will be leaps and bounds above what I am used to! Can't wait...
Old 02-24-2014, 12:59 PM   #43
MVP

kt-od's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoSir
While on the subject of baseball weather and such, game times should also be changed some.

No more simply Day/Night. There needs to be a 1:30, 4:15, 7:30, and 8:00 times.
Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the current version of the game have this already? I'm seen games start at 3:10 before.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:04 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-od
Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the current version of the game have this already? I'm seen games start at 3:10 before.
Maybe for franchise games that we're played in the central time zone (like a Cub's home game) where a 4:10 ET game was played (3:10 CT). But there was never an option for this in exhibition games.
Old 02-24-2014, 04:54 PM   #45
Pro

Herschie's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-od
Speaking of which, they need to fix that. The game has the shadows stop at some point and the lighting stops progressing. The 1:00 games look more like 3 o'clock games. And as far out as the shadow stretches, the lights should be on. The end of a 3:05 game ought to look like this:

Basically, it should look like the beginning of a night game. MLB 2K11 had this right, believe it or not. Another cool thing, and someone posted about this, is that the ball ought to get lost in the shadow late in the afternonn. 2K11 had this too. But, as posted before, this ought to affect the computer as well, it didn't in 2K11.

On the topic of weather, the rain looked totally unrealistic in 2K13, but it didn't happen that often, so that wasn't too much of a factor. I would like to be able to choose the weather too, I paid sixty bucks for the game, let me choose what to do with it. And there were never any overcast night games either.

They did a good job portraying cold too in the last installment of The Show. Maybe one other thing they could add is just how bad the bat stings when you make contact in the cold. And maybe have a few of the fans wearing that stupid "I bought this sweater because" sweaters.

But that brown ivy early in the season at Wrigley was epic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2014, 08:22 PM   #46
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschie
But that brown ivy early in the season at Wrigley was epic.
Not that I don't love it...

But it was "epic" in ASB2005.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-26-2014, 05:08 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 3

This has been the one thing that has bothered me for years is the temps in this game not being accurate or close to it. I always use the Mets for my chise and every year the night game temps are way off causing the players to auto wear long sleeves. Last year in July the night game temps were in the 60's. It's annoying spending the time to edit players with sleeves and gear just to have it auto overridden for long sleeves. I hope that it's finally fixed this year for the PS4.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:07 AM   #48
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarlic
Rain outs and delays would be cool but I will be fine with improved weather. Would be great to have games where it starts out overcast and "dry" and as the game progresses the rain starts to fall. Even varying the intensity as the game goes on and stopping at some point in the game.
No excuses for Next Gen not to have this... at some point. That goes for Madden as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »