Home

MLB 14 The Show Fact Sheet (PS Vita, PS3, PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Fact Sheet (PS Vita, PS3, PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2014, 10:10 AM   #153
Rookie

v2micca's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 14 The Show Fact Sheet (PS Vita, PS3, PS4)

Too late to add the feature this year, but I wonder if next year in Franchise mode, if you are playing the Phillies, will they give you the option to report on any un-signed draft picks to the NCAA.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:06 AM   #154
Rookie

IamAdderlyn's Arena

I would love the slap-swing style but it'll only on PS4, so Ichiro batting like Ichiro will have to wait few years if he doesn't retires then...
Old 02-28-2014, 04:06 AM   #155
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAdderlyn
I would love the slap-swing style but it'll only on PS4, so Ichiro batting like Ichiro will have to wait few years if he doesn't retires then...
This has me curious if they changed at all how the swing/batting animations work on PS4. It could be they didn't have time to put these in the PS3 version this year, or that they aren't possible on PS3 with whatever system they have in place there.

I hope its because they made changes to the batting animation system on PS4, and by change I mean upgrade.

In the past I could never use Ichiro, after getting to see him animate fairly well in MVP 2005 I couldn't stand to see him with his terrible stance/swing in the game.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 02-28-2014 at 04:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2014, 10:56 PM   #156
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
This has me curious if they changed at all how the swing/batting animations work on PS4. It could be they didn't have time to put these in the PS3 version this year, or that they aren't possible on PS3 with whatever system they have in place there.

I hope its because they made changes to the batting animation system on PS4, and by change I mean upgrade.

In the past I could never use Ichiro, after getting to see him animate fairly well in MVP 2005 I couldn't stand to see him with his terrible stance/swing in the game.
Its going to a different game for the PS4. In a good way. Somethings that are not on the PS3 will be in the PS4. I am just putting my faith SCEA to do their best. I am all in...
Old 03-02-2014, 12:32 AM   #157
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by decga
Its going to a different game for the PS4. In a good way. Somethings that are not on the PS3 will be in the PS4. I am just putting my faith SCEA to do their best. I am all in...
What I mean is if they made additions to the batting animation system only for PS4. They had to have made the new system similar to the PS3 so that they could reuse all the past batting stances. Or I guess they could have remade all the animations for the new PS4 system, but that seems like a lot of work.

I am putting my faith in SCEA as well, in that they updated the batting animation system so that we'll se improvement in future PS4-only batting stances and swings.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:27 AM   #158
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by decga
That is alot of new catcher animations. Way cool. Maybe the catcher will now be shown picking up their mask going after a pop fly. I also look forward to fly in Intros...
Catchers have been taking off there masks for like 3 years now. So it would be really cool to see a new animation of the catchers picking up there masks too

Last edited by tnixen; 03-02-2014 at 12:22 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:21 PM   #159
MVP

jct32's Arena

OVR: 17

Any idea if we can do Co-op for online franchise?
Old 03-06-2014, 07:13 AM   #160
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct32
Any idea if we can do Co-op for online franchise?

I believe this was a negative.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »