Home

Crowd audio

This is a discussion on Crowd audio within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2014, 11:49 PM   #9
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Crowd audio

All that being said, I'm not certain what the developers actually could put in and leave out. It's like having a "hustle" rating in there. Imagine being an MLB player and seeing you have one of 31, whether or not it's actually true.

I'm not not sure if they're allowed to put in some of those kinds of ratings, if that makes sense.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-03-2014, 12:41 AM   #10
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

OVR: 0

If anyone plays NBA 2K at times they chant "MVP, MVP, MVP." They chant something else but I can't make it out. And it's loud and clear.

Shouldn't be too hard to implement for the Show.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:51 AM   #11
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp
If anyone plays NBA 2K at times they chant "MVP, MVP, MVP." They chant something else but I can't make it out. And it's loud and clear.

Shouldn't be too hard to implement for the Show.
Since they already have an "MVP" thing that shows up on the scoreboard in MLB 13, I'm certainly sure they could code it to the same algorithm they have that in.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2014, 09:09 AM   #12
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

Or when a ball is hit and could be a homerun you should hear the crowd go like "oooOoOOOh!" Haha hard to write down but you guys (hopefully) get my point
Old 03-05-2014, 10:48 AM   #13
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
Or when a ball is hit and could be a homerun you should hear the crowd go like "oooOoOOOh!" Haha hard to write down but you guys (hopefully) get my point

Yep I think I know exactly what you mean

Example Home team batter hits a deep fly ball heading to the wall home crowd getting louder and louder because it looks like it maybe a HR but the ball is caught at the last second and the crowd goes from very loud and crazy to almost a whisper. Or another example batter hits a line drive down the line and crowd goes wild right after the hit but the ball lands foul and the crowd goes silent instantly or like what you said "oooOoOOOh!"

Right?

This is the kind of crowd audio I hope to hear for all kinds of hits and important moments in MLB 14 The Show.

PS4 should allow for a lot smarter crowd AI audio.

Last edited by tnixen; 03-05-2014 at 10:57 AM.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:15 AM   #14
MVP

tnixen's Arena

I was just playing NBA 2K14 PS4 version and I must say I am very impressed with the crowd audio coming out of my speakers. I had my speakers turned up pretty loud and it was very clear "HD sounding" and a smart AI crowd too. The crowd audio in NBA 2K14 really makes playing the game so much more exciting and realistic. But the good news is on the fact sheet for MLB 14 The Show it does say (All-new high-resolution crowd reactions, ambient noise, cheers, etc…. (PS4 Only)

So I am very excited to hear how the new "high-resolution" crowd on PS4 sounds. Hopefully when playing MLB 14 The Show it will really sound like you are at a real MLB stadium now with all the intensity, excitement and other atmosphere sounds that you would hear at a real life ball game

The Crowd AI and stadium atmosphere audio is probably close to if not the number 1 thing I am looking forward to checking out the most

I hope we are going to get a Blog about all the audio upgrades being made specifically for the PS4.

Last edited by tnixen; 03-06-2014 at 11:20 AM.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:36 AM   #15
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I was just playing NBA 2K14 PS4 version and I must say I am very impressed with the crowd audio coming out of my speakers. I had my speakers turned up pretty loud and it was very clear "HD sounding" and a smart AI crowd too. The crowd audio in NBA 2K14 really makes playing the game so much more exciting and realistic. But the good news is on the fact sheet for MLB 14 The Show it does say (All-new high-resolution crowd reactions, ambient noise, cheers, etc…. (PS4 Only)

So I am very excited to hear how the new "high-resolution" crowd on PS4 sounds. Hopefully when playing MLB 14 The Show it will really sound like you are at a real MLB stadium now with all the intensity, excitement and other atmosphere sounds that you would hear at a real life ball game

The Crowd AI and stadium atmosphere audio is probably close to if not the number 1 thing I am looking forward to checking out the most

I hope we are going to get a Blog about all the audio upgrades being made specifically for the PS4.
Too bad the crowd is static in 2k14 though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2014, 12:00 PM   #16
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Too bad the crowd is static in 2k14 though.

Really could you explain what you mean by static? Because I swear it sounds pretty darn good to my ears.

Also I guess I will be in for a real treat with MLB 14 The Show on PS4 then because I am sure Sony will not be using static

Last edited by tnixen; 03-06-2014 at 12:02 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »