Home

Crowd audio

This is a discussion on Crowd audio within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2014, 12:07 PM   #17
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Crowd audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Really could you explain what you mean by static? Because I swear it sounds pretty darn good to my ears.

Also I guess I will be in for a real treat with MLB 14 The Show on PS4 then because I am sure Sony will not be using static
The fans stay in their seats the entire game they don't walk up and down aisles or on concourses and there are no vendors and the baseline floor sweeper and mascots all stay in one spot. Fans just stand up and cheer when it's appropriate and they wave the sticks during free throws and that's about it. It was the same the PS3.

Last edited by ShowTyme15; 03-06-2014 at 12:16 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:09 PM   #18
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
The fans stay in their seats the entire game they don't walk up and down aisles or on concourses and there are no vendors and the baseline floor sweeper and mascots all stay in one spot. Fans just stand up and cheer when it's appropriate and they wave the sticks during free throws and that's about it. It was the some the PS3.
I was just talking about audio you do realize?

This whole topic was about audio was it not?

Last edited by tnixen; 03-06-2014 at 12:18 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:10 PM   #19
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I was just talking about audio you do realize?
Yes I do realize that. All I said was too bad the crowd was static and you asked for examples and I gave you the examples. I just answered the question you asked. Just sad to have that kind of crowd audio and the fans don't interact to the elements. Shouldn't be that way on a Next Gen console.

Last edited by ShowTyme15; 03-06-2014 at 12:12 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:13 PM   #20
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

He's got a good point.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-06-2014, 12:14 PM   #21
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Yes I do realize that. All I said was too bad the crowd was static and you asked for examples and I gave you the examples. I just answered the question you asked. Just sad to have that kind of crowd audio and the fans don't interact to the elements. Shouldn't be that way on a Next Gen console.
Got it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2014, 03:32 PM   #22
Rookie

Dodgersnlakers109's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Speaking of which, that would be interesting if teams had a "rivalry" rating against one another, and players had a "respect" rating of some sort. Hear me out on this one:

First let's look at a player's OVR rating. Assume the higher the rating (or the better they have done in the current game or something), the more they will be cheered at home. Likewise, they will generate more of a response on the road if their OVR is higher as well. But if they have a higher "respect" rating, maybe they'll get cheered on the road as well. Of course, if they're playing against a high rival team, they'll probably still be booed haha.

Not something I'd expect to actually see in this game. It's just that there are times where sometimes not everybody cheers or not everybody boos, etc. A combination would be nice, all depending.
This is a great idea would also work great for your RTTS player
Old 03-07-2014, 09:12 AM   #23
MVP

tnixen's Arena

I wonder if we will have a brand new sounding PA announcer for MLB 14 The Show? It's not that I hate the current PA announcer it's just that he has been the same PA announcer used is Sony's baseball games for years and years and a fresh voice in the PA announcing booth would be a breath of fresh air as far as the stadium atmosphere goes.

Anyway couldn't Sony use voice changing software to make make the PA announcer sound a lot different at every stadium? Or at the very least make the PA announcer at At&t Park sound like a woman?

Last edited by tnixen; 03-07-2014 at 09:20 AM.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:51 PM   #24
MVP

You know which baseball game had the best crowd? mvp baseball. Youtube that, they were pumped!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »