Home

Virtual Heads instead of Pictures?

This is a discussion on Virtual Heads instead of Pictures? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2014, 04:07 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 8
Virtual Heads instead of Pictures?

The graphics on the PS4 should be solid enough that a generated player face will look nearly as good as an actual photograph of the player.

Any chance that the PS4 skips photos altogether and just uses generated player faces, so that when they get traded/signed, there isnt a mismatch between the two styles on your roster?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2014, 04:17 PM   #2
Banned

The_Duke's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Virtual Heads instead of Pictures?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxseed Oil
The graphics on the PS4 should be solid enough that a generated player face will look nearly as good as an actual photograph of the player.

Any chance that the PS4 skips photos altogether and just uses generated player faces, so that when they get traded/signed, there isnt a mismatch between the two styles on your roster?
I'm hoping for this too. I thought it was great when they added virtual faces for real players last year. It seems like to me the majority of people were in favor of this so I doubt they took it out, but I could be wrong.

Last edited by The_Duke; 03-05-2014 at 04:20 PM.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:18 PM   #3
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxseed Oil

I'm kind of with you on that, except I wouldn't mind keeping the regular player card photos, but somehow have them be able to change the hat and uniform in the picture to the team the player went to.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:24 PM   #4
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
I'm kind of with you on that, except I wouldn't mind keeping the regular player card photos, but somehow have them be able to change the hat and uniform in the picture to the team the player went to.
Even if they did that, any created players (OSFM, from the draft, created by you) would still have cyber faces instead of the player picture. I want them to pick one thing and use it on all players, and I believe cyber faces is the only way to do this. My problem with cyber faces were that they just didn't look good enough on MLB 13. Maybe they would look better on the PS4, more clean in a way.
From the videos they've released so far, it looks like they'll be doing the same thing as last year... pictures for players that haven't switched teams, and cyber faces for everyone else. In no way is this a major issue for me though, this game is way too good in many other areas!
Old 03-05-2014, 04:36 PM   #5
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Man was there a huge discussion on this last year when the introduced cyberfaces being used for players not on their original team.

The takeaway from that was that the easiest solution to the problem to please the most amount of people was to give the option for all cyberfaces to those who wanted it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2014, 04:40 PM   #6
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
Even if they did that, any created players (OSFM, from the draft, created by you) would still have cyber faces instead of the player picture. I want them to pick one thing and use it on all players, and I believe cyber faces is the only way to do this. My problem with cyber faces were that they just didn't look good enough on MLB 13. Maybe they would look better on the PS4, more clean in a way.
From the videos they've released so far, it looks like they'll be doing the same thing as last year... pictures for players that haven't switched teams, and cyber faces for everyone else. In no way is this a major issue for me though, this game is way too good in many other areas!

Right..... I forgot about if you were to create a player, perhaps the cyber faces would be the best way to go about it.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:57 PM   #7
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

I've always felt cyber portraits were the way to go. I'm hoping we can have this option on the PS4 version or at least the work around for it like we had in MLB 13 that would work too.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:01 PM   #8
Rookie

WB1214's Arena

OVR: 3

Definitely think they should go with cyber faces. Doesn't bother me at all on 2k

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »