Home

The only thing that matters

This is a discussion on The only thing that matters within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 06:03 PM   #9
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: The only thing that matters

Why would SCEA release videos of the PS4 version before the PS3 version drops? It wouldn't make sense for them business wise if they know people will buy both.

If they show PS4 video now, they run the risk of having people say "Ah, I can wait a month!" instead of getting the PS3 and PS4 versions.

It's just not smart business.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-2014, 06:12 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
Why would SCEA release videos of the PS4 version before the PS3 version drops? It wouldn't make sense for them business wise if they know people will buy both.

If they show PS4 video now, they run the risk of having people say "Ah, I can wait a month!" instead of getting the PS3 and PS4 versions.

It's just not smart business.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
This.

They would only hurt themselves by doing this. There PS3 sales would drop.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:16 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Actually, we're getting a better product with LESS bugs bc the games coming out later.
How do you know this...you have only seen a few picks.

I would rather ramone say...no footage until after ps3 launch....or no, no $10 up charge for ps4. I feel like we are being left hanging. If this was thq or ea I would not be shocked, but 4 scea this is new.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2014, 06:19 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick32093209
How do you know this...you have only seen a few picks.

I would rather ramone say...no footage until after ps3 launch....or no, no $10 up charge for ps4. I feel like we are being left hanging. If this was thq or ea I would not be shocked, but 4 scea this is new.
you serious dude? It's only logical when they release later, more bugs will be fixed. Stop trolling.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:22 PM   #13
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick32093209
I am bored of seeing PS4 vids filmed on an 8mm camera looking through a peep hole in the SCEA locker room. The silly video looking at our favorite All-Stars make fools of themselves in a commercial that has nothing to do with the actually game is also a waste of time.

Can we just get to the bottom line...
...when are we going to see PS4 vids?
If I buy the PS3 version will I be able to upgrade for $10 like NBA2k14?

Normally the people who spend more money get the better deal. Right now...we get the game later, pay more and have less info. Not to mention that we are getting it after the season starts. WE are also taking a larger risk when it comes to game bugs.

Ramone...help a brotha out
I feel you my brother. We all want more. More this, more that. April 1st will here less than 6 days. Hope fully we will see some action then. They got sell at least a million copies for the PS3.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:33 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
you serious dude? It's only logical when they release later, more bugs will be fixed. Stop trolling.
If they were the same game on the same system, this would hold true. We've been told the PS4 is a completely different architecture with stadiums that have been built from the ground up. This alone will present more opportunities for bugs. It's not necessarily trolling when someone has a different opinion than you.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:38 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cezar24
If they were the same game on the same system, this would hold true. We've been told the PS4 is a completely different architecture with stadiums that have been built from the ground up. This alone will present more opportunities for bugs. It's not necessarily trolling when someone has a different opinion than you.
True, but Russell even said, the PS4 version wasn't being rushed, it wasn't being released until it was ready to go. They weren't releasing it until they were happy with the product. Therefore, less bugs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2014, 07:52 PM   #16
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
True, but Russell even said, the PS4 version wasn't being rushed, it wasn't being released until it was ready to go. They weren't releasing it until they were happy with the product. Therefore, less bugs.
They are still on a deadline, even Rockstar/Take Two have deadlines at some point. With an annual sports game that deadline is very rigid each year to be within a certain range.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »